“Exceeded expectations!”

Palm Villa Suites Hotel
Ranked #22 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My buddy and I came to seaside to party and have a wild night of drunken fun. we had no room reserved anywhere when we got into town. after visiting a few hotels who did have rooms available, they more than disgusting. Luckily we found Palm Villa Suites. PVS was clean, comfortable, and worth the price. The staff was very helpful and nice. We caused a little bit of trouble partying a little too hard and they worked with us to make sure we knew the rules and tamed it down a bit. They respected us and we in turn respected their wishes. We easily could have been asked to leave. We are going back this summer for sure. Restore the Shore!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank TonyPSU02
There are newer reviews for Palm Villa Suites Hotel

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I had stayed at palm villa suites motel in seaside heights, NJ in Sep 2012 for 2 nights, the rooms were very nice, clean & spacious. Even the bathroom was clean and very well maintained. Motel is located 5 minutes walking from the beach. The staff and service was great. I would rate this motel among one of the top in town. I would surely recommend this motel and stay there this summer.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel in jersey shore.rooms are very clean and just a block away from the beach.i don't have words to describe this place you would feel just at home ..bathroom and shower was spotless .enuff room for your toiletry................just checked the pictures i added and you'll know.highly recommended.

Room Tip: corner balcony suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed in one of the "Balcony Rooms". The room was laid out just as it appears on their website. What the website doesn't show you a picture from the room entrance. When you walk in there is a queen size bed against one wall. Diagonal to the queen bed there is a twin size trundle bed. You have about 12 inches between the two beds to pass through. I was unable to walk through the space with my suitcase. A second queen size bed was tucked in another corner of the room.

Pros: The room was clean. Decent size balcony. AC worked very well. New flat screen TV. Off street parking (some of the spaces are small, if you have a big vehicle you may run into some problems). We got two free passes to the beach. Free access to wifi (we were given two access codes and could only connect two wireless devices, not a big deal). The pool is very small but they kept it clean. The mattresses and box springs are sealed in "bed bug proof" covers.

Cons: One queen size bed was broken, the head end on one corner was angled down toward the floor. The mattresses are of poor quality, clearly cheap. The freezer door on the refrigerator was broken, one fo the tabs that held the door in place was snapped off. The bathtub had a huge crack in the bottom of it. It felt like you were going to fall through. It looks like they tried to fix it with some kind of sealer. See pictures I attached. To be clear, there was a crack in this tub! Water was able to pass through while we showered. On the second day I returned to the room and found that everything in the fridge was warm. Someone unplugged the fridge while we were gone ( I assume they did this so they could plug in a vaccum) and they left it unplugged. The clean towels are stored on top of th toilet tank. Guys, install a shelf, please! The door knob on the entry door was banged up pretty bad. There was no dead bolt so that door knob was the only thing securing the door. The lack of a dead bolt doesn't matter much because the door was flimsy. There were a lot of drunks staggering around at night, one of them puked in the parking lot. I'd have liked a more secure room. There were security cameras all over the place which is nice but does not instill much confidence. It's great that you'll have video of the guy that easily kicks in the door to my room. I'd rather have a solid door with a dead bolt so it's not easily entered.

If you are a college kid and want a cheap place to stay this is for you. If you are traveling with kids and you can afford to pay more for a room, do so.

Note: We did not report any of these issues to management. There was no reason to. During cleaning of the room it should have been obvious that these problems were present.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jason M
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I went to Seaside when summer was winding down, so this was one of the only hotels open. The room was spacious, could have been a little cleaner though. The blinds were broken so we couldn't really open them. Compared to a lot of other hotels in the area this is one of the nicer ones.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The staff at the hotel was amazing!!! Room was efficient and clean

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This hotel was awful. Dirty, smelly, outdated and barely furnished. No phone to call the front office. Mini fridge wasn't plugged in when we got there. Power went out approx 9pm and no one from the front desk checked on us or gave us any information. When I walked down to check on the situation (power was out in the whole hotel) the manager/front desk person informed me, through puffs of his cigarette, that he didn't know what was going on and wouldn't be calling anyone to find out. There were no hooks or shelves in the bathroom, so when changing/ brushing teeth/ etc you have to put all of your things on the floor!

Here's the real kicker...when leaving I found men's beard/moustache trimmings on the edge of the sink. I was staying in the room with my sister-so this bathroom was clearly not cleaned. I can only imagine what other disgusting things lie in this room. DO NOT STAY HERE! Do not waste your money- it's a dirty dump.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family