“Exceeded my expectations” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sea Palace Inn
Ranked #17 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Exceeded my expectations”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

After doing a lot of research on Seaside accomodations, I decided on the Sea Palace Inn. Many other motels had accusations of bed bugs, incompetent staff and poor room conditions.
I did not know what to expect after many mixed reviews of the Sea Palace Inn, but I was pleasantly surprised. We were allowed to check in early and got right into our room. The rate seemed a little steep ($168) for one night compared to other lodging in the area but its totally worth it for the great location and clean room you are not guaranteed when you come to Seaside.
The room was clean and all the amenities were fully functioning. I was attending the St. Patrick's day parade and we really only needed a bed to crash in. The Sea Palace was right near all the action, walking distance to the bars and boardwalk. My only complaint would be that one of the two beds did not have a view of the TV.

Overall, we had a great experience and I would absolutely recommend the Sea Palace Inn.

• Stayed March 2012
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

my self jina and my husband jay went to sea side heights from canada and we stayed in sea palace inn we were so pleased with the staff at hotel and nice and clean room if you really want to enjoy in sea side heights nice and comfortable stay is at sea palace inn its walking distance to boardwalk and parking also available.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank jina p
Niagara Falls, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

The people running the place are as arrogant as can be and keep saying I can rent this room for a million dollars so tough on you for booking it cheaper... The floors are filthy, the rates are unbelievable and there is nothing to the place but dirt. What ever happened to taking your g-zillion dollars you make from the suckers in the summer and throw some paint on the rooms during the winter slow down... They do nothing, they should be ashamed to let anyone stay there... Run down washrooms, run down rooms, and prices are astronomical... I enjoyed the three block walk to the beach and that is all I can say... Leaving the hotel was the best part of staying there...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 2010Timmy
seapalace, General Manager at Sea Palace Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am sorry you had unpleasant stay at the Sea Palace Inn. I am not sure who said we can rent the room for one million dollar but price is little high. We try to make each our guest happy and comfortable as possible. If you were not happy with the rooms why did you stay with us. You could have checked out or requested room which we could have done gladly. When you write a review online and don't say anything while your stay there is little we can do. You could have said something and we could have try to do something which would have made your stay pleasurable. We would take your comments and improve on service and room condition for our future guests.

JD

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a great little hotel! I was a little worried after reading some reviews but after searching all over, I found this to look the most promising. We stayed in the jacuzzi room and it was well worth the extra money, even though it wasn't all that much more expensive! It was very clean, however I did notice some things that others mentioned, like about spots on the carpet and on the towels, but all in all it was clean enough for me. The manager was very friendly. It's in a great location to everything!! The only complaint that I had was it was very noisy, the walls are paper thin and we heard the elevator always going and our neighbors were very loud. Other than that, I would definitely stay there again! Thank you for a great weekend!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
�����
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

Thank you to the Sea Palace Inn for making our stay so much Fun! Everyone was so very friendly! And thanks for having the pool cleaned for us everyday! We will without a doubt be back at the Sea Palace Inn our next stay here at Seaside!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

I to was leary about staying at this hotel given some of the bad and mixed reviews. To my surprise the room was nice. No Frills. Two beds, old tv with about 6 channels, mini fridge, microwave and awesome air conditioner. Most importantly the room was very clean, the bathroom was clean and the room looked like it was well maintained. The beds were comfortable too. Unfortunately the wifi left a bit to be desired. Really slow, wouldn't connect and was frustrating. The room was the furtherest away from the office hence the bad connection. Hotel owners helped me get on line though.
Parking adequate and location great. 1 1/2 blocks walk to boardwalk, 24 hour deli across the street and I felt safe here as well Price was good.
Overall if you want no frills, clean, decent location with short walk to the beach I would recommend. I liked it and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Imperial, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

The staff and accomodations were great!!!!! Wanted to stay down at the shore for 2 days. We found the Inn on Expedia only 1 day before our stay. The room had 3 Queen size beds and was very spacious. Anything we needed was taken care of by the front desk. Also learned my lesson, don't drop the wife and kids off at the beach first. Upon check-in found out they will supply everyone in the party with a beach pass. That will save you $5 per person. Took advantage of this the next day. Even though we checked out Wednesday morning, they left us keep our vehicle on the lot until that evening. That saved us more money. If we make our way to the East Coast again, I will be staying here for sure. Thanx Sea Palace staff!!!!

Room Tip: They do charge by the person so educate yourself o about this first.