“the sunburst” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sunburst Motels I & II

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sunburst Motels I & II
You added Sunburst Motels I & II to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Maplewood, New Jersey
“the sunburst”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

The room was lovely but there was a very strong citrus smell I was lucky i was only staying for a day if I stayed a nother day I would have feinted.The service was very good.

Room Tip: It was very nice but there was a very strong citrus smell
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
1 Thank bearsbunch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Southampton, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

This is one of the better motels in Seaside Heights. We had rented an efficiency unit; we found our room to be somewhat smaller than the efficiency units at the Aztec Motel. However, it is much cleaner and better maintained than the Aztec Motel and many of the other properties to be found in Seaside Heights. It is also more secure, as the office is well enclosed (not as easy to just breezily walk in off the boardwalk and out onto the street), and locked when no staff is on duty. As we stayed during somewhat of an off-season, a lot of the restaurants were closed during the week. However, a 7-11 is right across the street if you just want to get a cup of coffee or a carton of milk. Our unit was equipped with a small, dorm-room sized fridge, a stove (for those who don't mind cooking while away from home) and a microwave. The AC/heating unit does have a thermostat, so the unit is not just blowing hot or cold air until your room turns into a sauna or a meat locker, as one may have experienced in other motels. The staff is very helpful, and willing to go out of their way to assist you should your arrival time at the hotel occur when the office is closed. Coffee and bagels are available in the office at 9 a.m. This is a nice added touch, which you will not find in many of the other properties in this town. It is the type of place where -- weather permitting -- one can pull a table out onto the porch and play cards with one's roomates or neighbors; it is that friendly an atmosphere.

Room Tip: Efficiency units may be larger than non-efficiency units.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
      Location
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
4 Thank justmy2cents4u
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Not having been to the area in years, I read reviews on TripAdvisor and decided on the Sunburst motel. Upon arrival, there was a mix of families and singles. We had a double bed room on the top floor. It was very clean, quiet and plenty of room. After walking the strip and seeing some of the surrounding motels I KNOW we picked a good one. There was also free coffee and bagels every morning. I would go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank DD30
Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

Rooms are dated but clean. Front staff was nice, helpful. Pool is clean. In walking distance to beach. Coffee and bagels served, but not until 9am.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank misbg2
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I just returned from an annual family get together at the Sunburst. We had 5 rooms in Sunburst II and one in Sunburst I. Once again, the motel was wonderful. Thank you Butch, Joanne, and Tyler for your hospitality and for maintaining the cleanest motel in Seaside Heights.

2 Thank Beasley931
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My family usually rents a house every year, but this year due to time restrictions we were unable to. A bunch of my family instead booked a few rooms down the block near all the clubs. My brother and I wanted to do my own thing so I did my research for a clean and reliable motel in the area and came across reviews for the sunburst. I have to say most of the positive reviews are true. This place is CLEAN.. and that is probably the most important thing to me. As soon as you walk in you'll smell how clean it is with it's citrus smell. The rooms are a little dated, older furniture and electronics... but you do get a microwave and fridge in the double room. Not sure how the efficiencies are. The walls are wood paneled so you kind of get an old motel feel, but it's a clean old motel feel and it's actually pretty spacious. You have access to an older TV, but you get a cable box with optimum services... and you get free, secured WIFI which is great. The bathroom had decent water pressure and was very very clean. They came into give us new towels and clean up the room when we put our little sign out indicating that we needed maid service. Parking hasn't been an issue thus far, but they have two lots, and a spot for every room so you shouldn't have an issue. We were able to walk to everything, the boardwalk, beach, and some cool restaurants. The pool is small but saw a BBQ down there. It's raining at the moment so not sure if we'll make it down there this time around. Overall, for not renting a house, and for a first motel experience here, I was very impressed. You get what you pay for here. My families motel smelled like mold and mildew and was so noisey because of the clubs. I'm in my mid twenties and like to have a good time, but was definitely not looking for a party motel. They only give rooms to people of age and primarily to families. I needed a clean place to sleep, and I got it. Not to mention, the lady at the front desk was extremely helpful and willing to give us directions and recommendations wherever we needed. Granted, we are checking out tomorrow, as of now I see no reason to tell anyone not to check this place out. Will update if necessary, but I give it a very high rating and definitely recommend. I'll probably be back next year if we don't get a house again and I'm glad to know of somewhere reliable and clean to stay down here.

1 Thank Tom R
Mt. Vernon, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed over July 4th weekend and was very disappointed - There was an overwhelming POT smell throughout the entire room, that it gave us excrutiating headaches. It took the motel staff 2 days and 6 people to work on the room to try to remove/reduce the overwhelming smell.
Whereas, I completely understand that it was not the establishments doing but they should have taken care of this problem prior to us checking in not waiting until the next day after I kept asking for them to address this problem. When I asked for an adjustment to my bill and suggested that the previous patron be charged, they were annoyed that I asked and handed me $40.00. I did not think $40.00 was fair - I felt we should have been credited for 1 night stay. It is extremely unfortunate because I have stayed in this motel with my family for over 20 years and have recommended to many people. Overall, the place should have done the right thing my us and handled this issue prior to us checking in and if they were not able to they should have credited us a minimum of 1 night stay verses being annoyed and handing me $40.00 which I turned around and left for the staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family