“Awesome food - great staff!”

Spicy's Mexican Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Manalapan, New Jersey, USA
“Awesome food - great staff!”
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Just came back from Spicy's - again - and love everything about it. The BEST margaritas & the tableside guacamole, which Chef Jimmy will prepare for you - is to die for! Also, the staff has always been very attentive to us. Love all of the inventive recipes and it's such a great place to bring the kids, who can go to the Coin Castle downstairs & play. It is so worth the trip and it's a place that keeps bringing me back!

4 Thank lprocanyn

Newark, NJ
“Terrible food with a nice ocean view”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was the low point of a rather disappointing trip to Seaside Heights, a shore town I have loved since I was a teenager. My wife and I love boardwalk food and we had a great sausage sandwich for lunch, but for dinner, we thought we would call on our other love, fresh mex, and Spicy's seemed like it would be the perfect place for that. Well, the view was nice, and I won't complain about the marguerita, but that was the worst "Mexican" food either of us ever had, hands down, and it was also VERY expensive. The chips were out of the bag quality, the salsa was mediocre, and the chicken was the only meat with any taste - it tasted like chicken fat, not chicken meat. After Spicy's we went home in a hurry. The next day my wife cooked Mexican, and it was great!

1 Thank mijsnomis
Lakehurst, New Jersey
“Good food but it was too hot in the restaurant !!”
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Where was the AC? It was way too hot in the place especially when your eating hot food. They really need to turn up the AC.

Red Bank, New Jersey
“Beautiful Views, Tasty Food”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

My husband & I went to Spicy's for our three year anniversary. The view was really gorgeous!! It was very romantic to look out at the water while eating, and drinking WONDERFUL sangria! We both started with tableside guacamole (my favorite!) & chips, the guacamole was very fresh & tasty. I had a chicken fajita it had great flavor although I must say it wasn't spicy despite the restaurant name . My husband went for a black angus burger and ate every bit. The service was friendly & attentive. All in all a lovely night, we will be back!

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank JerseyMom335
Santa Monica, California
“Average restaurant, worse service”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

There is little choice for dining in Seaside Heights but this restaurant came up as the 4th best so we thought we would give it a go, especially as it has good views.

The food was pretty average - for veggie and shrimp fajitas, there were only a couple of vegetables in there and the number of tortillas did not match the food on the plate, the filling would not all fit in. My friend's dish was average also - unmemorable for us both.

It was the service that really irked us. It all started well with a friendly bouncer and concierge but our waitress Ashley seriously let the side down. She was surly and aggressive whenever we asked a question, walked past saying how 'annoying' everything was and generally did not seem to be coping with the night (restaurant not full) or her job.

I wouldn't return given the choice - you can forgive good food and bad service, or vice versa, but not both!!

• Visited June 2011