“An Off Broadway Production!”
Review of Surfside Motel

Surfside Motel
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Jersey
“An Off Broadway Production!”
Reviewed July 4, 2007

Too all YOU PEOPLE!!! Who want to know more about the Surfside hotel it has something for everyone. For the historians each room has the first ever Zeeneth television ever made and you have to unplug it to turn it off.

Then there are the others. The part people. YOU PEOPLE as I like to say.

All though the rooms were bad you have people belly flopping in the pool for money. By the way the pool is "AWESOME"

and fat kids screaming SURFSIDE AT SEASIDE!!! and Chanting USA! USA! USA! 3 in the morning.

Also you provide the second best continental breakfast ever made and your 2 blocks away from Chef Alfonsos also known as Steaks Unlimited.

That is why this Hotel is a FIVE!!! out of FIVE!!!

So until next time I recommend the

SUUUUUUURRRRRRFFFFFFF SIDEEEEEEE AT SEAAAAAAA SIDE>>

P.S: The FAT KID WAS ME!!!

• Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank kondik00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Great Bend ,Pa.
Reviewed October 2, 2006

After having a bad experience last year at one of the other motels in Seaside Heights I was little leary of trying this place especially after reading some of the other posts. We came down in August and overall the room really wasn't that bad. We were right across from the boardwalk and w/ 2 young boys it was really nice not to have to walk 2 blocks to return to our temporary home. My 2 sisters went with us so we had 3 rooms in all. My older sister had a single room and my other sister had a suite like we did. If you are going to get a suite with the stove take your own cooking stuff because that is not provided. The maid was there everyday to give us fresh towels and take the trash. The sheets were clean and fresh. It was a little noisy at with the other people there but w/ the AC on it was ok. We will definitly be back next year!!! Also the girls that work at the Whistle Stop for the free breakfast were very nice !!!

4 Thank tdemartino
philadelphia
Reviewed August 28, 2006

This place was horrid. The furniture was broken and filthy. The beds were broken and the mattresses were stained with all sorts of grossness. I just felt unclean the entire time I was there. The man in the office started a fight with a drunk guest staying in the room with the Dasani refrigerator, as mentioned in the previous post, and it went on all night. The best thing about this place is that they keep the pool open practically half the night. This way you could lay on the deck chairs instead of sitting on that disgusting furniture. Every day I took a long nap on the deck chairs because I couldn't sleep well wondering what was crawling around in those beds.
I went down ahead of time to see the hotel and the room they showed me was sparse but presentable. I contracted for that exact room but it was given away before I checked in.
If you are looking for a cheap place to crash in, get drunk and loud in then this is the place. Do not bring children to this place. It is not for family atmosphere. We loved Seaside Heights but we will stay elsewhere on future visits.

Stayed August 2006
2 Thank Mare'smom

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

NJ
Reviewed August 9, 2006

This place was so disgusting. I paid 100.00 for a room that had grafitti on the wall, a filthy pull out couch that was broken and two beds that caved in the middle. Do yourself a big favor and stay away from this rat hole.

2 Thank joray399
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2006

Om My Gosh, where to begin...My husband called the hotel for information before booking. He was told that the hotel had been recently renovated. We booked months before our stay. We flew into Newark, so we had quite a ride to seaside. Once we got there it was around 3AM. We checked in, woke the children up, dragged 7 suitcases into the room...

I was HORRIFIED by the sight and the smell of this room. It smelled of Gas from the stove, that almost made me throw-up. The beds were sunken down in the middle, the bedding was tattered, old and smelly. The refrigerator was a "Disani" water cooler that you'd find at a convenience store, but the bottom (Motor/Parts) was exposed! Ewwwwww!!! The carpet and the sofa had many questionable stains on them......Eeeek!

We packed up the kids and traveled 40 minutes to find another hotel. We ended up at a National Chain hotel, and paid dearly for it. Needless to say, after seeing the Surfside Motel, it was worth every penny of the cost.

I'm on my laptop right now, so I can't add the photos...Oh yes, I took plenty of photos! I needed proof. My friends and family couldn't believe the "refrigerator" or the Beds...

One friend said that it looks like it should be "rented by the hour"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pittston, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2006

A last minuit decision to stay after a vacation plan to stay with another family in a cottage went wrong. My children and I were suppose to stay with family at a cottage that they had booked. plenty of room for all is what we were told. I can't explain how horrid this cottage was but that is for another write upl..but keeping to the story this hotel sat across from the dump that we were presented with, my son 10 year old son pleaded with me to check if they had any rooms for our stay. This was the best motel that was in sight. It is very close to the boardwalk and the pool located in from was very inviting. Upon checking in the older man at the desk was very accomadating, frendily and charming. Gave me a key and made me look at the room before I gave an okay. The place is dated but it was clean, smelt like ajax when I entered (which at this point isn't a bad thing) . It isn't the PALACE. There was a stove and a refridgerator in the room with two double beds and a pull out couch, nothing fancy. Breakfast is included coupons are given for a cute boardwalk resturant across the road. For the money I can't complain. It is all what you make out of it. There is far worse places in Seaside that you can be stuck at. This place was a life savior for me. Plenty of parking and agian I can't stress how nice hotel office staff was.

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Joychristine10
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 30, 2006

My friends and I spent Memorial Day weekend at the Surfside Motel. We had a really great time. The rooms were very nice and the pool was well fun.. This weekend was very busy at the motel I don't think they had any vacancy all weekend but everything at the motel ran smoothly. The security at the motel was great even though the town was packed. I think we got a good deal on our weekend rate and it even included free breakfast each day. My friends and I will defintly go back again.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member