“Very recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Philadelphia
“Very recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

My stay was nice. The employees where nice and the room was clean. Im a very picky person so we asked to see the room first. I checked everything and i didnt find stains or anything so we decided to stay there. It was cheap and worth what we payed. My stay was great and i dont care what anyone says it is one of the best places to stay and i will be back to stay again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JNA_QUILES

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

I've stayed in almost every motel in Seaside over the last 30 years, this one is in the top 5. The motel staff ( loved the Polish women by the way ) was friendly and on top of everything. The woman at the desk was absoloutely fabulous! Loves to chat. The only downfall was they may have to hire security on the weekends. You know how us BENNYS can be,lol.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank SHORTYSPAL
Kearny, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2006

3 teenagers(16,18,and 18) and myself (19) stayed at this motel for the sunday-wednesday following our prom. Seeing that we would be staying a few nights we decided to get the efficiency, which was just a waste of money, it had a stove, an oven and a fridge but it did not have any pots, pans, or utensils of any kind. The entire time we were there I kept my flipflops on while I was inside because the carpet which was kind of office style looked like it would turn the bottoms of your feet black. This motel was basically the main party motel of the entire trip, even after we got home people were asking where we were staying, we'd say the glendale and they would ask if it was our room that got raided, or if we were on the floor that was holding the party. The entire first night the people above us were playing beer pong on the balcony and being noisy the entire night until the cop outside told them to shutup and go inside. The only good thing about this motel, was that the people who worked there were extremely nice, and I had nothing but good encounters with them. I wouldn't recommend this motel to any families or couples but if your a group of teenagers who want to stay up all night with partiers and only have a little money, I'd say chance it, it wasn't that bad, but as motels go, it was one of the worst I've ever been in.

• Liked — it was about a block off the boardwalk
  • Disliked — it's a party motel, and is not well maintained
  • Tips/Secrets — there are quite a few houses for rent a block or two down, you'd be better off renting one of those
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank anathelia

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

New Jersey , phila area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2006

I Have to say we felt very insafe here. we had on 2 consecutive nights have drucken men banging our door ( which the door frame seemed very week, )demanding we let them in . I tried calling the front desk and Surprise, the phone didnt work , called 911 and the seaside police dept was not helpful at all, treating us like we were trash. they actually said to us, what do you expect, look where you are statying. Also it was very dirty, my feet were black from walking from the shower to the bed...So all beware...its a horribel , scary, filthy place

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — do go here
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank billybart
Tarrytown, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2005

This was our second time staying here. We stayed for a weekend back in 2003. This motel's service went downhill in the last 2 years because I was extremely disappointed this time. I booked a room over the phone and was promised a king size bed and fold-out couch. I received a receipt in the mail stating that we would be in room #31. Upon checking in, they put us in room #33 which was a double room with 2 full size beds. They told us they didn't have any king size beds left- well then why was I told I would be getting a room with one??? Also, there were no towels in our room and we were told by the woman at the desk that we would have to wait until the following morning for towels- so we couldn't take showers that night. She was too busy taking care of her 5 or 6 kids behind the counter so maybe she just didn't want to leave them to get up and give us the towels. The TV did not have a remote so in order to change the channels you had to keep getting up and walking over the disgustingly dirty carpet. My feet were black within minutes of walking on the floor and I actually ruined a pair of socks because they are beyond washable now. I ended up wearing my sandals in the room the whole time because otherwise my feet would be dirty right after taking a shower. The blinds were falling apart so therefore there were gaps where people could actually look through and see inside the room. There was no chain lock on the door- it was missing. Also the top lock doesn't lock- only the bottom lock works. No hangers in the room so I guess we should have brought our own. Also there was a smoke detector but it didn't work. I would never stay here ever again which makes me very sad because I enjoyed it the first time I stayed here.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank Steffy913
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2005

First of all, you have to pay a deposit for the remote for the TV. Secondly the bedding was dirty and stained. There was a foul odor in the room. The elevator smelled like urine. There was a hole in the bathroom ceiling where tiles were fallen out... I mean a huge hole.

The bathroom was dirty, the sink had soap scum, you could see a build up of dirt on the floor, the towels in the bathroom were dirty and smelled bad, the toilet was dirty and stained, the tub was unusually high, which was very dangerous because everyone slipped when they were stepping out of the shower.
The lamp in the room was broken. I would advise anyone to stay at a name brand chain. These places are conveniently located close to the boardwalk, but it really isn't worth it , unless your use to staying in a dump.

Stay in Toms River and pay for parking in Seaside. I'm wonder how in the heck this place received the "Good Quality Assurance Rating " from Seaside Tourism, I mean how low are their standards? Are they just looking to see if the room had a door, windows, running water and the floor wasn't made of dirt?

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia PA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2005

I stayed here for two days and my experience was great for Seaside Heights. Where I stayed has some serious problems that management may not be aware of. The carpets are absolutley a health hazard. They are so very dirty that they feel pasty and greasy. The efficiency we used had a very health/fire hazard leak right over the stove. We all know what happens when water hits a hot pan with grease in it. Someone can be seriously injured with a hot pot of grease and if this drip gets in the food, we have some very sick people. We reported it to the caretaker, and he stated that he would take care of it, but never did. The grease from the carpet made the kitchen and bathroom's tile floor very slippery where I actually slipped but did not fall. The Bathroom was in good working condition, but floor mats are not provided. Kitchen was clean and refrig was clean. The windows did not have adequate convering where passerby could actually see inside and also in the bathroom. The pool is small and needs repairs especially the handrails. My sister came with me and she is handicapped and we had to help her into the pool because the handrails are too loose. It is a heated pool and it felt great. Management, you were very friendly and courteous, but your place really needs some serious attention. I will stay in your establishment again, but only if you repair your place and bring it up to health codes. Please do yourselves a favor and take advise and fix your great place before someone gets seriously hurt or even dies in a fire. Best regards

• Stayed July 2005