New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Northeastern USA
“only in a pinch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

The best thing this motel has going for it, is it's location directly across the street from the Seaside Heights NJ, boardwalk. But even with it's great location, it was overpriced. From the outside it appears to be an average picturesque older Jersey shore motel. Parking is tight and limited, although free. Once we found a good spot, we didn't move the car again because everything is within walking distance. The room however was not as nostalgically appealing, The furniture was not only OLD but shabby. The floor although clean, felt as though it was rotting through to the ground under our first floor room. The bathroom light which worked when we first checked in, went out and would not work even though the bulb was immediately changed. The appliances were not bad, they were clean and worked well, as did the air conditioning. The sheets and bedding although were clean, were worn and had unappealing stains in spots. And yes, as mentioned in other reviews, there were bugs in the shower and on the floor. No bare footing it. It would have been nice if there had been a working ice machine. The only one we saw was padlocked but looked as though it hadn't been turned on in years. The noise and the partying which was around the clock is not an issue, after all this is the Seaside Heights at the Jersey Shore and partying is what it's all about. If you're looking for a modern, well maintained facility, this is NOT the place for you. If you are just looking for a place to sleep after a long day of beach, ocean, boardwalk and partying....then it's perfect.

Room Tip: We were ground floor right beside the pool with a lot of small children and partying noises. The s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
PHILADELPHIA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have stayed at many different types of hotels/motels over the years with some costing barely anything, and others costing alot. The Surfside Motel has to be the worst place I have ever stayed. Its location was the only positive thing I can write about since it is right by the boardwalk. There are soooo many reasons why not to stay at this place. They offer free WIFI but it did not work on either my friend's phone nor mine. The dead bolt was not even there anymore. The door itself barely closed. The ceiling tiles looked like they were going to fall off. There was a roach in the tub. The bathroom floor tiles were broken up and we had to be careful how we stepped in there. I had to take a cold shower since there was no hot water at 10am. The refrigerator barely closed. There was no remote control for the TV. When we checked out they did not even ask how our stay was like most other good places. Needless to say, we will never go back again. I hope I have provided enough reasons as to why you should not waste your money on this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank WillR402

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Easton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I brought our daughter here for vacation. Well this is NOT a family friendly motel. While the front desk was "ok" for checking in and any questions we had they were not very observant on the activity going on outside of other guests rooms. First night we were there I was woken up every hour until 5am with a party that was going on beneath us. Second night, a group of people who had a room right by the staircase, sat on the steps for hours. Whenever we would need to go up or down they would sit there until we asked them to move. The language they were using was very ignorant to those around them. My daughter didn't need to hear every curse and derogatory word in the english language. They had two beer bottles fall off the balcony and bust all over the ground. When one bottle broke there happen to be two police officers walking by. All they did was told them to clean it up and left. I will NEVER be back here. Location is the only thing they have going for them. Will definitely be going to a more family friendly motel on our next stay to Seaside Heights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank S G
Paramus, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I booked this hotel through a travel website, reviews I read were good, well if you are staying on the 3rd floor of this hotel, you may want to rethink your choice. My door and windows would not close and lock correctly, there were major black stains on the rug, tv did not work, shower was disgusting I would not even have taken a shower with shoes on, stained toilet. My son pulled back the blankets and there were little bugs on the bed and stains on the sheets. The window edge was covered in dead bugs. I went down to the office and with out even asking for my money back they gave it to me. Another guest said her room on the lower floor was great and clean, I guess the lower floors were redone after the storm but the top floor they left as is, now I know why those rooms are offered at a discount. The front desk did not even offer me a better room so I was stuck down the shore with 2 little kids and no place to stay. I would really suggest no one staying there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank caroline o
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

stayed march 9 2013 nice stay in the heart of the action in seaside .Room was comfortable and clean. great location across street from beach & boardwalk close to all restaurant night clubs and arcades

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank john l
Denver, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Very generous but I have nostalgic attachments to this place. There are many shady people here, I was staying below a couple who loudly fought and blared James Taylor all hours of the night. LoL. The place was outdated, tiny and kinda scary.
Buuut the location is amazing. I have no idea if this is still standing after Sandy and will be sad honestly if it isn't.. though it is scary it has a fond place in my memories and heart.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Candy C
travelling
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Be careful with this motel. While in Google and priceline you will find some excellent reviews, most reviews from tripadvisor are terrible (and I can confirm those terrible ones). While Google reviews favor new rooms and service I only experienced demotivated staff and a totally worn out and broken down room. Door to bathroom didn't close. Window could not be fixed in an opened position. Linen was not ironed and splotchy. Either there are two motels with a similar name, or one side of the hotel is currently renovated or somebody is massively cheating the reviews.
So don't book, before you've seen it!

Room Tip: Don't book before you've seen it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple