“Great atmosphere, lacking service/quality”

Spicy's Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here with some friends hoping for some good Mexican food.

Pros: great location. 2nd floor balcony seating was great. Crowd was nice. Good atmosphere and music.

Cons: food was mediocre. Chips and salsa were very bland. I ordered nachos... They came with a good amount of toppings, but weren't very flavorful. I don't know if they don't salt the chips or what. Service was poor. None of us received drink refills. My friend asked for sour cream, never received it but was charged for it. I realize mistakes happen but our waitress was very inattentive in general.

Fun place for drinks but I wouldn't eat here again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Great time with awesome views of the sea...the drinks were jumbo and the portions were too! No long wait on a Friday night so we made the use of the jumbo drinks!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I normally like to indulge on Boardwalk treats, but this was a great change! Pretty good mexican food and a great view overlooking the boardwalk. It was a fun atmosphere and the margaritas looked good :)

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great place to stop in for drinks while at the beach. Lunch break!! Sandwishes, shrimp, etc. etc. Great service.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I had been here a few years before and thought it was overpriced and average food. We had a gift certificate we have been holding for over 1 year, so we decided to give it a try again. The renovations since the storm hit are very nice. We sat upstairs near the balcony. My table was wobbly and the air conditioner or some type of vent above was periodically dripping down fluid right next to me and sometimes on me if the wind was right. The food is still average. Dry rice and super salty food. The drinks were good. I wish this place didn't take for granted that they will always have business because of their location, and spent a little time on quality.