“Take Penicillin Before you go in the door”

Offshore Motel and Apartments
Ranked #15 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed August 18, 2006

although conveniently located, i woild have been better off sleeping on the beach. The room is called a "suite", what a joke. Sleazy looking characters and gross rooms- slept on top of the covers because I was afraid to look under the bedspread. Shower so dirty I showered wearing my sandals all this luxury for over $ 200.00

Never Again!

Reviewed July 12, 2006

I had a reservation here, with 5 other friends in one of the efficiency rooms because of the great price. 3 of us went down a few days earlier than the trip to check it out (thinking it could not actually be as bad as these reviews say!). First, because the front is so small it was hard to find. The office smelt like garbage, and the woman working was smoking in there. As soon as we walked in she said "oh, haha, you ladies Don't see me smoking in here. haha" - Great business etiquette for sure. Anyway she gave us 4 efficiency room keys and let us go explore the rooms on our own (probably because she was too lazy to lead us around)

Do not stay here. Do not even think about it.

Two rooms had dirty freezers - in one there was a frozen, exploded beer can!!!!!!!
The water came out of one of the sinks yellow for a little bit.
None of the fire alarms were working, they were sitting on shelves and in drawers.
There were cracks around the door jams and one of the windows had a crack.
We did not try to pull out any of the couches to see the bed, beause they were stained and lumpy and who knows if we could have gotten it back in.
Underneath the beds were not clean and the sheets were definitely not up to par.

When we told the woman we were going to cancel, she get pretty defensive and told us she had plenty of people to stay there. She asked us what was the matter and started talking about how old the place was (55 years) and ofcourse it's not going to look like a new holiday inn. When we asked for a cancellation number (which hotels such as the holiday inn have to give you) she said she doesn't do that. All of my information - name, credit card, etc - was written down in a stained, ripped, old notebook. But she didn't and is not charging me for the $50 deposit, thankfully.

I repeat - do not even think about staying here.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank ABomm
NY
Reviewed July 9, 2006

I booked a reservation to the Offshore Motel after viewing it on the web for my daughter and I.

Thankfully I was able to look at the room before I handed over any money.

The other reviews are absolutely correct in saying that it is more like a "crack house". I couldn't get my daughter out of their quick enough.

• Stayed: July 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ny
Reviewed June 23, 2006

esecially if you're going for afterprom..this motel is horrible. It smells the minute you walk in, the AC doesn't work and the bathroom is gross as well. Considering we were just staying for a night it wasn't worth it, and i hated it as well as the 40 other people that were with me...

don't waste your money!!

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island
Reviewed June 14, 2006

well...we went after prom to the offshore for a weekend getaway. we basically cleaned the entire room for a good two hours before bringing our stuff in. it smelled like someone died in the room. we brought lots of cleaning supplies and bug killers like raid (although we luckily did not see any bugs/roaches!) definitley bring your own sheets/pillows/towels/plastic sheet covers. the fridge was actually clean, the pool was swimmable, the couch was really gross and we had to get our stove turned off bc it was permanently giving off heat. the management was a really weird family who could care less about anything/they over booked a lot of people from my school. just so you know, there are a few people we nicknamed "the regulars" because they are permanent residents of this motel. They are crackheads who told us they "had too many charges against them" to be on videotape. One of them (a female wiht a red bandana) also attacked a kid in my grade with brass knuckles and punched him in the face as well as threatened my life. the cops are everywhere and a lot of people got beer tickets -- they raided our room and took all our beer which sucked but we had a good time overall because we went with a lot of people. if we knew better about this place we would have definitely picked a different place to stay although they all look the same pretty much. it was only a block away from the boardwalk and the clubs which was good but we also found out that it is a homeless shelter in the winter time for people on welfare and drug addicts which freaked me out a little bit. if you stay here lock your windows and doors and be aware of the man on the jazzy. i hope this helps.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York
Reviewed March 5, 2006

This place was the most disgusting building/property I have ever been to. I went with a group of friends after prom, desprate for a place to say beucase of problems with our other hotel, so we made reservations for 2 nights. When we got there there were people haning off the legdges screaming, being roudy.. but the worst part is that when the owner went to show us the rooms, some kid threw a beer into the pool (that was green and had stuff floating in it) and the owner says "YEAHHH IM GONNA GET THAT LATER!!" So while he was showing s the room I didnt dare to touch anything beucase it was so dirty, the batroom smelled like urin, and there were stains on the sheets. We found more then 3 cockroaches in our bathoom alone. So while we were going to pay for our room, since it was the only avaiable room in the entire seaside the cops started chasing the owner.. and he was running away from them!!! That night 2 of my friends slept in their car beucase it was so disgusting. My other friend took a cockroach put in in water and froze it to show the lady at the desk. We showed it to her the next day and demaned our money back but she said that no one has ever found a cockroach in any of the rooms and that since we already stayed one night we were not aloud to get our money back. We had already paid for the next night so we damaned that money back and she finally gave it to us, I think they were getting scared that we were going to go to the police. Needless to say .. the night in the offshore motel was the worst experience of my entire life. I do NOT reccomend anyone to stay there unless you like crack houses.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 8, 2005

Had a little bit of money but wanted a vacation and found this motel...and the price was great the room was clean and the people that ran the place seemed to really try to help you have a good time. We were close to everything and met some nice peaple. so yeah I would recomend you give it a try I think you would be happyly surprised.

• Stayed: June 2005