“Worst motel - Don't stay here!!”
Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Me & my family were scheduled to stay here in August - We've had our rooms booked since March and now all of a sudden they call a couple weeks before our trip to say they overbooked!! Needless to say we lost our rooms and they were unwilling to help. Which is better for us anyway because the rooms were horrible, they smelled like puke.....the floors were fithy....the pool is dirty and the bathrooms are disgusting!!! The only good thing about that hotel was Harry who worked there and was the nicest guy who helped us out whenever we needed anything.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Italianprincess1203

Reviewed July 19, 2009

Just like the review below, we got the boot. I booked in person on April 26th 2009 for two suites for the first week in August 2009. I paid half the full price that day and sent the rest in on June 9th 2009 and was then paid in full. Yesterday, July 18, 2009, I recieved a phone call telling me they double booked my rooms and would not be able to accomodate my party. I flipped. He said they were overnighting me my money in full and that was that. That is so unprofessional. After months of thinking my reunion trip for all of my college friends and I was planned and done with, the hotel calls and cancels less then 3 weeks before our trip. I am currently trying to locate another hotel but this is ridiculous. I work as a Paralegal in a law firm and make no mistake they will be hearing from me.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Beachgoer1820
Reviewed July 18, 2009

So, me and my family, which totaled 8 of us all together, were planning on staying at this motel. We use to go here every year when we were small, and wanted to relive some childhood memories. We booked in May, and sent them a check for the full amount that was owed and paid in full. Here we are, one month to our trip, and we get a phone call. They double booked our rooms, and we got the boot. It took us a whole hour to find a replacement. I would not recomend this hotel to anyone. Maybe 10 years ago, but not today. They do not care about us, or our vacation. Instead, call the white pearl motel. That is where we are staying.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank lilpnutmom83
Reviewed July 1, 2009

This place is Dirty, the Staff could care less about You (the Guest) and the Rooms are not fit for Humans (or Animals) I have seen Cleaner Rooms in 3rd World Countries. I recommend that You pass this Place up, don't be fooled the Website makes this Motel look like a Palace, but it is really a True Mess! My prediction is that this Owner is waiting for the $$$ for this Property and will Sell it. Hey Owner... when was the Last time You have changed a Light Bulb or Cleaned the Bathroom Floors? RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AWAY FROM THIS HELLHOLE!

1  Thank koryfla
Reviewed June 29, 2009

First all, don't be fooled by the motel's website!!! We spend one horrible night at this motel and I do not recommend this motel not even to my worst enemy. The room they gave us at first had a horrible mildew smell, chairs were falling apart and the mattress had dried vomit on it. When informing one of the staff about the vomit, she just laughed at us. If we haven't requested another room, we probably wouldn't have been offered another room either. The other room we got was a bit better, but still not worth the money they were charging us. The rate per night at this mortel is more expensive compared to other much better upscale motels in the same area. I definitely don't recommend this motel to anyone.

Reviewed June 28, 2009

This hotel is a scam. Not anything like the website seems. They seem to not tell you that they want a $100 security deposit before you get your room. The hotel manager and his trashy coworkers are nasty and rude. This place should be shut down for unsanitary conditions. Our room (#9) smelled like mold, the couch was torn, the armchair in the living room had cigarette burns in it, the pull out sofa bed had dried puke all over it, and our kitchen table had 2 unmatching, filthy, disgusting chairs. For security reasons they made us wear pink bracelets. We left the motel and returned an hour or so later. Noone checked our bracelets to verify we were staying there. We requested a refund for the 2nd night and were granted it. DO NOT stay here!

1  Thank ShoreLove
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This place is the worst by far. Horrible security, dirty room, vomit in bed. Had to leave early, mildew smell, gross