“Perfect for young adults!”
Review of Sea Palace Inn

Sea Palace Inn
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I went here over Memorial Day weekend with about 150 of my peers from high school for our prom weekend beach trip. it was honestly the perfect place to go. they kept us safe and secure but still let us have fun and were not too strict by any means. everyone who worked there was very understanding of the circumstances that arrive out of prom weekend and were very easy going. it is obviously not the best location for maybe a fancy family trip but for a bunch of friends just looking to have fun it was honestly perfect. i could not have asked for better management, they were extremely nice and really respected our space. perfect perfect perfect for prom weekend/large group trips

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 26, 2010

This is my story
on 3/20/10 we I arrived at the Sea Palace Inn at around 3:00 PM. 3 of my friends and I had booked the hotel because it is the St. Patricks Day parade and we knew we would be drinking. We all live about an hour from there. We lave the hotel at 7pm and arrive back at 2:30 AM and all fall asleep. At 4:00 AM we aer awoken by a police officers who is kicking us out for making to much noise. At this point we were all asleep for about 1 1/2 hours, only noise we were making was snoring. We had been drinking for hours and now had to drive home at 4 AM tired and still smelling like liquor. I was told the next day that we were kicked out because someone <we were not with> was standing outside our room talking. I am disputing 2 fees. What i initially paid on 3/15/10 for the room <92.96> . When I call him and dispute this charge first he tells me, "you are being charged for them having to refund someone below me who was complaining about the noise" Once again it is no one in my room that caused any type of disturbance we were all asleep and I tell him this, the manager proceeds to tell me that at the time of being kicked out we were all up partying, Which Officer Fishman can clearly contest that bold faced lie as he was the one forced to wake us up. May I add the Office was apologizing to us for having to kick us out. Next the manager tries to tell me it was for a mirror repair that costs 150$ to fix, No One broke a mirror. I say to him if I broke a mirror and it costs 150$ to fix why was I charged 175$. He proceeds to tell me because of tax. 25.00% I have disputed these fees with my bank and will take them to court if need be. Although these actions should not go unpunished.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
seapalace, Manager at Sea Palace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2010

First of all we would like to apologize to those guests who were disturbed by this guests. We do have surveillance camera on each floor and after reviewing the camera we found out that guests there were hanging out on the balcony did belong with them and not any other rooms. As a precaution we asked them to leave 4am in the morning. We were not aware they had been drinking in which case we would have done something different. Upon inspection of the room in the morning we found out room was completely trashed and mirror was broken. Reason for charging was because we have to replace the mirror and for cleaning fee. We had other guests complaining about the noise for which we had to compensate. I spoke to the guest's mom and explained her also what was done to the room and why there was charge on his account. Guest has disputed the charges and we are also responding to the credit card company with our response. We do our hardest to keep all our guests happy and comfortable as possible. We will do all in our power to make each guests' stay pleasant as possible.

I hope anyone who reads this does not get discourage from staying at Sea Palace Inn. This guests' were just looking to party all night for which they were evicted.

Reviewed August 29, 2009

My boyfriend and I booked a two night stay and when we arrived the room didn't seem bad. After using the shower, jacuzzi, and other amenities we were very unhappy. The shower and jacuzzi were both dirty with leftover pieces of seaweed from prior guests, the shower curtain was moldy, and there were no tissues in the bathroom. The jacuzzi looked like there had been water sitting in it for a long time due to mold stains on the jets. Our view consisted of a 24 hour convenience store with people hanging around all day and night, leaning against the building smoking cigarettes. The rooms are very close together and you will hear everything that goes on in the room next to you, so be prepared for a noisy night. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

We are sorry for the dissatisfaction you had at our motel. I do have good housekeeping staff but I am very upset with them for missing all the things you listed. We have our front desk staff the check the rooms also prior to giving it our guests but I believe they failed at there duties also. I really wished you had said something to the staff about this problems which we could have fixed right away. Cleanliness is our first priority. As far as the view you are correct it does face the store and patrons smoking outside of the store for which we do not have any control. If there was a noise coming from next door we ask that you had inform us so we can ask the other guests to lower the noise. We want each of guests to be comfortable as possible without any problems. We hope you really do give us another try in future.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

I had to ask 3 times for more towels and wash cloths. We were at the beach until 3:00pm and when we came back to the room, it still had not been cleaned. The fitted sheets did not fit the bed. I requested two queen size beds and got double beds.....the pool is way too small and the place was noisy!!! I wouldn't recommend this place if you want a clean, comfortable, calm place to stay. Never again for our family!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

We are sorry for difficulties you faced with your stay. Housekeeping and front desk should have taken care of this problems promptly. We are not sure why the wrong size sheets were put on the bed and given same type of sheets again. I really want to apologize for the mistakes that the front desk and housekeeping made. In August we are very busy and sometime housekeeping does run little behind but it is not a excuse that room does not get cleaned by proper time. It is also very hard to find good housekeeping staff for the season and willing to work. We try to hire as many as people so the rooms get clean on time. We wish that if it was too loud at anytime please inform the front desk so we can investigate the problem and corrected. We will do our hardest not to repeat these problems for other guests.

Reviewed June 28, 2009

i stayed in room 303 with my wife on june 27,09. The staff was excellent and extremely friendly. the room apart from remote control troubles was immaculate; definitely worht the price. the trouble began about 11;30pm when a group of prom partiers rented the room next door302. They were very noisy, had fights in the room where you could here their bodies being slammed against the wall, they were hanging out in the balcony shoutting profanity etc.... My wife and I were afraid. I wanted to call police, but she said it was going to cause more problems.This continued until 5:30am and it is a shame management didnt do anything. We were able to get some sleep at about 6:00am only to be awaken by the office staff at about 7:15am to get their beach passes back, this just added insult to injury. I told the manager about the problem and demanded i check out later than 10:30am which he agreed.the management has security cameras which caught the majority of this groups illegal actions and did nothing.. They invested so much to make this a very nice hotel, but failed to provide security to prevent which such vile destructive behavior from customers that truly dont care.It is obvious to me that this new management doesnt care about decent customers, if they did they would have made every effort to curtail the ongoing violence in room 302

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
seapalace, Property Manager at Sea Palace Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2009

Dear Guest,

We are very sorry for the unpleasent stay at Sea Palace Inn. It was the last prom weekend of the summer. Kids sometime don't realize there are other guests in the hotel. We were not aware of the that kids were being loud and distubing other guests. We would like to apologize for the inconviences that you incurred. As for the front desk knocking on the door at 7:30 in the morning to request the beach badges was very rude. They have been told not to bother guests before 10am. If it was me I would be upset also. We do not have phones in the rooms because 99% of the guests have cellphone and there is no need for a phone in the room. I would like to have you come back to stay with us again without any problem and we will give you discounted pricing. I have sent you personal message with the discount we are giving so please bring that next time with you and we will honor it. Once again we are very sorry for the rude kids next door and for the front desk agent.

We hope to see you soon.

JD

Reviewed February 25, 2009

I have stayed at the Sea Palace Inn a few times in recent years when I haven't rented a private house. It is only a few blocks from beach and boardwalk and literally a stumble away from a good, affordable non-tourist bar (Rigger's). There is ample free parking, the rooms are clean, and the staff is friendly and accomodating. On top of that, it is rare indeed to find a working elevator in Seaside Heights (especially a clean one), and it is much appreciated for unloading luggage from the car or for climbing up to the top floor after a long day at the beach. The rooms are slightly pricier than those at other nearby hotels, but they are much cleaner and you don't have to deal with all the noise that you would staying right by the boardwalk. The other down side is that there is no free breakfast and no pool (although I believe that you can use the pool at a neighboring hotel). All in all though, I will continue to stay at Sea Palace Inn in the future.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We contacted the property directly this time but the first time we stayed at this hotel, we had booked our stay through Hotels.com. That was how we found this hotel. And after our first stay we knew that we would be coming back. It is very hard to find a good place to stay at Seaside Heights, New Jersey because it is mostly a young peoples hang out and most hotels there are pretty much destroyed by the drunkeness of the people that stay there. And since this hotel was so close to the boardwalk, we were very concerned about how it was going to be. Needless to say, we were very happy with our stay. The clerk that helped us with our registration of the hotel was the most pleasant clerk I have ever had to deal with. If we had a problem at all, he took care of it with no complaints and always had a big smile on his face. When I say problems, I have to say that they were very minor problems such as the TV remote not being programmed for the amount of channels that you are suppose to get. Back to the clerk, he treated us so well that I had assummed he was the owner of the hotel. When I found out that he was not the owner, I was shocked because you usually don't get treatment like that unless you deal with the owner himself. When we checked out of our room, we ran a little late and he had no problem at all. We also wanted to hang out a little longer at the boardwalk and he let us stay parked in his lot with no problems at all. And by doing so, it made us decide to book one more night at that hotel. Which he was happy about. We thought the price of the hotel was very reasonable for the location of the hotel. We were definitely satisfied with this hotel and plan on staying there from now on when we travel to Seaside Heights. And you would be crazy not to book your stay there. Good Luck and Have Fun!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank alkovach7