“Great stay again”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Hartford
“Great stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

This time there were 24 of us & once again we all loved the stay. The rooms were once again clean & very comfortable. The staff is efficeint & very friendly and generally great people.

We did have fantastic weather & enjoyed the pool every day.

My kids enjoyed it so much that the have asked a few times when we will go back. Unfortunately for them it won't be until next summer.

1 Thank Dad02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I just returned from a weekend (8/19-21) at the Sunrise and had a great weekend. I have stayed at the Sunrise numerous times over the past 15 years and have always been satisfied. It's nice to have a family motel without the typical antics of a young drinking crowd. (confession: I was one of those young drinking crowd over 30 years ago when a decent family wouldn't dare venture into Seaside, so nice it's emerged into a great family resort area. As to the negative reviews I have read, grow up!! It's a beach vacation area, not a New York Park Avenue hotel. Some negative comments might be true but that it because it's right by the beach. You know, water, sand!! I have spoken to many folks who have stayed in other motels and have seen some of them. They are envious when they see the Sunrise. The owners and staff are wonderful and do all they can to insure your satisfaction. So if you are expecting a New York City four star hotel, this isn't for you, Seaside Heights isn't for you. Please stay home, the Sunrise is always full and difficult at times to make a reservation on short notice so you might make it easier to get a room on short notice!! And if you are 21-22 and want to pile 8 or 10 of your buddies into a room for a drinking/party weekend this isn't for you either and I am glad. If you want a nice family place, 2 blocks from the beach and let your hair down and enjoy, then this is the best place with great owners!!

1 Thank RDooley
Feasterville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

I originally started staying here due to the cleanliness and the value. The staff is wonderful, for the most part. General manager and housekeepers are wonderful... owner is terrific... nite manager sorely lacking. Went to see him about a problem with guests in adjoining rooms and he said there was nothing he could do... said I could call 911 if I was having a problem. In 3 years of staying here I've probably spent close to 5K and I can call the cops if I have a problem??? Are you kidding me??? Doesn't repeat business mean anything??? I am disgusted.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank Susan B
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

Luxury suite was spacious for 2 adults and 4 teenagers. Very clean. Staff was pleasant and helpful. No noisy neighbors. We had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: Different types of suites available. Read details on the website.
2 Thank jmm523
Warminster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

This was our 4th year at the Sunrise and we have always enjoyed each year. You can't beat the atomosphere here at the Sunrise. American owned and operated, which is a dying breed in Seaside. Very clean, very curtious, and very reasonable. I challenge anyone to find a nicer place to stay in Seaside. Trust me, my family has stayed other places and left in the middle of the night due to the filth or noise. Free beach badges, free pizza at the pool, and the ride & slide tickets are some other perks here. See you guys next summer, if not sooner!

Room Tip: stay during the week if possible
Troy, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

We recently stayed at the Sunrise Motel in Seaside Heights NJ for a family vacation....this is the 4th year we have stayed there and would not go anywhere else. The staff is always friendly and helpful (if you need something)....Jeff (the owner) and Paul (office manager) are always a pleasure to see, they make your stay there very relaxing just knowing that you can always go to them for anything. They offer a free breakfast every morning, free beach badges and free pizza at the pool on Wed, with all of that it definitely saves you some money when you have a family of four. We have never had a problem here and plan on spending all of our summer vacations with them.

Spring Lake, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

I like this hotel. I have stayed many times. I love the location. room is clean but very basic bathroom is sooo small but its seaside your not there for a resort atmosphere. I do like the sun decks a lot. The only thing I didn't like was that I know they are very big on it not being a "party" hotel but when we were there, there was like a "family"of like 25 people and they were sooo loud and took up the ENTIRE HOTEL, the entire pool, both bbq's and it was so obnoxious. Also, there is like some small rental next door that is practically attached to part of the hotel and the people there were sooo loud till about 6am- I mean I could climb out my window and touch them! But besides that, it is a pretty fun place! Also, there was a very nice lady who was always around cleaning up the decks and asking us how we were and she was nice, I would probably return with my family...

1 Thank Vchica