“money hungry owners, stay away!!!!!”
Review of Sand & Surf Motel

and 1 more site!
Sand & Surf Motel
Ranked #26 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This would be a great place if it wasn't for the owners. The location is excellent, right on the boardwalk but the owners only care about your money not your comfort. We had people underneath us come in at 3am, woke us all up because they were drunk and fighting and the owners didn't care and wouldn't even give us an a late check out without paying $40 an hour. We could have used a little sleep to make up for the rude drunks. They are more concerned about waving their $5 parking signs in the parking lot. What jerks and I'm being very polite. Do yourself a favor and don't stay here. I agree with everyone else who says it's like a jail

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brandy92

Reviewed September 1, 2012

rude and unfair owners they there is aprice on everything meanwhile they supply one roll of toilet paper for three people with not one extra roll uner sink .ran out middle of nite with no back up.t he place is clean but i expect clean when i stay anywhere. they find ways to keep your security .why don't they fix outlet in bathroom that does'nt work so people don't have to dry their hair in bedroom without a mirror.like a jail you are watched every minute this is not a vacation. i'm sure there are plenty of other hotels in area that i will find for next year.

never again

p.s think twice b-4 staying here

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank florence m
Reviewed August 12, 2012

actually I am on the last day of my stay now.. coming back labor day weekend..we have been coming to seaside my whole life.. sand and surf since my kids were small and now they are 16 and 18.. lets address some of the negatives ..as far as guests go none of the motels allow guests.. they have no way of knowing how many people are in rooms if they don't set rules people would pay for one or two people and let 4 or 5 in..a few motels call the police or immediatly evict with no refund for guests.. sand and surf does it a much better way.. ok..no toothpaste?? I have never stayed anywhere that gave tooth paste..i have stayed at the Marion even ceasers in the pocons..no toothpaste ..shampoo and conditioner maybe..but this is a no frills motel..most of them don't give that..house keeping..you can pay for house keeping.. or opt out. It is not included in the room price.. the room svarages 170$ night for 4 people on the boardwalk..that is very inexpensive..youbrong your towels down get more.. want more blankets..those too..borrow an iron or a vacuum..the staff is great and overly friendly!! As far as beds in the room..they have rooms that accommodate 8/9 people..so bed sizes will vary..as far as I know the only rooms with2beds. The otherromms are larger..the AC and fridge unplugged?? Plug them in..most places will unplug after check out..sand and surf is quiet clean..a family place..if that's what you are looking for..you will be so happy here ..we have looked around to see about places with a pool..and there is mop lace that compares to this place..my sisters family and lots of our friends come here too ..we will always come back :)

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank poet84
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have been going to Seaside Heights for the past 3 years and this is the cleanest place I stayed
in. A/C unit in my room was a little noisey but overall the stay was great. Beach and baoardwalk
was right outside my door. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joey D
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I thought this would be a great place to stay because of the price and location. I would never go back! If you think it's a great price be sure to average in the $100 cash security deposit that you will not get back. The unfriendly owner will be sure to let you know of the reason he comes up with for keeping it. The security guards were watching my every move. This is not my idea of a vacation. It was more like Seaside jail!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank NDSox
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I booked this hotel ecause of its location to the beach, but after being there would rather walk a mile to beach than stay here again. The staff was rude and very non accommodating. be sure you don't even speak to someone outside your room, or you'll get pounced by security. Very very rude. I agree with others like a jail. And they are crooks. They wouldn't give us the $100 security deposit back because the carpet was wet outside our room in the hall!! What a joke!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank Leh1979
Reviewed August 4, 2012

After checking into one of the worst motels in Seaside and needing a room quickly, the staff made sure to take very good care of us. The room was super clean and so very convenient. Yes it was a bit odd that my family had to wear an armband to be able to gain entrance to our room in the evening. But, after thinking about that, I was thrilled that there was even security. I felt safe leaving my belongings while we enjoyed not only the beach, but the boardwalk.
The staff were able to give us great recommendations on where to eat off the boardwalk and also were very kind to my granddaughter. She is a huge "Jershey Shore" fan.
Can't say enough kind things about the staff and the cleanliness! Those are huge marks in their favor.
Thank you again for making this trip so wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family