“Absolutely Horrific!!!!!!!!!!!”

Hotel Charlee Sea Breeze
Reviewed July 18, 2007

My boyfriend and I attempted to stay at this establishment on July 17, 2007. After checking into Room #2 because the A/C in Room #1 was not working, we were sitting on our bed conversing about going elsewhere because the SMELL OF THE SEA BREEZE IN IS HORRIFIC!!! While flipping through the phone book I noticed the younger man who was at the front desk of the time of check in PEEKING IN OUR WINDOW SPYING ON US!!!!!! We demanded our money back after observing this and I left their in tears from feeling so violated and scared that my boyfriend turned around and went back. He then had more words with him and left again. This young man was about 5'7 with short hair and very blue eyes and spoke with a very thick middle-eastern accent. I am still contemplaticing on filing a police report. DO NOT STAY HERE !

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank alicia1222

Reviewed June 3, 2007

HEED MY WARNING THIS IS THE WORST MOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN DON'T STAY HERE. When I first arrived I should have known it wouldn't be good. When I asked them about the pool I was promised to stay in they said that "They would have to check to see if the manger would let us because they had problems already." However, it was ok to use it. The pool was disgusting you couldn't pay me to go in it. It was really small and dirty. It had gum and cigarettes on the bottom and leaves and dead bugs floating in it.The motel room was even the worse. The floor was disgusting they looked like they hadn't been vacuumed in ten years.There was no light in the room except for one which wasn't by the beds.Even if you had this light on it was still pitch black. It didn't help. The lamp didn't work. We found hair in our beds form the people before us and there garbage they had left behind! The only good thing is that when we asked for them to change our bedding they did. They got mad however when I asked them to wash the comforter. The pillows had yellow stains on them from over use.The towels had nasty stains on them and the shades didn't work. On the website it says it had a Daily Maid Service which when I checked out they told me they didn't have one and for me to throw away the garbage because it was "better". On the website it say the room has "Complimentary Continental Breakfast,Welcome Basket For All,Porch/PicnicTables,and Coffee/Tea Available At All Times During Your Stay "this was untrue. We never got any of this. There wasn't even toilet paper. The towels had brown stains on them. There was no soap except for one small bar. TRUST ME IT WAS THAT BAD DON'T STAY HERE!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Janine89
Reviewed August 22, 2005

This hotel is a great place to stay because I can say its one of the best hotel rooms i've ever seen. the only problem I found with the hotel is that the rooms get reserved too quick. I had to reserve a room one month in advance to try to reserve it but its defintely a gem in seaside. I would love to stay there again. (actually making plans already)

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank BenPenUSA
A TripAdvisor Member
Wallkill, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2004

The Sea-Breeze Inn is a great place to stay. It has been recently renovated and the room we stayed in had 2 beds, a kitchen table, and a clean and spacious bathroom for a decent price. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. This place is a nice change from the gross places you sometimes encounter at the shore.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member