“It's fine! and it's fun!”
Review of Aztec Ocean Resort

Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Coram, New York
“It's fine! and it's fun!”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Let's set the record straight here on the Aztec Resort - It's fine! And it's fun! The rooms were clean and the beds were clean and comfortable. Sure, you're gonna track sand from the beach back to the rooms and into the pool, (not everyone uses the outdoor shower at the pool to wash the sand off), but the Aztec staff vacuum the pool every
morning and clean and make order out of your room, everyday, to counter that. I did not see one bug around even though there was a rather large gap under the door;
(could use door flashing?). Everything worked in the room including all the lights, the small refrigerator and the cable TV. However, the volume did not work on the cable remote; you had to change the volume at the TV set. Some improvements to the room might be central air versus the in-wall A/C which is louder. Plus the curtains didn't
close completely leaving a small gap to see inside. The sink is outside the bathroom in the main room which reduces your privacy. Despite those few shortcomings, my
teenagers and their friends had the time of their lives at the Aztec, especially with the hangout area upstairs, which let's you party and watch the world go by. Plus
they found a large space outside the room to do their Insanity workout in the mornings. We definitely would stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, rooms 104 and 105, which is right off the pool and a few second walk ont...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank LongIslandDad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This place is what it is--- a good place to crash after a day at the beach with a great location. We stayed there last year and had no issues. I understand it is now under new management. Could of fooled me, because we were appalled at the indifferent and rude staff. You're in the business of hospitality people! Bring back the old management, maybe i'd return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank juelz27
sshaztec, Manager at Aztec Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear former Guest
I am sorry to read that you also were not satisfied with Aztec hospitality. As the new manager I am attempting to improve our image. Your comments while your were here would have been welcomed.
Hotel Manager

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2011

We understand the room would not be 5 stars and that we were paying for location but this place is an absolute dump! The covers on the bed looked like they had been on the bed since the hotel opened. No updates have been made to bring this hotel onto modern times.

But the worst worst part Of the experience was the service, what can I say absolutely deplorable. There was no hospitality at this hotel.

Here was the treatment we encountered, we wanted to use a hairdryer he said they were all checked out, then said they werent there and were never coming back.

At check in we asked if we could have the beach passes and they said they didn't have any and then we asked later and they gave us two.

At check out we were trying to scoop ice but there was no scooper and they said since we checked out there was no scooper to borrow. We are talking ice here people!

Absolutely ridiculous service I would never stay here again. Run dont walk from this place. And do not believe their statement about the new management that it is better. As friends can attest that stayed last year the new management is far far worse then the old.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Lmtrick
sshaztec, General Manager at Aztec Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear guest,
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I wish you would have let the front desk or housekeeping staff know that you were not happy with the bed covers or condition of your room. We would have gladly changed your bed covers and sheets on your bed if you were not happy.

In regards to hair dryers and irons we have a few to loan out to our customers. We do not time how long someone uses the items so we could not have given an exact time the items would be returned to us for you to use.
We do offer beach tags to our customers they are available in the morning from 9 am to 4 pm. They are only available during these hours because they are our season passes and are very expensive to replace.
If someone on our staff was rude I wish you would contact me and let me know so I can make corrections. We have worked hard to improve our staff this summer and past comments from this summer has shown this to be true.

To all future guests give us a try. You are welcome to check the room before you check in and if you are not happy with your accommodation let us know so we can make it right. Going home disappointed then posting your feelings online does not make your stay any better or worse. We could have corrected the issues you had during your stay and you would have had a better time.
Warminster, PA
Reviewed July 12, 2011

After staying at a very nice fam. resort in North Wildwood in July this place was the pits.
Our fam. competes in the Que by the Sea in September. We were very disappointed in everything about this place and spent almost no time in the room. The management was terrible and tried to charge my daughter more for her room (saying it was pool view) that was directly next to my brothers' room (who were staying only 1 night) and she was the one staying there for 3 nights. It wasn't clean to the point that I slept on top of the made up bed using my own sheets for fear of you know what and noise was an issue from the bar. Look elsewhere and pay a little more if you have to but don't stay here.

Room Tip: Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank KathleenK
sshaztec, Manager at Aztec Ocean Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear guest,
The Aztec Ocean Resort is under new management for the 2011 season and our goal to make your stay a memorable one.
I am not sure why customer who stayed with us in September of 2010 now has decided to write this review of the hotel. So please look at all comments before making a decision. As you can see from current reviews we are working hard to make improvements here at the Aztec. If you do choose to stay with us please let us know if something is not right so we can correct it.
Have a Great Summer
Hope to see you soon.
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2011

First mistake: my boyfriend and I paid for parking outside, seeing that underneath the hotel was full. Don't. They have 2 lots close by for free!

Room was alright. Very dark. Definitely needs more light. On the table in our room there was a lot of food crumbs. Of course there is going to be sand in the room. You're on the board walk. Let's be real here people.

Beds were decent enough. I liked that the toilet/shower was in one room, and the sink/large mirror was outside of it. One of the few hotel bathrooms I've seen with fans too.

The cable was nice. I realize people don't want to sit in and watch tv, but I expect those with children would appreciate it.

We had a room right by the pool... and by the nightclub/bar. It was LOUD. we were right by the pool bar, so people kept coming out of the club (opening the door) to sit and smoke. So the music would randomly get super loud, followed by smoke that came in right underneath our door (which had a curiously large gap), followed by the very loud sound of people talking less than 4 feet from the door. My boyfriend and I are young, truth be told if I was feeling well we would have been right in there, so we didn't really mind. The smoke annoyed me (but that's not the hotel's fault at all), but I don't mind loud music. Had we had children with us, that could have been a problem.

Overall not bad, I'd go back, but not for the peak prices. We went off peak, and $84 seemed like a very fair price. Definitely not $140 plus tax though.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Our room was clean and larger then I thought it would be. Bathroom was in a little rough shape but I have been in worse. Not your 5 star hotel but def would stay again. Location is PERFECT right on the boardwalk and next to everything , staff was nice and helpful.

I would not recommend taking children there. I took my 5 year old, and seaside is a party place- and so was the hotel. If it were me and my husband I would not have cared, we would have joined. But for a young child the party goes on right outside your room since there is a bar at the hotel, and it goes on until 4 in the morning every night and is very loud.

So great place for young people, or older people who don't mind the noise. Also very little parking at the hotel- they have two extra parking lots but they are a short walk away- so unload at check in before you go park.

Room Tip: I did all my communication with them through email and they were very fast to reply and helped me ge...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank brooks710
Nutley, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2011

just came back after 3 nights stay at aztec motel, it s very clean smell great ,awesome staff at front desk the bedroom with double bed is very spacious with small bathroom and very good ac/heat everything work fine just park your car and you want use it again steps from pier amusement park,dunkin donuts and 7/11,,free beach passes nice pool ..the best thing was that we saw jersey shore cast in the aztec bar and right outside the motel ..it s clean clean you can see the cleaning people scrubbing the floors everyday..

Room Tip: get room number 327
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family