“Skeevy...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Seaside Colony Motel
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
New York
“Skeevy...”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My family stayed here last week for 1 night.....then we went to another hotel. The positives were Sunny. She really did try to make you feel welcome and comfortable. There is coffee, tea, and muffins in the morning. The beach is 1 block away and everything is in walking distance, but the room was skeevy. The room had an odor of spilled liquor that was smelled the second you opened the door. There were holes in the walls behind the bed. It looked like pictures were taken down and moved to a different spot without filling the other holes. The bathroom was old, dingy, and rusty. The sink was rusted. The toilet had a piece of wood on top instead of a tank cover. I checked the beds for bedbugs because I was grossed out by the room, but the beds were surprisingly clean. The staff leave the doors open after guests leave to air out the room, but I had to kill Mosquitos and flys because of it. I would not recommend this hotel. Hopefully Sunny can update this place and clean it up in the future because she really does try to accommodate her guests.

8 Thank Sofia624

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Middletown, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After spending almost 3 weeks reading reviews about not just this hotel but others in the Seaside/Point Pleasent area, I feel obligated to write a review about this Motel!
We stayed at this Motel from 8/17-8/19 , we were 2 adults and 3 Children (ages 2, 8 and 11). I cannot say enough about how CLEAN this place is! Its not the Ritz by any means but Sunny (the owner) is out there 24/7 to make it as clean as she possibly can!! We stayed in unit#20 which is above the Garage where they keep all of their linens, plastic cups, toiletpaper etc. It had 2 full size beds and a sofa pull out bed. I of course packed my own sheets but was suprised when I lifted up theirs to see that the mattress's looked new...not a mark on them! The sheets were so clean and so white that you could tell that they are washed constantly! The bedspreads were so pretty and so bright (White with pastle flowers) and definatly were clean from top to bottom! Pillows were ok,,not the fluffiest things in the world but nothing will ever compare to what you put on your bed at home so we just asked for some extra and they arrived within minutes! The furniture is a little dated (we didnt use it as we only stayed for 2 days and just lived out of our suitcases) but I did pull the drawers out and they were well kept. It was very hot and humid but the AC unit in the room kept is ice cold! I will admit...when we first got there and got up to the room it was off and when I turned it on...I thought no way is this going to cool this room off but we actually had to shut it off it got so cold! Bathroom is a decent size for what you use it for, worked out great for us because it had a full size tub and I was able to bathe him instead of quickly showering him down. The tub was very clean but just being who I am, I did bring Lysol and a green scrub sponge just to give it a once over =)
The Pool was IMMACULATE! Nothing floating in it and no sand at the bottom! They have a outdoor shower head and hose so that you can rinse your feet and body (and beach chairs if you have them) before you go into the pool, office and up to your room. I think thats a great idea bc there have been alot of places I have stayed that they just can never seem to get the sand out of the carpets from the amount people seem to bring back with them =)
The Motel itself is in a great location. Its 1 block from the beach and at the very end of the boardwalk right before the private beaches, yet your only 3 or 4 blocks from the main strip where the clubs etc are. We NEVER heard any loud music, no rifraff from the routy crowds that do happen often there and was RIGHT next to a CVS which was very convienient.
They have a brand new BBQ that we didnt use but since our room was right above where it was, I was able to hear that Sunny offered anything you might need if you choose to use it (plates, forks, knives etc).
We will DEFINATLY be going back next year and will stay for a week. This is the perfect place for families or for those looking to enjoy a nice quiet relazing time at the shore! Sunny and Ron take great pride in their business and it shows from the second you pull up!

6 Thank TiffanyH10940
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Reviewed August 13, 2012

my husband and myself and my two boys stayed here in august of this year for three nights. we had a great stay, the room was very clean and sonny and her husband were very nice and went out of there way to make us feel right at home. we asked for extra pillows and she gladly gave them to us. there was coffee made evey morning. and the pool was always kept very clean. we will be going back to the same place next year. this is the first time i ever stayed over night at the shore but i dont see why i would go any where else to stay. this is the place we will be going to year after year. thank you sonny and ron for such a great stay. my family loved it.

2 Thank kahutkad
Cedar Grove NJ
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I'm a single mom who wanted to take my daughter away for a few days. I had my niece and a friend's son with me. I didn't want to pay a little over 200 anight at the Starlite, so I took a chance on the Colony after reading the reviews here. My main concern was cleanliness. I saw some disgusting pics on this site of other seaside heights motels, so I was a little apprehensive. First off, I loved the bedspreads - they were so bright and cheerful looking, and the place was soooo clean. It's not huge so the owners give it a lot of personal attention like it's their home. The price was almost $75 cheaper then the Starlite, so I had extra money to spend on the kids. It's very quiet at night - no riff raff going on. I wanted to stay an extra night but they had no vacancies, which I can understand. There are beautiful flowers all around. Although it's not brand new, all the personal touches made it seem so nice. I am so glad I found this place and would definitely go back. P.S. After returning from the beach, the owner got the hose to rinse all our feet off so we wouldn't be dragging sand all around. It was like it was her home, so I knew they cared about keeping it clean. I am not one to write reviews, but I really was pleasantly surprised with this place, and would definitely go back. The owners deserve all the good reviews they get on here.

4 Thank MarydeeCG
NJ
Reviewed August 7, 2012

This place is great for what it is! It's not a 5 star hotel but it doesn't pretend to be one either- the room was a little outdated but clean and very functional. A/C was great and it was HOT out. The staff was helpful and polite, they actually seemed to care. Parking was a little tight but hey it is Seaside. All in all, you can't beat the room or the service for the price!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LoveNJShore
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I went for a last minute trip to seaside, booked a room at 9 at night and arrived at 230am and sonny was there to check us in. The next year we decided to go back and sonny was still the best host. Very sweet and helpful. Our room was always kept real clean and tidy. Sonny lending the passes to guests is extremely generous and like the other person said after we checked out she lent us passes and allowed us to stay parked there until we left. I plan to stay here every year. We are heading down in about 2 weeks.
It's not very often that a motel gets almost all great reviews!! So erb338, your a fool :)

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank rdh10
new jersey
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My family just stayed here and we loved it. Sunny is always available if you need anything. She makes coffee every morning for all the guests. The maid service is excellent, you always have a clean room. I stayed at other hotels in Seaside and this is one of the best. We will return next year. Thanks again Sunny!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family