“disgusting”
Review of Surfside Motel

Surfside Motel
Ranked #33 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed September 3, 2012

plane nasty, this place is so horrible words cant describe.
for starters the lady in the front desk was drunk and had no idea what she was doing.
i reserved online and when we arrived she had no idea of our reservation. then she called the maid that barely spoke any english and appeared to be stoned .it took them half an hour to find our reservation and after fighting with some one on the phone she gave us a room. she told us that the room is not cleaned yet but check out is at 10 am and it was 5 pm. she told us that we can go leave our bags in the room and go to the board walk until the room was ready. when we went upstairs we had a nice surprise . the maid was putting the sheets on matrices that we pee and god knows what stained . the room smelled like cat urine and alcohol ,the bathroom was groose just terrible.we went back downstairs and demanded a refund wich they gave us immediately. bottom line i would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bedrie

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Didn't even stay here for five minutes, didn't put my things down. This disgusting place should be shut down immediately. Stove was broken, walls we're stained, sheets were stained. The room smelled like mold. The woman at the desk had a bad attitude. There were also dead bugs on the walls as well. I did not stay here got my money back

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Miszbrit2790
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place is ridiculously overpriced. When they told me it was &207.00 a night for two double beds, I paid up thinking, at least it would be comfortable. Wrong! The place is clean, but that's all it had going for it. The beds felt like the first firm mattresses ever made! They were terrible! My 6 year old woke up complaining of a sore back!

We LOVED this area, but next year will do better research before picking a hotel. Because I know there has got to be better places to stay.

I won't say don't stay here. But do a little search prior to staying here. In my opinion, It's one of those places you stay if everything else is booked.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jewel M
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Most hotels in seaside are dumps but this place was by far the worst place I have ever been too. First, our plans had changed so I called on the way down to ask for a room with two beds and was told that was no problem. When we arrived the woman at the desk said that no change had been made and she had no rooms left (this was a lie.. We saw numerous empty rooms). When we asked if we could smoke in the room we got a reply of "umm no you shouldnt ahh i dont care what you do" We got to our room and tested the locks to find that our dead bolt stuck and then by accident learned that our window didn't lock at all. I was later standing outside the room when someone who identified himself as an employee of the hotel hit on me and then called me vulgar names when I blew him off.

The room was gross even by Seaside standards. There was garbage left from past people and rust stains in the sink. The air conditioner was missing the front piece. The ceiling was buckling as well.

The plus side is that it is close to the boardwalk and nightlife. They also opened the hotel pool late at night to allow people to swim.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Megan G
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed one night. The room had a really bad smell as you walked in. It smelled of mold/old.
The bed sheets were dirty and by the time I noticed the main office had already closed ( it was late evening). The shower linen could use replacement, badly.
They charged $110 which is average for a hotel next to the beach, but it was not worth it.
If I go back to Seaside Heights I would not stay in that hotel.
On a positive note, the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angel V
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This place is beyond ‘terrible.’ If trip advisor had an option for sub-human, I'd have chosen that. Every inch of it is DIRTY. The staff is UNFRIENDLY at best, but to be honest the one lady who works at the front desk is downright nasty. They have poor exchange students who do not speak a word of English working as "housekeepers." Meanwhile, the room looked like it has NEVER been cleaned. Ever. To say I was appalled is an understatement. I went down to Seaside for a friend's bachelorette party, and after I saw what this room looked like I called every other motel in Seaside to check for vacancies. No such luck. I had no choice but to suck it up and stay here. I immediately went up to the boardwalk and bought $50 worth of beach blankets and beach towels to cover the bed with so that no part of me or my clothes would have to touch the gross comforter. I did not even consider peeling back the comforter to reveal what was crawling underneath it. One friend was more daring and looked under the comforter, and to nobody’s surprise the sheets were stained. Likewise, the mattress was badly stained. I literally slept with shoes on and a hooded sweatshirt over my head. I even put a towel on a chair before I put my bags down on them. This chair later broke. The other furniture in our “suite” was similarly worn down. The couch was black with dirt. The furniture was scratched and falling apart. There was a horribly disgusting beat down stove in the corner of the room. The bathroom floor was so dirty that we put towels down on it, and they were BLACK from the dirt by the time we left. On top of all of this, parking was a total nightmare. They had so many cars wedged into the parking lot it was impossible for some people to get out. When we returned from dinner, there was not a single place for us to park despite the fact that we were guaranteed parking. We ended up having to pay $20 to put the car in the lot, and the motel refused to reimburse us. Thank god the parking attendant was sympathetic. He originally wanted to charge us $40, but when we told him the situation and where we were staying he knocked off $20 and said "that place is a DUMP."

Honestly, whatever you are thinking about this place after reading my review or any of the ones below mine... know that it is WORSE. Words cannot justify the disgustingness of this motel. The only reason you'd want to stay there is if you were a serial killer in need of a new lair. Do yourself, and your general health, a favor and DO NOT STAY HERE. It should be SHUT DOWN.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Meegan H
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When checking in another couple was requesting a refund..It was given..We looked at the rundown beat up room and our two girls went to the car and the floor above us they were drinking and yelling gestures to the girls..The people checked in next to us the shower did not work...We got a refund and went 2 doors down to a place almost as bad but partying all night long...This town is for partiers...pot pipes all over the place for sale...hookas

Room Tip: Stay out of town and just drive in for the day..