WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Lagro, IN
“Horrific Place!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2008

We stayed at the La Fontana for an entire week. What a mistake. When we saw our room, we were horrified and going to check out. We then were told our credit card had already been charged for the entire week and we could not afford to go to another motel. The motel is filthy, the furniture is falling apart and at least 40 yeard old. The carpet is heavily stained and very dirty. We were there for a whole week and absolutely no room service. No clean towels unless you physically go to the office. Manager could not speak much English and understood even less. Many times, there was no employee on premises. Just phone number left on office door. Door locks were as old as the hills and it took a while to unlock them. The location to the boardwalk and Seaside activities is very good so it's unfortunate they have left this motel literally fall apart. It does not look like the pictures or the description on the internet. There is no lounge or bar. You will be very sorry if you stay here. We had really been looking forward to this vacation and the LaFontana ruined it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Filthy Room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Barb8386

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2008

First off, the pictures make it seem a lot nicer than it actually is. I went down with 3 other friends (2 of us were 17 so we're still considered minors) . Even though you're allowed 2 adults and 2 Children the guy charged us an additional $40 for the 2 minors to stay. This was never stated on the bill from Travelocity so he essentially added a false charge (because it's not on the hotel's website either). He also had a very strong accent and limited to no customer service skills- this made it very difficult to communicate with him. There is NO room service in this hotel as well as no housekeeping (they don't clean the rooms until after you leave) so if sanitation is one of your major concerns I would strongly advise you not to stay here. The headboards were held up by a piece of wood on the walls- so they were not supported well and fell off several times throughout our stay. The rooms smelled like smoke and the carpets were disgusting. The shower did not work properly, there was no water pressure and more water came out of the faucet to the tub than the shower head. The towels were not clean and were stained around the edges. Overall, the hotel was horrible and so were it's employees (and honestly, besides the owner I only saw one other employee). I would NOT recommend staying here- our entire experience was overall horrible.

• Liked — When I wasn't actually in my hotel room
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Jcw727

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Dingmans Ferry, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2006

The room wasn't what was pictured on the web site. Carpets were stained, there was something still sticky on the night stand. The dead bolt didn't work. You could see the sunlight coming from around the door when it was shut. The pool was very small and dirty. I wouldn't allowed my girls to swim in it. I left, and was still charged for the room. I am still disputing the charge with my credit card company.

• Liked — If I had to choose something, the location
  • Disliked — the whole place
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't believe the internt.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mkenseth17
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2005

Ok, so I've been in some nice hotels, but this isn't AS BAD as those last reveiws. We went for my friends' prom weekend, with too many people to fit into the rooms we could afford. At first when we got there, we thought it was pretty crappy because the man working the front desk was absolutely rude and couldn't speak english, but when the actual manager of the hotel came, we talked to her and she was very understanding of our situation and she was extremely nice. We got instant service 24/7 and respect. The lady was incredibly nice and they just built a brand new place a block down and she's going to be in charge of it, so just stay @ the new place because this lady is truely nice and the cleaning staff was good too, he cleaned the rooms very well because we saw. Also, the swimming pool was clean and re-done...and I was just there recently. Honestly, it's not as bad as people say it is....my friend who lives down the shore stays THERE and told me outta all of the hotels she's stayed at, that one is one of the best...and she's stayed @ quite a few...so people, give this place a chance...and take a walk down the block and stay @ their new one...guarenteed to be cleaner and better :)

• Stayed May 2005
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2005

We stayed in this hotel during the winter time to celebrate a friends birthday and it was plain nasty! The fridge did not work, no toilet paper, the shower sounded like it was about to explode, and the heat did not work. We had two rooms reserved for two couples but when we arrived and realized that the head did not work we decided to use one room hopefully to stay a bit warmer. When asked for a refund for the second room 5 minutes after arrival we were denied and offered an electric heater (which did not work). I've stayed many hotels in sea side and knew not to expect luxury but i sure didn' t expect it to be this nasty. Every time we went to the office during our stay the front desk attendant was asleep and it took 15-30 minutes to wake him up. I would not recommend anyone stay in this hotel...

• Stayed January 2004
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2003

I have been going down the shore since i was 1, i am 20 now. so for the past 4 years i have been going down the shore with my Friends, Girlfriend, and for Prom when i was in Highschool. I have stayed at almost every motel in SeaSide... This Motel was by far the worst motel i have ever been in. the Sheets were stained with blood, the sink was stained brown from god only knows what, and to top it off we found a dead mouse under the Bed. The Staff was every rude, when we asked for a room change, we were denied. When we asked for new sheets it took them over and hour and a half to bring them to us, and the door locks were very weak. The Pool water was green, and the rooms smelled like someone *** in them I would never stay at this place ever again...It gives seaside it slang name of SleaSide....

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member