“Disgustin, Dirty & Never Again”
Review of Sunset Motel

Sunset Motel
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Long Island, NY
“Disgustin, Dirty & Never Again”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PIECE OF TRASH.
Don't make the mistake i made by getting this confused with Sunrise Motel. It is a low life motel which was the most disgusting place i've stayed in MY LIFE. The only thing missing were roaches & rats. After leaving here i looked at the Sunrise Motel & was literally kicking myself in the butt & was agravated that i confused the 2. I was afraid to leave my laptop in the room for fear of it being ripped off. Trip Advisor should ban them from the list of places to stay. I will try to unload pics from my cellphone to post if I can of the filthy bathtub & dirty stove. the bathroom sink still had manufacturers sticker on it.

ps
great place to send your ex-spouse, hated in-laws or mortal enemies.

• Liked — Absolutley Nothing
  • Disliked — Filthy Room, no remote for TV, tiny towels, foul language at the front desk... need I say more?
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NEW JERSEY
Reviewed April 30, 2008

i stayed there for a week. the people who ran the office were rude dirty and disgusting. the rooms were dirty and bug infected.
no housekeeping. motel filled with drug addicts.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

albany, ny
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Ever since my daughter was 6 months we have been going on "family" vasations... first we went to cape cod - and that had absolutly nothing to do- a very relaxing beach vaca. So then the next year we decided to go to Wildwood, NJ that was nice but there was such a far walk from the top of the sand to the water (and with sand toys a 1.5 year old and all our gear- it was not practical) So then the next year we decided to go to Seaside heights. I did a lot of research on different hotels because the last thing I needed was a discusting hotel for 1 week with a 2 year old) So I found the Sunset hotel- from the first contact on the phone they were very accomodating. When we arrived we were very early for the check in- we got to talking to the owner and he was so "real" and polite he got us right into our room. (pretty good considering it was peak season in the summer) The room was very clean and didn't smell! Everyday we were greeted by all the employees and management- asking us if we needed anything and if we did they were right there. (better service than the all-inclusive palace resorts in cancun!) So ever since we have went back to that hotel. It is right across from a night club- but we loved it because when my daughter went down to sleep at night we sat out on the balcony and people watched. I heard some peopel complain about the noise- when the door was shut we did not hear it.

One more quick point my sister went to seaside the same time as us but she found a hotel that was cheeper- she spent the majority of the time at our hotel.... her hotel room smelled like awful cleaner, air condiditon leaked and pool was dirty...So I guess you get what you pay for.... and to be honest it wasn't that much cheaper because we got breakfast coupons every morning and they did not.....

so if you have any questions about this place email me: sdmr41@yahoo.com

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank jguy1103
New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2007

My friends and I wanted to spend a weekend in Seaside for cheap. We got the room here for about 45 a night which is great, except we really got what we payed for. within a few minutes of being in the room we noticed a used condom right next to the nightstand yes i repeat a used condom just laying there. the toilet could barely flush and got clogged about 3 times. dead flies were scattered on top of the "stove" if thats what you want to call it. i highly recommend spending the few extra bucks and making sure your staying at a decent place.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank DDsyr
Bronx, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2007

The Sunset Motel in Seaside Heights, NJ was amazing. I stayed here twice, once in summer of 2006, and recently at April 2007. Both times i stayed i got great rates, services, and the rooms were very clean and roomy. There are minor down sides to the motel, but hey it a motel in Seaside heights, what can one expect. Ive stayed at motels and hotel of all kinds and i think this is among my top. One should definetly consider staying at the motel.

• Liked — It was just steps from the boardwalk.
  • Disliked — There was no internet service.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends