New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Sea Garden Motel

Sea Garden Motel
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
“Great Motel! Close to EVERYTHING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Had a FAB time at the Sea Garden! Big pool, walking distance to clubs and beach. Front desk was very helpful. I loved that the place looks like it was recently renovated and the bathrooms were really clean! Walked across the street and used my coupon for a free breakfast...not too shabby and one less thing to think about on a vacation. I highly recommend this motel and although I dont have children, those vacationers with children were quite satisfied as well! Plan to come back next summer!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

Been staying at the Sea Garden every summer for 3 years now in a row. Each year a big bunch of us come down to the shore and the sea garden becomes our little home away from home. Its gotten better and better each summer. A block away from Boardwalk and walking distance to the clubs and bars. We stopped looking at other hotels for future visits once we found Sea Garden. Rooms are very clean and most are apartment style with 2 bedrooms and a living room with kitchen area. Maids are on point at this place! I am kind of a messy person and everyday when i get back from the beach and my room is spotless. The hotel staff are always great to us. Very helpful and accommodating. Pool is a cool hang out spot too. Plenty of lounge chairs and tables to relax. You wont be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
East Rutherford
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My experience was horrible! I have to say that the room was clean, however, if you want to get any sleep, stay at a different motel. It is a small motel with a pool in the middle of the complex and there were teenagers drinking and SCREAMING all night until 7:00 a.m. in the morning. I went down to complain at the office, but it was all closed up for the night. I got the hell out of there at 7:30 and when I walked by the pool there was garbage and empty beer cans all over the place. It was totally disgusting and I would not recommend this place to anyone. Most motels that have a pool have pool hours posted and usually would close up by 10 or 11 pm. If this motel would have that policy, no one would be able to be drinking and SCREAMING all night. Or, they should keep the office open so if you do have a complaint, there would be someone to complain to!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to stay
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Randi R

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I have stayed at the Sea Garden Motel a few times now and it has only improved over the years. I love the clean rooms, spacious living quarters, family friendly atmosphere, clean pool as well as an excellent management team. My son and I enjoyed our stay here at the Sea Garden and I plan on staying here again once I return to Seaside, New Jersey. It is easily the best place in town to stay and have a relaxing, fun time. Can't wait to go back and kick my feet up by the pool and have a great time.

Room Tip: the management is really helpful and they were more than happy to help me find a room that I was hap...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank McKeever45
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed here many times over the years and it just gets better. It is definitely one of the top hotels in town. They have recently renovated the entire place and it was great! My room was clean, new bathrooms and the location was great for our family. Close to everything ! I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: speak to Mike
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank b m
Rockaway, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I chaperoned my son and his friends this weekend and was quite surprised at this Hotel. As it is a Seaside Heights hotel, it is probably on the top 3 list for Seaside Heights. I had checked out at least 10 different hotels and they were totally disgusting. The Sea Garden was clean, friendly staff, good group of people (young, old and families) and the pool was a very good size. The hotel is located in a good area and I will defintely stay there again.

Donnaz 1963

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank DonnaZ1963
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

this place was worse than the average crap jersey shore motel. i couldnt believe when i saw the MANAGER watching the underage kids drink. the rooms were gross and smelled like smoke. poor service with towels and toilet paper. would never return here. bunch of crazy kids running around puking and running wild. even those kids complained about what a hell hole that place was. what a nightmare

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank fl12341
jerseyshoreSG, Manager at Sea Garden Motel, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
We have not normally responded to reviews because business at the Sea Garden is very good. Most of our valued guests come year after year and recognize the significant value our facility offers.. That being said, we feel this vindictive review should be addressed. The Seaside Heights Police referenced the damage you caused in their report # 2010-9277 . In retrospect, we should have filed charges instead of allowing you to pay for the damage you caused. Destroying all of the furniture and smearing food all over multiple rooms should have had worse consequences. The courtesy we showed you by not filing charges was rewarded by you in the form of your attached review. Your attempt to hurt our business has been fruitless.