“THE MOST AWFUL PLACE ON EARTH”
Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed July 28, 2007

OMG!! My friend and I took her 16 year old daughter and 9 friends here to celebrate her 16th birthday. The rooms were filthy, the toilet didn't work, there was no hot water for showers. We had to beg to get a couple of extra towels and found the staff to be more interesting in smoking than in helping the guests. I cannot believe the "great" reviews I read about this motel. The website is also very misleading. To say that the rooms have been recently updated is a blatant lie. If my room was updated, I shudder to think what it looked like before. I cannot believe the nerve to charge the prices they do. There were many foul-mouthed guests who again were more interested in smoking and cursing than in watching their kids. There was a lot of police activity and other hotel guests making loud noises and talking loudly into the wee hours of the morning, robbing us of any sleep we could have hoped to get. I would rather have slept in my car!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed April 6, 2007

My family and I went down to SeaSide last August and we stayed at the SeaGarden. It wasn't the nicest place I ever stayed thats for sure, but the people their treated my family and I great. We had a great time in the pool and we met alot of nice ordinary people like us. Sure you get what you pay for as far as the accomodations go, but you can't put a price on the wonderful time we had as a family there. I'm on line now to book for this year and I look forward to staying at the SeaGarden again and even talking to some of you Met fans again even though that was the hardest part of the trip LOL.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Daluchi
Philadelphia
Reviewed July 10, 2006

If your looking for clean, comfortable, relaxing place to stay, this is it. My friends and I stayed there for a much needed week of vacation. We loved being only a block from the beach, but we decided we had more fun hanging out at the pool. The proximity to resaurants was nice too. You can only eat out so much, so we did plenty of cooking in our kitchen too. The best part about the place was the staff. They really make you feel welcome. When you stay there make sure you talk to Harry! Hey if it's good enough for Donald Trump, it's good enough for me.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pompton Lakes
Reviewed July 9, 2005

All the reviews of this place seem to deem it pretty bad. However, I think differently. Me and 2 friends went down to seaside last summer, and after driving around for an hour trying to find a room, we found one here. The staff was funny and curtious, they seemed pretty chilled out. We walked in the room and were imediatly struck by a pungent oder. That problem though was easily fixed by WALKING to the boardwalk and picking up about 100 incense sticks for 5 dollars at Rock Star Headquarters (Great place by the way), We partied the night away and the next morning, learned the people in the room next to us were doing the exact same thing, we shared some drinks and a smoke, and were on our way. Also the staff who woke us up in the morning saw a few things they shouldent have, mainly a pipe and a water filtration device on the table, and just said "oh...eh, whatever, checkout is in 2 hours." I don't recommend this hotel to families, but for a group of friends who wanna have fun, its a great place, just dont do anything dumb.

• Stayed: August 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2005

the hotel itself was a mess and smelled horrible, but i could put up with that. But what got me really mad is when i was leaving i went to go return my room key and pick up my security deposit and there was a sign saying "sorry we're closed". so i had to leave without my 200 dollars. i called a number of times the next few days asking if it could be mailed to me and after about 7 phone conversations they agreed to mail it out to me. The next day they called and informed me that they gave my 200$ to "my friend". I asked for a copy of the paper that "my friend" signed and when i saw the signature, it was actaully just some random signature. So they either gave my 200$ to a random person, or they kept it and signed the paper under a different name. Either way, they are refusing to give me my money and i am currently setting up a court date. My advice would be to stay away from this place

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
lake george NY
Reviewed August 27, 2004

we went on vacation the 2nd week of aug.
we checked in it had a funny smell i thought to myself i hope the room was better.
we got to the room there was holes in the ceiling and very poor lighting its not hard to figure out why.
went to use the bathroom it got clogged needless to say we spent the rest of the week with a plunger.
went to take a shower it felt kind of funny i lifted the shower mat and the bathtub was cracked.a bath for that week was out of the question showers only.
to get in the bathroom you had to go in sideways and turn the slide into the toilet area did i say no toilet paper holders. a dump for this place is being very nice.oh left out the old food burns on furniture the doors the didn,t have a chain lock and it can be seen where it had been kicked in.
looking for a dump go no furhter. no free breakfast just a 2.50 coupon that you can never get because managment don,t get there til noon . and you have to pick it up every day.not at once.
on the bright side the beds were comfortable.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2004

not the newest, not the worst, but you get what you pay for. I thought Andrew was great, and Ron always was ready to help with anything. They know you on first name bases and are not to stuck up to mingle with the guests.

2  Thank lisapercoskie