“Great trip, great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
New York
“Great trip, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been going down to the jersey shore pretty much all of my life. Many people expect the ritz when going down to the shore, but the reality is that most if not all of the hotels are dated. it is part of the seaside charm so to speak. I have stayed at plenty of motels down there over the years, but the one I only go to now is the sunburst. It is very close to the boardwalk, clean and very accommodating. The staff does all they can to make sure you are comfortable and helped if need be. They serve bagels, coffee and tea every morning, which is very nice. They had run out of bagels at 10am and instead of just saying we have no more, they went to the store to get more. I stayed in sunburst ii which had a full kitchen area. I have also stayed in the sunburst I and the 4 times I stayed there we had a mini fridge and microwave. They have an inground pool which is secluded. Most hotels in seaside have there pools right in front of the hotel making you feel like you are in the street swimming. The owner and his son Tyler are great to deal with, knowledgeable about the area and go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of. I will definately be back with my family next summer!

Room Tip: The sunburst ii has a large deck which is nice to hang out on.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sofia624

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Overall stay wasn't bad not much of a staff to have positive or negative statements, would stay again if returning to jersey shore I would say this place is more teenager friendly then anything they allow parties and underage drinking and no one does anything about it

• Stayed July 2013
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were walking around Seaside trying to find a hotel for two night and this place was superb with customer service, and had everything we needed. We waited outside before they opened - as soon as they did we asked about a room and we were signed up and given keys immediatly, this being around 9 am. We dealth with about 5 different workers on the property and all had extremely good customer service. They have coffee and bagels availible in the morning in the office and we were offered them as soon as we signed up for the room. The room was supposed to be non smoking but smelled of smoke and had ashtrays, so a minor mixup but we just opened the window for the day while we were out and it was fine when we returned. The rooms were clean and had a good amount of room in them. There was a bed, kitchenette with a two seater table and a bathroom. The room was very comfortable. The wall unit heated and cooled our room very efficiently and it was very quiet. We found that to be a big issue with seaside hotels, the ac units are so loud and old and do not do a good job. That is not the issue here. They are new and work perfect.
We had an issue with our tv... it died on us... we went down to speak to front desk and thier reply was "Can we come now?" Immediate attention. The problem was solved right away and with the same friendly customer service.
We have been visiting seaside for the past two years and plan to make it a yearly thing. I will always book with this motel from now on. It was an exceptional stay.
This hotel was a block from a 7-eleven too - great for last minute items for daily slurpees =)

PROS - great customer service - suites with a kitchenette - coffee and bagels for the morning - swimming pool - very close to beach and anything else you would want to do

CONS - No elevator that I saw - we had to do 2 flights of stairs to get to our room - no problem for us but could be for some people
parking was tight - there is parking in front of the motel and an overflow lot a teeny walk away - we had to park in the overflow for almost the whole stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shelaila
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel from August 1 to the 4th. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet except for little kids running back and forth on the walkway. Close to the beach and had parking. Only negative is they could offer a later checkout and offer 2 free beach badges to their customers like most of the other hotels offer, that would be a great incentive to entice customers to come. Lets face it with today's economy, people are looking for little extras with their stays, skip the bagels and put that money into the beach badges for next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Providence RI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We came to Seaside on a Friday night with no reservation. The Sunburst staff was very accommodating and even showed us the room before selling it to us. The only room left was an efficiency which was more than enough room for my boyfriend and I. The room was very clean and can be a rarity in Seaside Heights. The room was definitely dated. It was only a block away from the boardwalk so it was a good location. We only stayed one night (and arrived late) so we didn't get to take advantage of the pool. Every room received a parking spot (beware of the garage polls! they are very tight spots and I scraped the side of my car). Also check in is early (10:00 a.m.!) so that might be a deterrent for late sleepers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Piscataway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sunburst for the first time and I really enjoyed my stay. It was only one block from the beach and boardwalk . The staff and management were very helpful and so friendly. They met all of our needs.The room was very clean , beds were comfortable.Nice quiet location. A 7 eleven is just around the corner for anything you have to get. There was complimentary bagels and coffee and tea in the morning. The Sunburst hotel made our stay so enjoyable. I can't wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lee2500
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The pool was Awesome. The rooms were clean. The rooms & the WIFI need an update. The staff was nice. The place is reasonable. One block away from the board walk. Can't ask for anything more. We have a great time.

• Stayed July 2013