“RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Sunset Motel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“RUN AS FAR AS YOU CAN!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

let me start by the service is horrible and none existant me and a few friends stayed here and from the moment we got there the management was continuosly harrassin us at one point they knocked to say there was a noise complaint as i was gettin ready to leave for the night mind you i was alone in the room makin no noise then if thats not bad enough the rooms were disguisting we found a used bra and used condoms in the rooms stains in the sheets carpet and bathroom was gross they even had the gusto to say the sheets were brand new when i asked them from where he bought these "new" sheets he kicked me outta the office well to conclude this ......DONT STAY HERE ITS GROSS AND THE SERVICE IT HORRIBLE SPEND THE EXTRA 15 BUX STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE AND ACTUALLY ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND

2 Thank cpskater

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wharton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

staying at this motel had to be the worst experience at seaside heights i have ever had. to begin when i first arrived they demanded that every person staying in each room is required to wear wrist bands. they did not make it clear that absolutely everyone without a wrist band is not allowed on the property. i had two friends that were staying in a different hotel stop by and the crazy owner went upstairs and knocked on the door and demanded them to leave because they did not have wrist bands. i discovered at night that they even went as far as having a rent a cop sit outside and check everyones bands. my other friend went to get a room there and they made her pay twice as much than we did for a two bedroom hotel room and said that they could not have more than two people stay in there when the occupancy clearly said six people were allowed. we were kicked out from the room when the owner saw that one of our friends stopped by for literally five minutes before we were going to go out and we were denied of any refunds. they even charged some other friends who were staying there twenty dollars extra a piece for each wrist band. this place was the most utterly revolting hotel i have ever entered in my entire life. the lady who stayed next to me told me she got bed bugs from staying there. the owners are awful humans beings who's entire plan is to rip all of there customers off. it is most likely that they were feeding their meth habbit with the money that they stole from me and my friend. i hope that no one has to ever go through this experience because i have never felt this unwelcomed at a motel in my life. IF YOU HAVE ANY BRAIN AT ALL DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gillybearsss

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

PITTSBURG
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

The place was unclean and smelly. Their was actually crap in the tolet and was blocked so I coudn't flush it. The man at the desk wearing some cowboy attire was beyond rude and said take it or leave it. We traveled for 8 hrs because I wanted to show my children the place I hung out as a kid. The final straw was a dead rodent under the bed. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL I GO NEAR THAT MOTEL OR SEASIDE HEIGHTS!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank STEELERS45
CLARKSVILLE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2010

We made our reservation but they were one of the few to take 6 people so we agreed to t he high price of stay. When we got there the price was higher and they told us there was a mistake. The room was filty and smelly. The refridge was missing the handle and stains were on carpet and the bed sheets. My son almost puked when we went into the bathroom. The next room was just as bad so we demanded our money back. Stayed in a hotel a few miles away and went to Wildwood Beach the next day. The price there was half the price and hotel on on the boardwalk. NEVER EVER GO TO THIS MOTEL AND WARN OTHERS - RUDE, INCONCIDERATE AND REFUSED TO REFUND DEPOSITE.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank ABCCOMP1
Toms River, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

This was the worst hotel in Seaside. I know you dont expect much staying in Seaside, but this crossed the line. The people who work there are meth addicts and are DISGUSTING. the maid DEMANDED tips from my room- which we did NOT leave because she gave us a problem when we asked her for towels, and she NEVER cleaned our room. After checking out, everyone in the hotel was overcharged $100. The owner of the hotel thought he could get away with it because everyone came from up north for Memorial Day Weekend. Luckily, I live close so I went to get my money back, and they wouldnt give it to me, so i had to go with my father and have him yell at them to give me my money back. Then it appeared that they did that to all the guests staying that weekend because there were other papers out and phone calls about it. My friend got bedlice from the beds. It smells disgusting. Everyone in the rooms got sick. It says there is a KITCHENETTE-----IT DOESNT EVEN WORK AND WE HAVE TO SIGN A PAPER TO NOT USE IT. SO WHATS THE POINT OF HAVING A KITCHENETTE. please stay away at all costs. Paying more at other hotels will definately be worth it.

ALSO- there was never enough parking in the parking lot! because there were more rooms than parking spots.
- the boss would have his sons girlfriend take up parking spots and they did not care about the guests having no parking

this is the worst place in seaside.

im 20 years old not an adult saying this. if your coming for prom weekend. memorial day weekend. ITS NOT EVEN WORTH IT FOR THAT.

this hotel is suitable for meth/crack addicts that dont mind catching bedlice, and probaly have no car so dont care about no parking

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

1. The people are disgusting and don't care about you're stay AT ALL.
2. The rates are HORRIBLE for any holiday
3. DO NOT TRUST THE WEB SITE. The info is false..they charge $20 for extra people and dont allow more than 4 in a room.
We had 6 people which is the max occupancy and were ready to pay the extra $30 (15 each) and they denied my guests...we were stuck outside, in the rain, until they called the owner and charged us each $20 at 2 AM..we were waiting for 3 hours.
4. THE ROOMS ARE GROSS - mold, dirt, and dead bugs are common. You will feel disgusting when you walk in there. The appliances dont work at all so don't get excited.
5. I felt like I was staying in a crack house.

Conclusion:
The rooms are disgusting. The rates are horrible. Nothing works. The people are unkind and have major issues. SAVE YOUR BEACH VACATION AND STAY AWAY FROM SUNSET!!

Suggestion: Bay Breeze motel is nice and the owners are kind.

• Liked — the lock on the door
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Long Island, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF TRASH.
Don't make the mistake i made by getting this confused with Sunrise Motel. It is a low life motel which was the most disgusting place i've stayed in MY LIFE. The only thing missing were roaches & rats. After leaving here i looked at the Sunrise Motel & was literally kicking myself in the butt & was agravated that i confused the 2. I was afraid to leave my laptop in the room for fear of it being ripped off. Trip Advisor should ban them from the list of places to stay. I will try to unload pics from my cellphone to post if I can of the filthy bathtub & dirty stove. the bathroom sink still had manufacturers sticker on it.

ps
great place to send your ex-spouse, hated in-laws or mortal enemies.

• Liked — Absolutley Nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy Room, no remote for TV, tiny towels, foul language at the front desk... need I say more?
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)