“Multiple Trips to Sand and Surf!”
Review of Sand & Surf Motel

and 1 more site!
Sand & Surf Motel
Ranked #27 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Niskayuna, NY
“Multiple Trips to Sand and Surf!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We have stayed at the Sand and Surf a few times. My experiences are as follows:
-The place is CLEAN. In an area (Seaside Heights, NJ) where a number of places are pretty run down, this place has been well taken care of!
-Security. Read a number of reviews about issues with security. While it is true that we had to wear wristbands for a couple of days during one of our trips, we have never had any issue with them. We did not get visitors that were not staying at the Sand and Surf, so I cant speak to those reports. Some folks may see this as being strict - but I would think this is necessary in order to keep the place nice.
-Owners. Jeff and Ken are nice people! I found that they were never rude, or acted inappropriately. Also, as we stayed more, we got to be a little more friendly! Not to mention that these guys are personally onsite almost all day / all night.
-Supplies. I can see why some folks may get bent over only having 1 roll of toilet paper, and a small supply of towels. Again, given the area and the crowds that sometimes go, I understand why they would do such a thing. Although I would prefer to get perhaps a couple of extra towels and washcloths for my family of four.

All in all, this place is easy to recommend, and if you are going to Seaside, there is really no where else to stay.

Room Tip: Great location for People Watching.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DrAMAJR316

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
PA
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed in the oceanfront deluxe in July. We had a great time and loved it. I picked this hotel because they have good security !!! To me that was wonderful. The owners are very nice . Rooms are clean my family cant wait to go back. I have teenagers and they loved the fact that we were on the boardwalk. looking forward to our next years vaca.

• Stayed July 2011
4 Thank cheryl13PA
PA
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Wonderful time nice room ! We loved it !!!
By A Yahoo! Contributor, 8/10/11
We stayed in the ocean front deluxe for a week End of July !! We loved every minute of it !!! The best views ever. Every morning we woke to the ocean . At night my husband loved to sit on the balcony and people watch on the boardwalk. We were actually going to just rent a house on the ocean which would have really been the same price as this was however, I have two teenages and they would have wanted to go on the boardwalk everynight. We certainly did not regret the decision to stay at the Sand and Surf on the boardwalk. At night with the air on you do not hear any noise at all . The room was pretty clean . We rarely started our car and left . Walked to the beach and boardwalk and waterpark . great !!! Worth the $$$ . I am reading the owners are strict. Well we did not experience this however, we did not try to have anyone in the room. I actually liked the idea of them being there all the time and watching everything . They have security guards and Cameras. No crazy partying kids very family oriented . We loved this !!!!!!!!!!! We are planning on going again next year that is for sure !! ( I hope they have a new mattress by then ) my only complaint ....The mattresses were hard very uncomfortable !!!! the springs are kind of coming through in that room ! INTERNET also would be great !!!! It is a good thing the owners are there at all times . AMERICANS a big plus for me .. We felt safe !~

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank cheryl13PA
Barto, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Clean rooms ,N Kitchens ,Clean bathrooms,You are close tO the boardwlk as you can get...iTS great for families an couples alike.the staff is pleasant.The price is affordable .you etust cant get any better enless you want tO pAY 300.00 TO400.00 ON UP!I I still would want tO stay here because I talked wIth the brothers as soon as spring comes to reserve my room and again I talk to them when its tIme tO confirm everthing on my way there.THEY are a family oriented establishment .Looking forward to my fourth year with you guys again. See ya in aug. 2012.......

Room Tip: we love the upstairs view....great view of boardwalk and ocean
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank GRETCHVE
ny
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I just got back from my trip today and it was the best vaction ever the motel is the BEST location ever ut right on the board walk u can see the jersey hsore house perfectly like there outside space and the hot tub and im a huge fan of the show so that was really cool to see. BUT U HAVE NOOOOOOO PRIVACY!!! they make u were a rist band and there super strickt about it and i was just going up the stairs and im a young teenager and a cop questioned me like r u staying here weres ur room and the people that own it are the weidest people and on the weekend its party central theres a bunch of 20 year olds with beer and if u stay there durrung the week its fine but the weekend is just a party at the motel the only reason i would stay there again is bcz its so close to the jersey hsore house and u can see the ocean!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Ringtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2011

clean room,well equipped kitchenette,friendly owner operators,(AMERICAN) !! Liked this place and will be taking my family back next year.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ken w
Vancouver, B.C
Reviewed August 29, 2011

we stayed in room 2 which wasnt an ocean view room, however it did have a great view of the Jersey shore house which is RIGHT NEXT DOOR lol. They weren't filming then but it was pretty neat to see the house our the washroom window.

There was a little kitchen complete with everything you need to cook as we as a mini fridge and a futon in the living room for people to sleep on, it was very clean and beach passes were included in the stay.
The location is PERFECT!!! right across the boardwalk to the beach and awesome location to all the beach bars, as well as Karma and Bamboo is within walking distance!!!
You must try Snooki's fried pickles at Johnny G Spots lol they are to die for!!!!!!

The only reason I gave it a 4 star instead of a 5 is that it didnt have a pool, where as other places do. Dont believe all the bad reviews, I've stayed in many 5 star hotels/resorts all over the world, but you have to keep in mind that you're in a beach motel and you can't have 5 star luxury....plus you're never in your room anyway...way too many activities to do.
Would DEF stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends