“Oliveras Da Serra”

Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River
Ranked #29 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My wife and i attended a birthday party at Oliveras.We were unaware of this restaurant previously. Attire is comfortable but neat - jeans and sneakers are fine or you can dress up as well.
The food and sangeria were outstanding - the service is very friendly and very attentive. So we decided to go back for dinner.
On mother's day we took the family back for dinner. The food, drink and service was the same high quality as it was during the party. The menu has very good and different seafood dishes - some traditional (shrimp and garlic) but is all made fresh and you can really tell! The deserts are also homemade and are awesome. Definitely try the red sangeria - and get a pitcher! We will be going back here regularly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I recently traveled to Seaside Heights in search of a clean place that would be suitable for my family. After seeing the reviews on tripadvisor.com I knew I found the right place! Such a clean pleasant place where the staff treats you like family and the pool is always clean! I heard horror stories of places in Seaside but this place was far from it, it was immaculate and the room was spacious! I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling with their family that appreciates good service and cleanliness cannot say enough about this place so great!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor ,pool view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Noha A
CranburyInn, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear satisfied guest,

Thank you so much for writing about our excellent hotel. Our staff love to hear from guests who have enjoyed their stay such as yourself. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed me and my wife there for 4 night and they were the best ever we really cant wait to go back nexy summer , the room was so clean , very nice breakfast , the staff was so friendly and helpfull Alex and Marg are so funny and their custmer service level so high :)

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear satisfied guest,

Thank you for your visit to our excellent hotel and writing about your great experience. Our staff work hard to make your visit easy and enjoyable. We are glad to see we were able to achieve that for so many of our guests including yourself. See you again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I loved the place. To blocks from beach,a family package. It was a little small but I really dont care about that after all, all I am going to do in that room is sleep. Um... What else? AC works great. NO BED BUGS! That lady that said she got them after he beach, I bet she had Sand Bugs, u bring them back from the shore if you dont shower right after. I loved the decor. The family weekend package is well put together. It gave free breakfast, free beach passes, casino pier tickets, and a gigantic discount on the watermark/casino pier.if you wanna have. Great time down in Seaside Heights. I RECCOMMEND THIS PLACE!

• Stayed: August 2012
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear satisfied guest,

Our staff loved having you here as much as you had much at our hotel and in Seaside Heights. Thank you for sharing your experience about our excellent hotel and see you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I've been going down to seaside for years, but I've never really found a place to stay that I was excited to go back to again. I finally found the place I want to stay at again next summer. The Cranbury Inn has everything couples, families or friends could want out of a motel at the beach. The staff is very friendly, and they go out of their way to help if you need anything. The rooms have recently been renovated and look great. There is no carpet. This was a plus for me since I have allergies. The place did not feel like a motel at the shore but more like a high end hotel you'd see in a more expensive area. The pool was clean and the bathroom was nice as well. If you are going down to the shore this is the place to stay. It is reasonably priced and well worth they stay. I highly recommend staying here. Book early because it seems liek they fill up quick during peek season.

Room Tip: All the rooms have recently been renovated. Just get one!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear satisfied guest,

Thank you for your excellent review of our great hotel and hardworking staff. We are glad you had an easy and enjoyable stay as you wrote about. We are looking forward to seeing you again for your visit to Seaside Heights!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed here on 08/24/12 and 08/25/12. Relatively speaking it was what I expected. You are not going to find 5 star hotels in this town, they just do not exist. The woman at check in was very nice. However, the building needs work, the entry door was propped open so anyone could wander through the halls, speaking of the halls they were painted cinder block which felt like I was in a old hospital building (like the ones you see in horror movies). The first room we were given had a hole in the wall and a hole in the bathroom door it also had a very strong cigarette odor. After flushing the toilet water began pooling on the floor, we told the lady in the office who changed our room immediately. The new room and no holes and a "nicer" bathroom. The bathroom door was difficutlt to shut and the towels had stains and hairs strands on them (we bought our own towels).The "double" beds are actually "full" size and if you are 6 foot tall or more your feet will be dangling over the edge. We bought our own bed sheets and sprayed lysol on the beds before using them. I also bought disinfecting wipes and wiped down the bathroom, and anything that we would be handling (TV remote, door knobs, AC). The AC unit was filthy! The filter was full of dust clumps and the unit itself was just never cleaned (I did a thorough disinfecting wipe on all the controls). The AC is in the wall just above the floor and about one foot away from the bed so whoever sleeps in that bed gets frostbite just to keep the rest of the room cool. The pool is small, about the size of a backyard built-in. This place is at least as good or better than most. By looking at others while I was there I would say the Colony and Hershey look like the best and the Hersey has a huge pool, by far the best pool area in town!

Room Tip: Bring your own bed sheets, towels, and disinfectant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review about our hotel. Our hotel does have smoking and non-smoking rooms, so we are able to accommodate your needs as far as that is concerned. Regarding the hallways and rooms with damage, we do try to maintain our hotel to a very high degree and so we have updated and addressed all the issues you mentioned in your visit including the hallways, rooms with damage, and even have upgraded our hotel with a new 24 hr lobby for your use all day. Our pool area is excellent as well as you remember and we hope to have you back again to try us with our new upgrades!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

Check in process was done simply and with a smile even though my group was driving the poor woman crazy. LOL! Terrific staff and hospitality. Wow! The hospitality was by far some of the best I have ever experienced. Breakfast that can be added to your package is so well worth it. Not a shabby menu. The room was exactly as can be expected. It could use a little sprucing up but the room smelled and looked very clean and inviting. None of the minor details that needed fixing would keep me away from staying here again or recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn Seaside Heights/Toms River, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear satisfied guest,

We appreciate your time to write about your excellent experience at our hotel. As you highlighted, we will be doing our annual repair program after the season ends. We will continue to improve and maintain our property to make sure your visits continue to be enjoyable.
Our restaurant staff also appreciate the recognition. They rarely get mentioned and are very thankful.

Best Regards,