So my boyfriend and I wanted to spend a weekend at Seaside and figured we would try this place out- it's located right near the boardwalk, offers free breakfast at a nearby restaurant, and was one of the cheapest for 2 nights in the middle of August. We had also seen it about 4 years ago when searching for a motel at that time. Upon getting to the place, the first thing we noticed was that the parking lot was EXTREMELY SMALL, the spaces are slanted so that they can fit more cars into a tiny area behind the motel but to try to get in and out of the spaces without damaging your car or the car next to you is impossible. We went to the office to check in and the lady behind the counter told us we could park our car in the little driveway next to the office but we would have to leave her our keys just in case she had to move it to let someone else out. Hell no, we didn't want her joyriding around in our car! So then we get to the room to find that the door looks like it's not closed all of the way, but that's the way it locks. There were no curtains on the windows so there was a gap in the blinds where anyone could see into the room. The room smelled like urine/mildew/mold, I couldn't tell what.....the beds were two different heights due to the fact that one of them was busted.....my boyfriend and I shared the bed that didn't seem busted only to find cigarette burns in the comforter and a nasty spider hanging from the ceiling above us....the sink was located outside of the bathroom but there was no mirror! How was my boyfriend expected to shave without a mirror? In it's place was crayon grafitti that someone dated 2006 which means the room hasn't been painted in at least 2 years.....then there's the dresser....the drawers were all broken and when I opened the top drawer to put my clothes away, I found a BLOODY pair of women's panties......I felt like throwing up......the TV is an ancient Zenith- I was actually surprised that it was color- but in order to turn it off we had to unplug it because the power button didn't work.......the carpets were disgusting, gum stuck to it in differnent spots and it always seemed "wet" like someone walked through there right from the ocean or the pool, or some little kid peed all over the room (that's what it smelled like at least).....next day I took a shower only to discover mildew/mold on the inside of the shower curtain AND there are no shelves in the shower for your shampoo bottles so you have to have them on the floor of the shower.......the people in the room above us must have had young kids because every morning at 6 there would be pounding footsteps from above, and the noise from the pool at 3 in the morning was ridiculous......DO NOT STAY HERE!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfside Motel is the place to stay for fun and sun in Seaside Heights. Being a family owned property we take each guest with the hopes of making your stay as comfortable as possible. Talk to any of our friendly staff and they will make sure all your demands are met. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Surfside Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Motel Seaside Heights
- Surfside Hotel Seaside Heights