“Nice stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel from August 1 to the 4th. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet except for little kids running back and forth on the walkway. Close to the beach and had parking. Only negative is they could offer a later checkout and offer 2 free beach badges to their customers like most of the other hotels offer, that would be a great incentive to entice customers to come. Lets face it with today's economy, people are looking for little extras with their stays, skip the bagels and put that money into the beach badges for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We came to Seaside on a Friday night with no reservation. The Sunburst staff was very accommodating and even showed us the room before selling it to us. The only room left was an efficiency which was more than enough room for my boyfriend and I. The room was very clean and can be a rarity in Seaside Heights. The room was definitely dated. It was only a block away from the boardwalk so it was a good location. We only stayed one night (and arrived late) so we didn't get to take advantage of the pool. Every room received a parking spot (beware of the garage polls! they are very tight spots and I scraped the side of my car). Also check in is early (10:00 a.m.!) so that might be a deterrent for late sleepers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed at the Sunburst for the first time and I really enjoyed my stay. It was only one block from the beach and boardwalk . The staff and management were very helpful and so friendly. They met all of our needs.The room was very clean , beds were comfortable.Nice quiet location. A 7 eleven is just around the corner for anything you have to get. There was complimentary bagels and coffee and tea in the morning. The Sunburst hotel made our stay so enjoyable. I can't wait to go back next year!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank lee2500
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

The pool was Awesome. The rooms were clean. The rooms & the WIFI need an update. The staff was nice. The place is reasonable. One block away from the board walk. Can't ask for anything more. We have a great time.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank LadyL3576
Reviewed July 5, 2013

my sister and I recently drove in from Ohio with our 5 kids, ages 4 to 6. The walk to the beach was perfect for them and the staff was more than helpful with extra blankets and towels. This will be the place we stay every time we return!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank scmaam1999
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I was one of the many who stayed at the Sunburst for my 25th reunion. It met all my needs.

My work has me travel alot so I am kinda picky maybe critical of hotels. In fact, I had never before stayed at a Motel in Seaside Heights

The Sunburst provides a high quality and consistent stay on the Jersey Shore. The motel is older so dont expect 42" flat screens on the all. But who watches TV at the shore. There is more comedy watching the boardwalk.

The rooms are pretty big. There is a wall unit AC/Heat that isnt too loud. The shower/tub is a one piece unit that does the job. The walls are paneled and that actually helps keep ambient noise out.

The location really works. It is located a couple blocks north of Casino Pier but only 2 blocks from the boardwalk. You can be on the beach quickly and can be away from most of the riff raff. The late night boardwalk restaurants that stay open are a 10+min walk away as one example.

The owners are local and you are supporting a nice family when you stay there.
Remember to bring shampoo and conditioner when you come. There a couple bars of soap there but if you are used to a Marriott or Aveda products, its best to bring your own.

There is a vending machine onsite but you may want to bring your own bottled water etc.
The towels are acceptable.

Great stay in Seaside Heights

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms on the 3rd floor. I like being higher up for a quieter room