“"Cleanliness and Location in one nice motel"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
“"Cleanliness and Location in one nice motel"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We just got back from a great vacation in Seaside Heights, NJ. We stayed at the Sunburst I Motel and we were very pleased overall with the motel. If you want new, updated and fancy this place is not for you. But if you are more interested in location and a very clean place you get it here. Everything you would want for a vacation at the beach is within walking distance. We parked our car on their lot and never moved it until we left. The suite we stayed in was very clean. You should bring your own hair dryer, shampoo, and tissues. Like I said no frills, but also no sand in the bathroom which is more important to me than a flat screen TV. The pool is small, but very clean also. We enjoyed free pizza at the pool on Thursday at 1:00 PM. Also there are bagels and coffee at 9:00 AM. The only thing that was not pleasant was that I thought I reserved a non-smoking unit, and we could tell that it was a smoking unit. (Ash trays and smoke oder). I could have asked to move, but it was not that unbearable, so we stayed and certainly enjoyed our vacation. There is a laundry where you can dry your beach towels. I would definately stay here again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandra D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Albany, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Family of 4 ,stayed In Sunburst 1 for 3 nights 7/30 - 8/1.

Pros: Very clean, Reasonable price, 1 1/4 blocks from beach/boardwalk, walking distance to most everything, friendly/helpful staff and owners, free wifi, outdoor shower, heated pool, in room safe

Cons: Outdated decor and tv, noisy ac unit, no place to hang towels etc after the beach

Our first stay at Sunburst. We are real picky about cleanliness and this place was good. Place was outdated, a flat screen tv would be nice. Ac unit was noisy unless you pushed on it. We were on the first floor so we couldn't hang towels or bathing suits on the balcony rails like people on the upper levels.Some kind of folding towel rack would be nice. Short walk to boardwalk and beach. Very friendly staff,(although we declined room service except for toilet paper,and trash)(We cleaned up ourselves)Decent price. Had to park in overflow lot a few times , but no big deal its only across the street. All in all a great vacation. Will stay here again and recomend to others.

2 Thank Rob L
Laval, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Sunburst II is build like a U with a sundeck in the middle. People were regrouping and playing cards late and it was very noisy. I suggest you ask to stay in the other building if you want to be quiet. Nicely situated, a block from the beach. Room is Ok, decoration not that good but it is clean. Service first day A1 the youngest guy wanted to help and provide information of the area. When I talked to the owner and another guy who seemed to be a relative, it seemed like they were nice until I complained about the noise at 1AM. Then they were not smilling anymore. The guy answered my questions briefly but I felt I was enoying him. I am a bit disapointed. Will try another place next year. The area is great enough I want to come back with familly and friends next year. Boardwalk and beach is really fun.

2 Thank suej-22
Kings Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I was nervous about booking a motel for 2 nights in Seaside Heights because unless you know someone who has stayed you don't know what to expect. I stayed here with my 2 children and niece. We stayed in a suite on the 3rd level in Sunburst 2.....the room was spotless......ac worked great.......the owner Butch was so helpful in giving us suggestions on restaurants and things to do....He had bagels and coffe/tea each morning....our car was parked in a garage. When we first arrived we had a heavy cooler that an employee just picked up and carried it up 3 flights for us, no questions asked. I am very picky with places I sleep in and this Motel was an excellent choice. I would highly recommend this motel.....and only steps to the Boardwalk, Water Park and Jersey Shore MTV house. Lol

Room Tip: We had a suite. It had a bedroom, kitchen and living room.....we loved it
4 Thank Karen9923
Stanhope, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

My whole family loves Sunburst Motel! The friendly accommodating staff is great. We normally stay in the efficiencies and have really enjoyed the shared deck with grill. Love that they have a pool and if course how close the are located to the beach and boardwalk!

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MechelleNj J
Covington, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I have to start off by saying this is the best motel in Seaside Heights! This is the 2nd year in a row we've stayed here. We stayed for a full week. The rooms are very clean, and they come in daily to clean them during your stay. There's a mini refrigerator and microwave in the rooms, which are also clean and work well. The beds are comfortable and the A/C works great. They offer free wi-fi, which works well, and each room has a wall safe. This is a family-oriented motel. It's at the quiet end of the boardwalk away from all the clubs and obnoxious behavior that goes on at the Jersey Shore. They have a small, clean swimming pool, and they offer free bagels and coffee each morning starting at 9:00 a.m. The owner and his son are very nice and will go out of their way to assist with whatever you may need. This motel is an easy block and a half walk from the boardwalk and beach, and offers free parking. This is an older motel, as are all the motels in Seaside Heights, so it's not fancy or upscale, but it's definitely clean and safe. We couldn't have been happier with our stay here!

Room Tip: Bring your own blow dryer and shampoo. They provide soap in the bathrooms, but that's it.
2 Thank nwpiegirl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I did a bunch of research fo motels in seaside and was very pleased with here. Motel is very clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. Owners are at the hotel every day.

• Stayed July 2012