“Great room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Great room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We have been staying at the Sunburst for a few years now and have never had any issues. As a matter of fact for only staying once or twice a year I find it refreshing to see that when I check in the actually remember me. This last trip I actually lost my bracelet and they called me on my way home to let me know housekeeping found it. They said they would put it in the mail to me that day. I dont know how many things I have left or lost in hotel rooms and NEVER once did someone call me to tell me they found it. The rooms are perfectly fine for us as we go to the shore to sleep and rest not sit in our room for 24 hrs. It is close to the beach and the size of the pool doesnt matter to us since we just go in to refresh. If we want to spend all day swimming we have the ocean. The staff was extremely nice and respectful and this is why my family and I will only ever stay at the sunburst!!

Room Tip: The Sunburst 2 has a GREAT deck to sit out on at night
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hd79

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

CLEAN AS CLEAN CAN GET!!! I have stayed here at the end of July for a week every year. Recently we havent been going because of the Jersey Shore Show. I have been going there scince i was like 2. Its so much fun, i love it every year! Pool is great, Clean, Warm, and free!! Staff is excellent!!! When i went there when i was 7 they game me a water bottle with my name written on it. They couldnt be more friendly. STAYYY HERE! TRUST ME! Aout a block from 711 and Boardwalk and waterpark. Cute little breakfast place right next door. GREAT PLACE STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Stay at Sunburst 2 Its nicer! There are bar b q grills table chairs exc.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Laxgirl223
sfnative01
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

I haven't stayed so can not review the actual motel, although based on all my research on Seaside Heights this is the only place I would want to stay. My review is on the superb customer service I received on the phone while trying to reserve a room. I spoke with the owner who was super helpful and honest with me. We were trying to book a room in June, right in the middle of prom season. She told me right away that my 30 something year old group would probably not be happy booking a room on that night. Instead of lying to me and making money on me, she spent time on the phone recommending other towns along the shore. Not knowing the area, I found that extremely helpful. I can tell that the owners take pride in their business and want to make sure each of their guests truly enjoy their stay. I really appreciated her advice. Hope I make it back to NJ soon so I can book at the Sunburst.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank sfnative01
Maplewood, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The room was lovely but there was a very strong citrus smell I was lucky i was only staying for a day if I stayed a nother day I would have feinted.The service was very good.

Room Tip: It was very nice but there was a very strong citrus smell
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank bearsbunch
Southampton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is one of the better motels in Seaside Heights. We had rented an efficiency unit; we found our room to be somewhat smaller than the efficiency units at the Aztec Motel. However, it is much cleaner and better maintained than the Aztec Motel and many of the other properties to be found in Seaside Heights. It is also more secure, as the office is well enclosed (not as easy to just breezily walk in off the boardwalk and out onto the street), and locked when no staff is on duty. As we stayed during somewhat of an off-season, a lot of the restaurants were closed during the week. However, a 7-11 is right across the street if you just want to get a cup of coffee or a carton of milk. Our unit was equipped with a small, dorm-room sized fridge, a stove (for those who don't mind cooking while away from home) and a microwave. The AC/heating unit does have a thermostat, so the unit is not just blowing hot or cold air until your room turns into a sauna or a meat locker, as one may have experienced in other motels. The staff is very helpful, and willing to go out of their way to assist you should your arrival time at the hotel occur when the office is closed. Coffee and bagels are available in the office at 9 a.m. This is a nice added touch, which you will not find in many of the other properties in this town. It is the type of place where -- weather permitting -- one can pull a table out onto the porch and play cards with one's roomates or neighbors; it is that friendly an atmosphere.

Room Tip: Efficiency units may be larger than non-efficiency units.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
4 Thank justmy2cents4u
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not having been to the area in years, I read reviews on TripAdvisor and decided on the Sunburst motel. Upon arrival, there was a mix of families and singles. We had a double bed room on the top floor. It was very clean, quiet and plenty of room. After walking the strip and seeing some of the surrounding motels I KNOW we picked a good one. There was also free coffee and bagels every morning. I would go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank DD30
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Rooms are dated but clean. Front staff was nice, helpful. Pool is clean. In walking distance to beach. Coffee and bagels served, but not until 9am.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family