“PERFECT location RIGHT on the Boardwalk!”
Review of Sand & Surf Motel

and 1 more site!
Sand & Surf Motel
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Coventry, CT
“PERFECT location RIGHT on the Boardwalk!”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed here Friday, July 22nd for one night. We stayed in the Ocean Front Deluxe. I can see why they call it that since it's a BEAUTIFUL room with a private LARGE balcony overlooking the boardwalk. We LOVED it! There's even a kitchen so you can save money if you wish. We didn't choose to since we were just there for the night.

Jeff in the office allowed me to park my Goldwing right on the walkway by the office. This worked out perfectly since there is always a police officer sitting in a chair 6 feet away from my bike guarding the house next door. (I'll tell you why later).

The room was spotlessly clean and VERY large! We mostly hung out on the balcony (which was perfect for people watching) but also enjoyed walking the boardwalk. Everything is steps away since you're right there.

What we thought was pretty exciting was that the house right next door (being guarded by the police officer) is the house that "Jersey Shore" is filmed in. The entire cast lives there. We never watched the show but it was pretty cool whenever "Snookie", Pauly D", "J-Woww", Ronnie or "Mike the Situation" left the house. They were filming for season 5 so wherever any of them went, the whole entourage followed (including police and security). It was really amazing how many people come unglued about the cast. As I said, I'm not a fan of the show, but it was something different to see.

All in all it was a perfect stay and we couldn't have asked for a better room with a better view! Thank you Jeff for being very accomodating and friendly to us. We WILL be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ntrtainr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Annville
Reviewed July 1, 2011

This was our 2nd trip to Seaside Heights, NJ. First trip we stayed in another hotel, this time we decided to try a hotel on the boardwalk. After booking our trip to Sand and Surf, i began reading some reviews on here. Some had me very leary about our trip. After checking into the hotel, and entering our room, we were AMAZED. What a beautful room. We had the ocean view deluxe room with a balcony over looking the boardwalk and ocean. I have to say, this was probably the cleanest room i've ever stayed in. Full kitchen with everythng you need from dishes and utensils to pots & pans to glasses and mugs. Toaster, microwave and coffee maker also in room. Made it easier for us to spend less money eating on the boardwalk, as we just went shopping for groceries and prepared meals in room. The staff was wonderful. When you check in, there is a list of rules for the hotel, which sure wasn't a problem for us. They are simple rules to follow, and if you have no intention of damaging this property they are a moot point. I would hope people would be respectful of other people's property, but obviously the rules mean that is not a case.We all had no problem with knowing what the rules were up front, and they are not crazy wacky rules. We will be booking our 3rd annual trip to Seaside Heights very soon, and we will sure be booking it through the Sand and Surf Motel. They have created life long travelers to this hotel. Thank you to the staff of Sand and Surf!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank knightgal
Mechanicville, New York
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this motel many times and find it accommodates our needs very well. I've read some of the reviews and I just don't understand some people. The rates are so reasonable and the motel rooms are nice. The owners are very nice people. The well-lit parking lot is right across the street and everyone has their assigned spaces, so there is no mixup. The boardwalk is right outside the door and the view is beautiful. We hope to stay here many, many more times.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dover, NH
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at Sand and Surf Motel for 1 Saturday night. Accomodations are basic/average, but staff is very available and accomodating- the owner was friendly and always around. Parking was offsite, but within close walking distance.I chose this motel after learning that the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore lives next door where the next season is currently being taped- WHAT A HOOT! Saw Mike and Snooki during the day and then was woken up at 4 AM after the crowd outside was cheering as they saw more of the cast. I woke my daughter up and we saw our 2 favorites's, Vinny and Pauly D, at 4:30 in the morning. Worst night of sleep in my life b/c of the noise, but so worth a glimpse of the cast.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Nothing new here. Just your basic camping out, but with a bed, shower, sink and parking space. The location is the only thing of mention in that once I parked across the street in the free lot I didn't have to move the car.
If you are looking for a religious or emotional experience from a staff or accommodations I suggest you look elsewhere. This is about as bare bones as it gets. Think in terms of your basic 2 room gig with: 1 queen, 1 single, 1 bunk (of 2), a potty, a shower stall, a bathroom & kitchen sink, a stove (why?), a dorm frig and an A/C unit for you to plug in. But no hair dryer. And there's a TV if that's what you would call it. CRT circa 1995 - 20" I think.
But, if you're willing to swallow your pride & your wallet (about $180.00/nite), you are well situated to enjoy the beach, boardwalk & the goings on of the MTV cast & crew next door ala 'Jersey Shore". The comic relief of watching the various stars (?) and their respective entourages come and go made everything worthwhile. And for free you get to watch the knucklehead fans park themselves across the street for countless hours for that oh so important glimpse. I have to admit the girls are not bad looking & the guys are GQ's in the making.
No doubt I would stay here again - because it will not change. We all know what the Boardwalk is here: the greatest place to people watch, eat anything that ends in a vowel, drink cold Buds for $3.00 a bottle & have great frozen custard to top off the day. Throw in a couple of custom tees & silk screened sweat pants and I'm good to go.
Just a word of advice: do not speak to the local Police or security personnel assigned to the MTV house next door. These men seem to operate within a sphere of their own with little or no knowledge or regard of fundamental courtesy, much less respect. Just a heads up as I had the opportunity to enjoy it personally, as did some of my fellow renters.
Just the facts, ma'am.

1 Thank ADM-HALSEY
PA
Reviewed August 21, 2010

My kids and I have stayed in many different motels in Seaside Heights-most have had tiny rooms with poor service. Sand & Surf is the best motel we have stayed at-2 nice large rooms, plenty of sleeping space, extremely clean, nice fluffy towels and good security. And the location is great-we even had a bonus of watching Jersey Shore footage being filmed-right next store!

Port Jervis, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2010

We have been staying at the Sand and surf motel for many years . The servise has been great.The rooms are very clean.The location is great, close to everything.Park your car there and walking distance to everywhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple