“DUMP!!!!!!!”
Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #24 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This hotel is a scam. Not anything like the website seems. They seem to not tell you that they want a $100 security deposit before you get your room. The hotel manager and his trashy coworkers are nasty and rude. This place should be shut down for unsanitary conditions. Our room (#9) smelled like mold, the couch was torn, the armchair in the living room had cigarette burns in it, the pull out sofa bed had dried puke all over it, and our kitchen table had 2 unmatching, filthy, disgusting chairs. For security reasons they made us wear pink bracelets. We left the motel and returned an hour or so later. Noone checked our bracelets to verify we were staying there. We requested a refund for the 2nd night and were granted it. DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank ShoreLove

Reviewed June 28, 2009

This place is the worst by far. Horrible security, dirty room, vomit in bed. Had to leave early, mildew smell, gross

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Oh My God!!
The Sea Garden Motel is such a dump! I cant believe that the local building code officials let this place stay open! Our room stunk of mold! The cieling tiles were falling down, there were only smoke detector bases the detectors themselve were gone, the bathroom was a joke! I would rather use an outhouse!! The toilet was so close to the wall, there was no way possible to sit on it! The bathroom is less than 3 feet wide, to get into the tub/shower, you have to step over toilet, then you enter th end of a tub of wich is dangerous to get into or out of. My wife actualy fell and has a huge bruise on her knee! To start the shower you have to get in and turn it on with the cold water spraying on you!!
I felt dirtier after my shower than before. The place is filthy! And I think every guest there was on welfare and sat outside there room smoking! I would not wish 5 min of this place on my worst enemy! I am contacting the local official before somone gets hurt here!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2008

This place sucks, plain and simply. The rooms are dumpy and misleading. No matter what size room or apartment you get, expect it to be the size of a small motel room with a small dinky dirty kitchen thats never been used because it is nasty, and is right next to the 40 year old couch from a drug den which they call a living room. The sheets on my bed were stained with dirt and red spots, they were ripped, and i basically slept on a futon. The beds are so disgusting i cannot even begin to explain, and as for the pull out couch, upon opening it i almost threw up. The bathroom was about 3 feet wide, and the toilet bowl touched both walls. Everything in the rooms was disgusting and i cannot understand anyones satisfaction with this hotel, or the fact that they have not been closed down. They are also scam artists. After switching rooms halfway through the trip i was asked for a 100 dollar security deposit, which i only recieved half back due to a clogged sink which was only clogged because the motel sucks. They are scam artists, and are running a bad motel. Oh, and dont expect any maid service, fresh towels, clean linens, kitchen supplies, or anything a standard motel has because it doesnt exist. Really, no maid service and the towels might as well have been napkins.
If you stay here you will be SEVERELY dissapointed

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2008

The hotel was the worst i have ever stayed at..>DO NOT STAY HERE....website is misleading. the ac was nasty it was a window unit inside the wall.....the bed was the most shady looking bed ever there were stains all over the walls and the bathroom had the tub in such a strange way it was insane...the tub was dirty we brough bleech down there was no saving it...the tv had no remote they give u not even a cup to rinse your mouth with in the bathroom..we asked for paper towels she brought us toilet paper...there was no pillows or blankets for the sofa bed...so we asked and he said do to prom people there is none for the sofa bed...its july...no prom people here...so he brought up a pillow and blanket we did not use nor did we use the blanket on the bed...we got an airmatress...horrible horrible...the pool railings were shaky and falling apart their was trash all over the pool area and trash cans outside the first fllor rooms so u could inhale all the trash.....

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Where do i begin... My friends and I decided on the Sea Garden for the suites. We figured we needed a little privacy and a kitchen for a two day trip. To me the amount they were charging a night was RIDICULOUS but considering it was a suite I gave in and we booked a room. The minute we checked in I was furious! There was an awful smell in the room. Like they have never seen housekeeping before. It was like traveling in time. The furniture was from circa 1970 there was no sofa bed like they said. Not even a remote for the Television. The Kitchen was Gross the refrigerator was filthy the counters were broken. The dining table looked from the salvation army none of the chairs matched plus they had stains all the cushion on the chair. The stains were so sketchy we did not bother using those chairs.Lets not even start with the bedrooms, from stained pillows to quilts. The Dressers were all missing drawers. There were holes in all the doors. To make matters worse they don't clean the rooms, we found cans of redbulls that were not ours behind the doors, empty gatorade bottles under the mattress. Not the bed the mattress.Lets not even get to what i found under the bed! Thank god i brought my own blanket i managed to use that to cover the bed to sleep on. The bathroom was filthy, the radiator was broken the toilet made noises through out the day, the bath mats were PAPER WHERE IS THE COMMON SENSE HERE. There was only one air conditioner and it was destroyed no cover so we had to inhale all the dust from the filter. It looked as if someone threw the AC down a flight of steps dragged it back up and installed it. When we tried to change rooms the mngmt would not accomadate us instead just offered us some airfreshner. The towels were stained. They didn't even bring us new ones in the morning we had to bring them all our towels and then get them ourselves horrible service, crappy hotel. So not worth the money they charge. Its not what you expect! A WASTE OF MONEY YOU WILL BE SO UPSET ITS GOING TO RUIN YOUR TRIP!!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2007

OMG!! My friend and I took her 16 year old daughter and 9 friends here to celebrate her 16th birthday. The rooms were filthy, the toilet didn't work, there was no hot water for showers. We had to beg to get a couple of extra towels and found the staff to be more interesting in smoking than in helping the guests. I cannot believe the "great" reviews I read about this motel. The website is also very misleading. To say that the rooms have been recently updated is a blatant lie. If my room was updated, I shudder to think what it looked like before. I cannot believe the nerve to charge the prices they do. There were many foul-mouthed guests who again were more interested in smoking and cursing than in watching their kids. There was a lot of police activity and other hotel guests making loud noises and talking loudly into the wee hours of the morning, robbing us of any sleep we could have hoped to get. I would rather have slept in my car!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family