“Never .. ever ... ever .. again !”
Review of Dry Dock Motel

Dry Dock Motel
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
A TripAdvisor Member
“Never .. ever ... ever .. again !”
Reviewed February 4, 2005

I stayed in one of the DryDock's houses on memorial day weekend, and, never again will i rent a house from this guy ... or stay in ANY of his hotels.. The house was disgusting.. it smelled so bad... you walked in to a little room with a couch blocking the door.. The kitchen was disgusting.. grease all over the stove, the pullout couches didn't pull out. The shower didn't work.. the toilets didn't flush.. The Tv was on the floor in the living room.. There were little "spaces?" we had to use as closets.. the celing had missing tiles.. there were random BOARDED up .. areas of the house? Veryy Sketchy. The air conditoners spit out icecubes.. I guess you could call it a "party" hotel, because the owners dont give a damn what goes on.. but all the money we spent for the one room shack we had.. at least REMODEl once every 404 years.. It seemed as though the place wasnt remodeled and/or cleaned in the longest time.. All the money this guy makes.. he should put some towards the maintence of his properties.. The Location was EXCELLENT .. parties every where.. We had fun .. OUTSIDE the house.. I even slept out by the pool one night.. out of complete disgust because a roach fell on my friends head while she was blow drying her hair... on top of how disgusting the inside of the house was.. to even get to the house you had to walk through this little "ALLEY WAY" and the yard had grass which you could tell hasnt been cut in .. years.. there was a dirty.. believed to be bloody/stained maitresss laying against the house.. with beer cans all over & ripped up blankets? and Bed frames.. The house seemed like it was one big house.. divided in to 5 LITTLE ones. Beware of the dry dock & its "sister" motels.. (he owns many .. offshore is one.. i believe sea gem is another.. and he has about 4 more)

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, Manager at Dry Dock Motel, responded to this review, August 2, 2005
We are sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. We can assure you that we try our best to accommodate our customers and make their stay as comfortable as possible.

All of our properties are renovated with new carpeting, fixtures and other things every year.

Please visit us and give us a chance to make your vacation comfortable.

Hotel Manager

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed December 17, 2004

my friends and i rented the dry dock house across from the motel. The owner, promised us an enjoyable stay and said we would be able to fit 8 people comfortably. To our surpise we had people sleeping on the kitchen table. The pull out beds didnt pull out, the shower didn't work, and the toilet wouldn't flush. We had to beg him to let us use a hotel room in which we had to shower and use the bathroom every day. The shower had a hole in the bottom of it, which our feet would get stuck it when we tried to shower. As i was blowdrying my head a roach fell on my head.. and the guy at the hotel told us "that place is known for roaches" We tried to not be in our house as much as possible. We paid about $200 a night for a horrible weekend. The air conditioner shot out ice cubes, and the kitchen table had no chairs.. There were no closets to store our things and the closest thing i had to puttin my stuff away, was a corner in the front room with a little desk that the drawers hardly opened. I would never stay there again, and if i did it would only be for the free dominoes we received one afternoon. btw. the owner looks like yoda

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Reviewed August 1, 2004

Rented the house for one week at very reasonable price. Sam thanx a lot for renting such a beautiful beach house at good price. we had checked prices at OTHER motels in Seaside Heights and they were charging too much for motel room (just because they would provide free breakfast). thanx to Sam my family enjoyed the stay and were able to enjoy our vacation within our bedget. location is very good for house and services were great. ofcourse it is not five star rating but then just for high rating you would end up paying 4-5 times price also. if you would want to save lot of money and still have very good vacation then trust me this is the place to be. just ask for sam and he will provide you with nice and clean house. I felt like rich man staying at beach house only some hundred feet from boardwalk. TRUST ME...

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2004

I took my mom to the shore on a girls getaway, becouse she has been going through alot lately. She has lung Ca and is going through chemo. They promised me a cleen first floor room b/c I explaned to them she can't expose herself to smells or dirt at this time in her life. It could make her sick. When we arived at the motel they should us 3 diffrent rooms befor i found one that i thought was ok. We were hungry from traveling so we put our things in the room and went to eat. We didn't even unload anything. We were gone about 2 hrs. When we returned I started to unpack this is when I found everything wrong with the room. There was urine on the rim of the toilet, food crumbs on the counter,and holes in the couch. My mom went to lay on the bed while I unpacked and found a BUG crawling on the bed! I went to tell them i wasn't happy and wanted my money back to go else ware they said they couldn't give me a complete refound and took me to see 3 other rooms that were stinky and also not clean. They did offer us 1 nice apt. but you had to walk up stairs and my mom couldn't do them. They gave me a refound for the next day but charged me for a full night stay. This is not good business. They have a sign that says 25.00 cancelation fee, when I told her i would pay that if she refunded the rest she said she wouldn't becouse we were there more then 15 min. There is nothing on the sign that says within 15 min. please save yourself a bad experience and stay away from this place.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 28, 2004

This motel should be condemned! I would like to know why some of the reviews state that the rooms were "renovated". I can certainly tell you that the room we stayed in (room 6 to be exact) hadn't been renovated since the Eisenhower Administration!
The door chain was dangling off the wall. The carpet clearly had not seen a vacuum in a long time. I have seen better furniture at the end of peoples driveways for "spring clean-up". The beds were short-sheeted. Four channels on the TV and NO remote! The bathtub and the countertop by the sink were dirty. The bathtub drain was clogged and water backed up ankle-high! And, oh, what a musty odor! Dirty! Dirty! Dirty!
No cleaning service or room maintenance! First, we cleaned the room ourselves with Lysol and disinfectant wipes. We had to plunge out the bathtub ourselves. Had to return dirty towels ourselves to the laundry room get clean ones. Asked for a vacuum, none to be had! Next day, asked again, offered a broom. Had to take out our own garbage (daily) and ask for more garbage bags, washcloths, and toilet paper! Oh, and if you want to use a hairdryer, unplug the air conditioner or you will blow the breaker! That is what we were curtly advised to do when all the lights went out in our room.
I realize the motel is very cheap for a beach town, but give me a break! This was so pathetic!
We gave the motel a nickname, however since profanity is not acceptable in this forum I will modify it slightly to adhere to the policy. "Litter Box". Think about it!

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 27, 2004

Our stay was very pleasant for a week. we rented the beach house which was quite nice, clean and only like quarter block to boardwalk. management took care of majority of our requests. provided us barbacue grill on the backyard, let us use pool and parking of quite a few different motels. we haven't been to seaside before but with this pleasant experience I guess we will visit frequently.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2004

We stayed at Dry Dock Motel, Its was nice and the rooms and houses are newly renovated. We went all around the town and ask for prices and Dry Dock motel had really good price. But there were some idiot kids staying too. let's me tell everyone about this family came down and they lied to management saying that they are only 3 people and later management of the hotel find out that there were 8 people and the hotel manager nicely ask this family to pay more are extras person can live at hotel. This family came up with excuse about bugs, cockroach and many other things. Anyway we loved this motel and i will tell all my friends to go at this place.

10 Thank wuwong