“Never mind the haters”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Colony Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Toronto, Canada
“Never mind the haters”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I feel for your great motel with hurricane Sany and all
Sunny, you and your husband and staff made our experience last year very intertaining
And very injoyably ... I had to leave early last year because of the hurrican Irene in 2011 but , i will be back ... I have been to many motels/hotels and all ... if any families are looking for a great place to call home away from home .. Please visit this place ... We are a family that looks for fun and local activities in the area and found that this place made me feel like I was in the right place... Keep up the great work and don' t let the people that are high class discourage u from continuing you business
Pacheco family from Toronto

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Endicott, New York
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our family stayed at the colony early in August.... we were looking forward to coming back next year! I hope everyone is safe after the hurricane and that the colony did not get too damaged! Thinking of you both- Sunny and Ron! The Lessler Family
!

3 Thank KatLes13760
Whitestone, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2012

As first time vistors to Seaside Heights we were greatly disturbed at the ghetto appearance of this part of the jersey shore. We had reservations at the Aztec and that lasted all about 45 mins before our suitcases were back in the car and started our search for another hotel for the labor day weekend. After looking at over ten motels we were ready to head back home or sleep in the car. Filth and destruction was present at each and every one. One last call was given to Colony Motel and Sonny got on the phone to discuss our potential stay at her place. She promised us that although her hotel was not new ( actually none of them where new, more like 70's style at most) we would get a clean room and a spotless bed with clean, bleached sheets. She invited us to see her place before booking out of desperation. Sure enough the place was adorable! The room was spotless, the beds were clean, the sheets were crisp and we were happy. This place is the best one to stay at if you decide to visit seaside heights. The owners are so nice and they are there to make your stay as comfy as possible.The morning coffee and beach passes were a plus! thank you so much Sonny! you saved us!!! wallys, marielena and alexander hawkins

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank nonstop13
New York
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family stayed here last week for 1 night.....then we went to another hotel. The positives were Sunny. She really did try to make you feel welcome and comfortable. There is coffee, tea, and muffins in the morning. The beach is 1 block away and everything is in walking distance, but the room was skeevy. The room had an odor of spilled liquor that was smelled the second you opened the door. There were holes in the walls behind the bed. It looked like pictures were taken down and moved to a different spot without filling the other holes. The bathroom was old, dingy, and rusty. The sink was rusted. The toilet had a piece of wood on top instead of a tank cover. I checked the beds for bedbugs because I was grossed out by the room, but the beds were surprisingly clean. The staff leave the doors open after guests leave to air out the room, but I had to kill Mosquitos and flys because of it. I would not recommend this hotel. Hopefully Sunny can update this place and clean it up in the future because she really does try to accommodate her guests.

9 Thank Sofia624
Middletown, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After spending almost 3 weeks reading reviews about not just this hotel but others in the Seaside/Point Pleasent area, I feel obligated to write a review about this Motel!
We stayed at this Motel from 8/17-8/19 , we were 2 adults and 3 Children (ages 2, 8 and 11). I cannot say enough about how CLEAN this place is! Its not the Ritz by any means but Sunny (the owner) is out there 24/7 to make it as clean as she possibly can!! We stayed in unit#20 which is above the Garage where they keep all of their linens, plastic cups, toiletpaper etc. It had 2 full size beds and a sofa pull out bed. I of course packed my own sheets but was suprised when I lifted up theirs to see that the mattress's looked new...not a mark on them! The sheets were so clean and so white that you could tell that they are washed constantly! The bedspreads were so pretty and so bright (White with pastle flowers) and definatly were clean from top to bottom! Pillows were ok,,not the fluffiest things in the world but nothing will ever compare to what you put on your bed at home so we just asked for some extra and they arrived within minutes! The furniture is a little dated (we didnt use it as we only stayed for 2 days and just lived out of our suitcases) but I did pull the drawers out and they were well kept. It was very hot and humid but the AC unit in the room kept is ice cold! I will admit...when we first got there and got up to the room it was off and when I turned it on...I thought no way is this going to cool this room off but we actually had to shut it off it got so cold! Bathroom is a decent size for what you use it for, worked out great for us because it had a full size tub and I was able to bathe him instead of quickly showering him down. The tub was very clean but just being who I am, I did bring Lysol and a green scrub sponge just to give it a once over =)
The Pool was IMMACULATE! Nothing floating in it and no sand at the bottom! They have a outdoor shower head and hose so that you can rinse your feet and body (and beach chairs if you have them) before you go into the pool, office and up to your room. I think thats a great idea bc there have been alot of places I have stayed that they just can never seem to get the sand out of the carpets from the amount people seem to bring back with them =)
The Motel itself is in a great location. Its 1 block from the beach and at the very end of the boardwalk right before the private beaches, yet your only 3 or 4 blocks from the main strip where the clubs etc are. We NEVER heard any loud music, no rifraff from the routy crowds that do happen often there and was RIGHT next to a CVS which was very convienient.
They have a brand new BBQ that we didnt use but since our room was right above where it was, I was able to hear that Sunny offered anything you might need if you choose to use it (plates, forks, knives etc).
We will DEFINATLY be going back next year and will stay for a week. This is the perfect place for families or for those looking to enjoy a nice quiet relazing time at the shore! Sunny and Ron take great pride in their business and it shows from the second you pull up!

6 Thank TiffanyH10940
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2012

my husband and myself and my two boys stayed here in august of this year for three nights. we had a great stay, the room was very clean and sonny and her husband were very nice and went out of there way to make us feel right at home. we asked for extra pillows and she gladly gave them to us. there was coffee made evey morning. and the pool was always kept very clean. we will be going back to the same place next year. this is the first time i ever stayed over night at the shore but i dont see why i would go any where else to stay. this is the place we will be going to year after year. thank you sonny and ron for such a great stay. my family loved it.

2 Thank kahutkad
Cedar Grove NJ
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I'm a single mom who wanted to take my daughter away for a few days. I had my niece and a friend's son with me. I didn't want to pay a little over 200 anight at the Starlite, so I took a chance on the Colony after reading the reviews here. My main concern was cleanliness. I saw some disgusting pics on this site of other seaside heights motels, so I was a little apprehensive. First off, I loved the bedspreads - they were so bright and cheerful looking, and the place was soooo clean. It's not huge so the owners give it a lot of personal attention like it's their home. The price was almost $75 cheaper then the Starlite, so I had extra money to spend on the kids. It's very quiet at night - no riff raff going on. I wanted to stay an extra night but they had no vacancies, which I can understand. There are beautiful flowers all around. Although it's not brand new, all the personal touches made it seem so nice. I am so glad I found this place and would definitely go back. P.S. After returning from the beach, the owner got the hose to rinse all our feet off so we wouldn't be dragging sand all around. It was like it was her home, so I knew they cared about keeping it clean. I am not one to write reviews, but I really was pleasantly surprised with this place, and would definitely go back. The owners deserve all the good reviews they get on here.

4 Thank MarydeeCG