“Sea Palace” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Northern Jersey, NJ
“Sea Palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Due to visiting after a recent storm, there were no hotels in the area without flood damage. The staff was more than accommodating, providing air fresheners and upgraded rooms without upgrade fees to compensate for the minor damages. Even the first room we were assigned to only of a mild musky smell, however we were still upgraded to an immaculate upgraded room. Only two blocks from the beach and boardwalk, the sea palace provided everything we needed. The most important standard I personally have for hotels is cleanliness and customer service, both of which were outstanding here. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone searching in the seaside park/seaside heights area. Growing up in New Jersey, I have stayed at most of the hotels/motels in that area and The Sea Palace is by far my favorite!!!
(PS..I stayed here back in high school for a class trip and the manager had made our whole school T-shirts! They are awesome!)

Room Tip: No references...all rooms have their perks. I've stayed with them many times and have no favorit...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Middlebury, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Me and my friend were going to seaside for the weekend, and we wanted an afforable but clean motel to go to. After having a brutal experience with the Knights Inn, we call the sea palace and the staff was SO friendly, gave us a deal on the room, and gave us a GREAT room. This is only a block and a half away from the boardwalk and and beach, close to all bars and clubs, and very family friendly. The rooms were extremely nice, very clean and the most comfortable beds of any motel i have ever been to. id reccomend this place to anyone!

Room Tip: choose sea palace inn!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

From the looks of this place it appeared to be clean. So we booked it. I can't say it was a total mistake, but we will not ever stay here again. They don't have an ice machine. What hotel/motel does not even have an ice machine? Our room only had one mirror and that was in the bathroom. The room its self was clean. Housekeeping should sweep behind the nightstands. Our sheets were dirty, (thank goodness we always take our own sheets) and the beds were worn OUT!! Our one bed literally had a dip in it! Also there was no phone in the room. So if you wanted to call the front dest you had to use your cell. Not a bad place to stay if you like the bare minimum. Not a bad place to stay if you like the bare minimum!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ang1022

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

nyc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Went for the weekend with my girlfriend and will never go back. When you first pull up you see a decent looking building and think "this isnt too bad". Well once we checked in we were taken to the motel area that seemed like not a single penny was put into the place since it opened 100 years ago. The staff is very strange and we felt like we were being watched. I even had to put a towel on the window to cover a "hole" in the blinds. The carpet was disgusting as well as the towels and sheets. We wanted to cancel the second night's stay and go elsewhere but everything else was all booked up. I am just happy we made it out of there without some kind of staff infection. That is probably due to my girlfriend who was so disgusted with the room she went to the store across the street to get Clorax wipes and clean on our vacation. NEVER AGAIN! SHOULD BE CONDEMED!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoeyNewyorks
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

For my friends birthday, four of us girls went down to seaside for a quick getawy before we all left for school. The sea palace motel looked decent, but then when we checked in we were placed in the sea palace motel. ABSOlUTELY HORRIBLE! will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN! the refridgetaor was not cleaned out and contained someones left over food, the bathroom was a disgrace, in order for us to use the refridgerator tv and microwave we had to unplug one device since there was only 2 outlits. FRONT DESK STAFF IS RUDE AND LAZY! DO NOT STAY. very shady!

Room Tip: try another hotel, this is not worth money
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank alex d
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

its one of the worst motel ever...very rude staff and an extremely small swimming pool...don't let the internet pictures fool you..i don't understand the positives reviews what are these people thinking ..dirty rooms...my advise to everyone ...DO NOT GO THERE If you have children...the manager Ray has charged a guest more money than what Expedia has already charged the guest and the reason was ...that's the way it is....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank any2225
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

This place is absolutely disgusting! I don't understand previous positive reviews, my only assumption is maybe "the inn" (first building) is nicer than the motel. I stayed @ the motel, my sheets were dirty and the comforter and box spring were covered by some red sticky beverage. The floor was very sticky and when I stepped on a wet towel it left a black foot print from walking around barefoot. My washcloth was a cleaning rag that was stained with black. They do not enforce quiet time@10 like they imply, there were very loud drunk people outside my room @ 2 am and no phone in the room to call the front desk. I've never left a hotel in fear of catching a fungus or disease from the room like I do after leaving this place. So gross! The staff was somewhat friendly on a positive note.

• Stayed July 2011