If you are legal drinking age and like to party this is the hotel for you. It has an excellent location right on the boardwalk and has a restaurant/bar right on premises. Getting drunk and passing out could not be more convenient! During our stay we witnessed a family with young children get so drunk one of the members fell into the pool. Then a group of young men showed up and drank three sets of beers in quick succession which were thrown down to them from an upper balcony. While this was highly entertaining to watch I didn't feel safe letting my kids join the party.
The hotel itself is old and not glamorous. It was built to last. The beds were relatively comfortable. The room was relatively clean and had a tile floor. The pool area has a cushioned grip surface and the water is warm and clean. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Twp adult beach passes were included. I would not stay here again and would not recommend to anyone with children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Boardwalk at Sherman Avenue in Seaside Heights, the Aztec Ocean Resort is just steps from the Atlantic Ocean, Seaside’s Casino Pier Amusements, and Breakwater Beach. Amenities include heated pool, air-conditioning, grille (serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and coffee shop. Also on the premise is the Seaside Crab House Restaurant offering spectacular views of the ocean (serving lunch and dinner) and the Aztec Bar featuring entertainment in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Aztec Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aztec Ocean Hotel Seaside Heights
- Aztec Ocean Seaside Heights
- Aztec Hotel Nj
- Aztec Ocean Resort Seaside Heights