See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2018

The bathroom was gross. Smelling like a sewer backed up on top of cigarettes . The toilet paper was about gone and instead of a new fresh roll,I had a half roll. Floors were sandy. I could not find an ice bucket,so, I asked the owner about ice. She whispered to me to get it from the next building. The people upstairs were yelling and threatening each other. I felt very unsafe.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2017

My family and I actually thought about sleeping in our car and showering at the public showers on the boardwalk, as opposed to staying in this dirty hotel. When we walked in we were appalled at the dirty blankets. My son said there was glue on his blanket (I don't think it was glue). The bathtub was dirty. There were flying bugs in the room.
My kids kept asking to use the pool, but it was as dirty looking as the rest of the place.
At night you could hear people screaming and fighting in front of your room.
There was nothing really positive to write about the stay....the funniest and strangest part was the "ice machine." When my husband went to the office and asked for an ice machine they informed him the ice was at their sister location. My husband went there and asked for ice and they pointed to a cooler with a shovel. My husband laughed at them and they said seriously "What do you need more than that?" Never again would I ever stay here. We were actually hoping when we went to the boardwalk we would lose the hotel on the way back and have to stay elsewhere.

Room tip: quieter floors, cleaner rooms
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

We booked an apartment at the Sea gem for two nights. This place needs a serious makeover. Dirty, rusty, moldy and blood stained sheets. Missing smoke alarms. When we told the manager about the problems his solution was to give us another room. Like we wanted to stay there. Unreal

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2017

My friend and I go down every year for our annual man trip. We have stayed at the Sea Gem 2 years in a row now. Before that we stayed at the Sky View Manor and The Dry Dock. The same group owns these hotels so we always get great service. Mike the manager has always been helpful! The value is great and we know what we are getting for our money. The Sky View is right next door and they have more of a younger crowd so Mike puts us at the Sea Gem so we have a little more privacy. The pools are great and we have never had any issues. There was a small leak in the room and they gave us another room right away so they could took care of it without delaying our time. Thanks Mike!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Michael K
Reviewed June 5, 2017

Look, it's Seaside. First and foremost there will be people partying most of the night. However the 24 hr security on site assures minimal shenanigans. We felt safe. The staff also really looked out for us. I cant say enough about Mike. Helpful and friendly. Our room was basic and had character, but that's exactly what we wanted/needed. It was clean and close to the beach. We had the perfect Memorial Day Weekend at the Sea Gem

Date of stay: May 2017