“Alot of fun at a good price!!!!!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Offshore Motel and Apartments

Offshore Motel and Apartments
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Barnegat
“Alot of fun at a good price!!!!!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2008

WoW I read those other reviews and I disagree...Granted it is an older seaside motel but it was clean the people who worked there were really nice.....we barbecued and the pool was nice...we were also really close ro the beach and stuff....I don't know were those other people stayed but we had a blast....and yes I am already playing to go back this summer.....

• Liked — locationto everything central to beach and restaurants....
  • Disliked — no ice machine
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank revcindylu

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
philly
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2006

I went down to the shore with 6 friends. We saw the pictures on-line and thought its doesn't look bad and its for thw weekend and its at the beach, and when there is a beach who cares if its not the Hampton Inn. Well, we wree so wrong.

This place is was DISGUSTING. There was food or something all over the walls in the bedroom. The Carbon Minoxide detector had bateries as old as me and the fire detector had no batteries. The store was a gas stove and was hot enough to touch, and when we got scared about that we asked for some help at the from desk, and someone came and blew out the polot light. Which YOU NEVER DO!! So our room smelled like gas and we couldn't leave our front door open cause gosh only knows who would have walked in the crackhead or drunks. There was no screen in the from window and the back window had a large hole cut out.

The bathroom was SOOOOOOO GROOSSSSSS!! The shower was BROWN and FILTHY!! The toliet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in forever. The carpet was gross and stained. There were bug traps under the sink. The only thing updated in the room was the TV.

The service was horrible and I had a better chance sleeping outside, which we ended up sleeping in our cars. WARNING STAY AWAY!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING WAS HORRIBLE
  • Tips/Secrets — DO NOT GO HERE
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Bridgewater
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2006

although conveniently located, i woild have been better off sleeping on the beach. The room is called a "suite", what a joke. Sleazy looking characters and gross rooms- slept on top of the covers because I was afraid to look under the bedspread. Shower so dirty I showered wearing my sandals all this luxury for over $ 200.00

Never Again!

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2006

I had a reservation here, with 5 other friends in one of the efficiency rooms because of the great price. 3 of us went down a few days earlier than the trip to check it out (thinking it could not actually be as bad as these reviews say!). First, because the front is so small it was hard to find. The office smelt like garbage, and the woman working was smoking in there. As soon as we walked in she said "oh, haha, you ladies Don't see me smoking in here. haha" - Great business etiquette for sure. Anyway she gave us 4 efficiency room keys and let us go explore the rooms on our own (probably because she was too lazy to lead us around)

Do not stay here. Do not even think about it.

Two rooms had dirty freezers - in one there was a frozen, exploded beer can!!!!!!!
The water came out of one of the sinks yellow for a little bit.
None of the fire alarms were working, they were sitting on shelves and in drawers.
There were cracks around the door jams and one of the windows had a crack.
We did not try to pull out any of the couches to see the bed, beause they were stained and lumpy and who knows if we could have gotten it back in.
Underneath the beds were not clean and the sheets were definitely not up to par.

When we told the woman we were going to cancel, she get pretty defensive and told us she had plenty of people to stay there. She asked us what was the matter and started talking about how old the place was (55 years) and ofcourse it's not going to look like a new holiday inn. When we asked for a cancellation number (which hotels such as the holiday inn have to give you) she said she doesn't do that. All of my information - name, credit card, etc - was written down in a stained, ripped, old notebook. But she didn't and is not charging me for the $50 deposit, thankfully.

I repeat - do not even think about staying here.

• Stayed July 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ABomm
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2006

I booked a reservation to the Offshore Motel after viewing it on the web for my daughter and I.

Thankfully I was able to look at the room before I handed over any money.

The other reviews are absolutely correct in saying that it is more like a "crack house". I couldn't get my daughter out of their quick enough.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2006

esecially if you're going for afterprom..this motel is horrible. It smells the minute you walk in, the AC doesn't work and the bathroom is gross as well. Considering we were just staying for a night it wasn't worth it, and i hated it as well as the 40 other people that were with me...

don't waste your money!!

• Stayed June 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2006

well...we went after prom to the offshore for a weekend getaway. we basically cleaned the entire room for a good two hours before bringing our stuff in. it smelled like someone died in the room. we brought lots of cleaning supplies and bug killers like raid (although we luckily did not see any bugs/roaches!) definitley bring your own sheets/pillows/towels/plastic sheet covers. the fridge was actually clean, the pool was swimmable, the couch was really gross and we had to get our stove turned off bc it was permanently giving off heat. the management was a really weird family who could care less about anything/they over booked a lot of people from my school. just so you know, there are a few people we nicknamed "the regulars" because they are permanent residents of this motel. They are crackheads who told us they "had too many charges against them" to be on videotape. One of them (a female wiht a red bandana) also attacked a kid in my grade with brass knuckles and punched him in the face as well as threatened my life. the cops are everywhere and a lot of people got beer tickets -- they raided our room and took all our beer which sucked but we had a good time overall because we went with a lot of people. if we knew better about this place we would have definitely picked a different place to stay although they all look the same pretty much. it was only a block away from the boardwalk and the clubs which was good but we also found out that it is a homeless shelter in the winter time for people on welfare and drug addicts which freaked me out a little bit. if you stay here lock your windows and doors and be aware of the man on the jazzy. i hope this helps.

• Stayed June 2006