I stayed at the Aztec over Labor Day wkend. The parking was sparse but found a spot. I was told I could have a poolside room with 2 queen beds and a sofa for our 5th person. Got the poolside room, no sofa. I asked about it and was told the rooms w/sofas had been booked since Thursday. I told I booked it on Wed.. I asked for a roll away cot. They don't have and so we crammed 3 in a bed...
The room was dated but relatively clean. I think the grout in the bathroom floor could be bleached and or re-grouted. There were only 2 pillows on each bed. We asked for more and was given 1.
Location was great, right on the boardwalk.
I don't think it's much of a family hotel. I would say more of a party one as there are beer flags hanging over the pool and beer posters hanging on walls around the pool.
If you're a partier and/or want convenience or even for a night, the place is good. I wouldn't stay here again though. I certainly wouldn't stay here for a week. I don't want to say anything too negative but it is very dated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Boardwalk at Sherman Avenue in Seaside Heights, the Aztec Ocean Resort is just steps from the Atlantic Ocean, Seaside’s Casino Pier Amusements, and Breakwater Beach. Amenities include heated pool, air-conditioning, grille (serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and coffee shop. Also on the premise is the Seaside Crab House Restaurant offering spectacular views of the ocean (serving lunch and dinner) and the Aztec Bar featuring entertainment in season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Aztec Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aztec Ocean Hotel Seaside Heights
- Aztec Ocean Seaside Heights
- Aztec Ocean Resort Seaside Heights
- Aztec Hotel Nj