“VACATIONERS BEWARE!!!”

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Williamsport
“VACATIONERS BEWARE!!!”
Reviewed July 27, 2009

My family and I have been staying at the Sea Garden since 2007. Upon checkout last July, we reserved our rooms for this year. I stood right there and watched as they penciled in our reservations, and we even got to pick out what rooms we wanted...because there were no bookings yet for the upcoming year. In February 2009, I sent full payment for my room, and I even received my confirmation through the mail, as requested.

On July 18...I received a phone message saying that they had double booked my room, and that they were overnight mailing my refund. My reservations were for August 7-14!!! Talk about a short notice!!! I tried to call them numerous times over the next couple of days, and only received an answering machine. They never returned my calls either. I called the seaside heights tourism number, and they said that they had been receiving alot of calls about the same problem, and that they had no idea what was going on over there. They said that the Sea Garden would not return their calls either!

This is no way to run a business!!! Luckily, I did receive my refund FINALLY (not overnight, as they stated)...and I even found a hotel for the same week...not even a block from the Sea Garden!!! So, you better believe that I will be making an appearance over there to see what is really going on, and why we all got the boot!!!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank staceyv21

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
new jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2009

What a scam. We were told that if we booked last August when we had completed our weekly stay that we should book for next year. 2 apartments and one guest room. So we did. We made our payments on March and April and June. Low and behold we get a call from some arrogant manager named Tom who also told us that they had double booked. 3 weeks before our vacation. They offered us one room at the White Pearl which they thought was great. I think that it stinks. I have a 6 year old granddaughter and my sister who had the other apartment has a 2 year old granddaughter. what would one room do for us??? The owner who I insisted on talking to was also arrogant and nasty. He was aggravated that we did not appreciate this offer. This place is a rip off and the owner is just trying to make money without the concern of his customers. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. RESERVATIONS MEAN NOTHING. We spent three hours and finally found a place that was courteous and extremely nice to us ---- good ridance to the Sea Garden and it;s low life owner and manager.

2 Thank marelow

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

North Jersey
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I booked our efficiency apartment four weeks in advance. Ten days prior to our vacation the mgr called and said "we overbooked our rooms so we have to cancel your reservations. I had to go out and look for another motel. I wa told by someone very knowledge about Seaside Hts that the reason they cancelled a lot of peoples reservations was that they booked MTV in all of their rooms. What a lousy way to run a business.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank grandpa19
Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I got a phone call on July 20, 2009 from the manager stating " they over booked rooms and they were sorry and my money will be reimbursed in 2 days". Mind you we were suppose to go on vacation August 22-29th. My husband and I had paid for and booked this family vacation in March 2009. Paid in full.. They left us 30 days to find another place I would not recommend this motel to anyone. I cried for 1 day. When i called other motels in sea side they had told me that other vacationers had called them for the same reason. Over 20 families that i heard of that they did this too. I am calling the better business bureau and New Jersey tourist. How could they have done this.

Stayed July 2009
1 Thank baby568
New Jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Me & my family were scheduled to stay here in August - We've had our rooms booked since March and now all of a sudden they call a couple weeks before our trip to say they overbooked!! Needless to say we lost our rooms and they were unwilling to help. Which is better for us anyway because the rooms were horrible, they smelled like puke.....the floors were fithy....the pool is dirty and the bathrooms are disgusting!!! The only good thing about that hotel was Harry who worked there and was the nicest guy who helped us out whenever we needed anything.

1 Thank Italianprincess1203
Bensalem
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Just like the review below, we got the boot. I booked in person on April 26th 2009 for two suites for the first week in August 2009. I paid half the full price that day and sent the rest in on June 9th 2009 and was then paid in full. Yesterday, July 18, 2009, I recieved a phone call telling me they double booked my rooms and would not be able to accomodate my party. I flipped. He said they were overnighting me my money in full and that was that. That is so unprofessional. After months of thinking my reunion trip for all of my college friends and I was planned and done with, the hotel calls and cancels less then 3 weeks before our trip. I am currently trying to locate another hotel but this is ridiculous. I work as a Paralegal in a law firm and make no mistake they will be hearing from me.

• Liked — There was not accommodation......
  • Disliked — There was not accommodation......
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Beachgoer1820
Allentown, PA
Reviewed July 18, 2009

So, me and my family, which totaled 8 of us all together, were planning on staying at this motel. We use to go here every year when we were small, and wanted to relive some childhood memories. We booked in May, and sent them a check for the full amount that was owed and paid in full. Here we are, one month to our trip, and we get a phone call. They double booked our rooms, and we got the boot. It took us a whole hour to find a replacement. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone. Maybe 10 years ago, but not today. They do not care about us, or our vacation. Instead, call the white pearl motel. That is where we are staying.

1 Thank lilpnutmom83