“Hated this place” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Pucknut
“Hated this place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2008

Where do I start?? Well it's a disgusting place and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. The owners are not hands on so if there is an issue after 10:00 pm, you are on your own. This is basically a frat house with a over priced check in rate. The room was YUCK!! Sand on the bed - floors are disgusting - they are all tile. We walked around in our flip flops the entire time. We had to ask for towels for the room three times. There was left over food in the fridge and hair all over the tub and bathroom floor. Parking is very tight and they asked us to move our car three times during our stay so someone else could get out. Never again and buyer beware!!! The only good thing I can say is, the young man who checked us in was very nice.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

I have stayed at this property twice. Once before the renovation and recently again during the Memorial day weekend. The new owners have completely renovated the rooms. Carpets from all rooms have been replaced with new flooring, New Beddings, New counter tops in the bathroom sinks. The rooms are exactly as they appear on the motel's website http://www.seasidesands.com/rooms.htm

The best part is that it's only 1/2 a block from the boardwalk. You can walk down, you don't have to move your car once you arrive at the motel. I also found a really nice bar and resturant around the corner called Hemingway, great place, open until 2a.m.

Could use better shampoo and soaps packages. I would just bring my own shampoo and soap.

All in all great experience, friendly owners and staff.

• Liked — No hassles, closest property to the beach on Sumner Ave., very safe,
  • Disliked — This in NOT your Marriott or Comfort Inns, however it serves the purpose for beach goers and people who wants to party discreetly.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2007

Ok so it was a last minute thing, but goodness I would have never imagined it be like it was.. I almost cried when i walked in.. There was sand on the floor, sand on the bed.. the walls were dirty, the bathroom was small and again dirty.. it just looked like it hadn't been cleaned.. I asked to see another room, it was ok but we decided to leave and asked for a refund..I don't recommend this place to anyone.. it was nasty awful place..

• Liked — the only good thing was that It was right by the boardwalk
  • Disliked — Everything that had to do with the place itself...
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2007

wow its not a 4 star inn thats for sure........unless rated on a scale of a 100....but if you lkie a dumpster and you live like oscar go there its perfect for you...mold behind the dressers. yuk.. then when we asked for our money back they said no way.. so we took it to the next step ill shut them all down if i can.. i urge all of you to go look before you waste your money...Code enforcement officer came there when i was there and has been there several times the still screw the customer. The room was shut down unitl they put a new bed or 2 new beds.. fix the falling ceiling, new carpet, new bathroom, etc i can list all day...they and all drive a Benz.. thats cause the spend no money in that motel.. so like i said dump hole.. go somewhere else.. or you will be sorry.....

• Liked — close to the boardwalk
  • Disliked — dirty motel and bad service
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2007

The other reviews described this place perfectly. It is the most filthy, nasty place I have ever been in. When we got to this dump of a motel, we were told we would have to park in front of a dumpster and would be blocked by another car also. So the lady at the front desk said we would have to leave our keys with her. Uh I don't think so! What do we look like...complete fools. We get to our room...if that is what you could call it. I would say more like our dumpster which looked nothing like the "clean" rooms they had on their website. The place was a disaster. The one bed was half off the frame, there were bugs in the bathroom, the bathroom was filthy. The floor was covered in sand and stuff from the people who had stayed before. The sheet and bedspread were stained. There was a very nasty odor and the door lock did not work! We asked for our money back and told them why. They told me that the floors are hard to clean because of the sand...I told them to get a new vacuum then! When we asked for our money back the lady gave me two receipts back...one for what we were charged that night and another for the deposit. I should have looked at the reciept closer because I thought she refunded my deposit which turns out she tried to charge me $100 extra. I did not realize this until after I got home a few days later. I have been on the phone for days now bickering with the maneger there who has yelled at me numerous times and basically told me I was lying about the bugs and the flithy room. In the end, I am out the deposit(which was more then stated on their website) and they are refunding me the extra $100 that the girl "mistakely" charged me. The manager told me that I should expect this from a cheaper motel and that it was my fault that I did not look in the room before I paid. Now I know better! I have never seen anything like this in my life! We ended up staying at the Sea Palace Inn which we were very pleased with. Please whatever you do...don't stay at the Seaside Sands...it is the biggest dump and would have slept on the sidewalk before I stayed there.

• Stayed July 2007
nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2007

The place is in a great location about a block from the beach right in the heart of the boardwalk. The rooms were ok. They need some work, but for the most part it was clean. I think some paint/new wallpaper would help alot. Management is very helpful and nice. They are also quick to fix whatever problems one may have. They dont clean rooms daily, you have to ask for towels, toilet paper, etc but I liked it better that way because nobody goes in your room. If your gonna spend most of your time out and you need a place to sleep at a descent price than I would say this place is good.

• Liked — management
  • Disliked — rooms need remodeling
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2006

When I made our reservations online it was the Gangplank. When we got to NJ we could not find the Gangplank so I called their # only to be told they had changed the name to Seaside Sands--go figure! When we pulled up in front I was skeptical to say the least. When we went to check the room we found a mess! Dresser drawers with clothes, wet towels and metal shavings in them! WHAT A DISGUSTING MESS! We turned the air conditioner on and smoke came out. When we asked for our money back we were told we could get 2 nights back but they were keeping the 3rd night as a deposit because we had not cancelled 2 weeks in advance. How did we know in advance what this hole would look like when we got there!!

The Deems, Ohio

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away