“Having reasonable expectations is key.”
Review of Glendale Motel

Glendale Motel
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My boyfriend and I (Mid-Late 20s) come to seaside year round. We've been to the Glendale on no less than 5 different occasions. It's a motel in Seaside that costs $60 a night, so keep your expectations low.
They only have double beds, and neither are incredibly comfortable but we are typically coming back drunk from the boardwalk so we could care less. The showers work and so does the air conditioner. If you come on a Friday or Saturday night, expect some very drunk characters to be hanging around.
What makes us come back time and time again is the fact that it is in the most fantastic location. You're less than half a block from the boardwalk beach and just a few blocks away from Karma and Bamboo, if you're into that sort of thing.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the first floor!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TPA1592

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here in 2010 with my wife and two kids (4 & 6 mo.) in the apartment next to the office.
Our bed kept falling apart. There was no Lights in the bed room. Broken Glass in the cabinets. sour milk left in the fridge.
I am so glad we found a new place to stay. We see every year that this place is getting worse and worse. in 2012 I was out late with my three year who would sleep and we walk to the boardwalk and saw people "partying" on the roof. SO GLAD WE FOUND A DIFFERENT PLACE.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank JohnCurtisJr
surfk123, Front Office Manager at Glendale Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

I have read your review however Glendale Motel has been closed since October 25,2012 due to Hurricane Sandy, We will reopen on May 1st 2013,

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Glendale and honestly, it was absolutely repulsive. I actually did my research before hand and looked up reviews before I booked our trip and only saw one out of about 30 that said this place was horrible but I tried to stay optimistic, thinking they may have just had a bad experience, nope! They were right! We only stayed for one night THANK GOD because I would never go back there again. I booked our stay over the phone and they seemed completely professional, but this was not the case at all. There was THREE pieces of gum stuck to the wall right near my boyfriends head, hair in the shower drain, the bathroom sink sprayed in every direction except downward and the bathroom door didn't even close all the way. The bathroom in general looked like you woud get hepatitis from touching anything. The cups that are usually given to you in the bathroom COVERED IN PLASTIC weren't covered in anything but germs, needless to say we DID NOT use them. There was also a half used toilet paper roll left in the bathroom! Surprisingly there was a tv in the hotel (a very crappy one but at least it worked...sort of) which did not have a remote and got all of about four channels. I could deal with the tv because we spent as much of our time outside of the hotel as possible. By the end of the night, we were so grossed out by the room we didn't even sleep under the covers. As if the room wasn't bad enough, the service was terrible as well. We wanted to see what time check out was in the morning, so we didn't get over charged, THEY WEREN'T EVEN THERE! They had a "be back in 30 minutes" sign on the door. My boyfriend and I waited over an hour for them to get back. I would 100% recommend staying at ANY other hotel rather than this one. I would definitely give it two thumbs down and negative 5 stars to say the least.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank LakenFlynn
Reviewed July 26, 2012

It was quiet at check-in....The cops came the first time about 11pm...The loud partyers(kids) and motel staff had no consideration for anyone...About 40 drunks all night raising hell,cops called finally at 5am ended the bull...we finally got to sleep a few hours..We checked out and got a refund for the second night....no way were we staying there again ....ever...
We got a room in Best Western in point pleasent and had a great ending to the weekend at the beach...

Room Tip: Stay out of town...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Deervalley42
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Front desk assistance was very respectful and polite. I loved that it was so close to the beach. It was an amazing experience. And planning on going again. Thank you.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Christysolano
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Everything in our room was wonderful....the room was clean and perfect fresh sheets blankets and towels...the pool was clean..the hotel was very welcoming...i would stay there again for sure...thanks for the wonderful room

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dusty C
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I don't know why the bad reviews our room was clean and the service was great... The front desk employee even allowed us to stay park on the property after we checked out.. I had a great experience and would definitely stay again..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple