“hands-down the best place to stay at while visiting Seaside Heights, NJ”

Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartments
Ranked #25 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Boardwalk Seaport Inn is hands-down the best place to stay at while visiting Seaside Heights, NJ. This is my second year vacationing in Seaside Heights for Memorial Day Weekend, and I was overly satisfied with this years accommodations. The previous year (2010) I lodged at the Hershey Motel, which was further inland and more expensive. This year, after careful research, my party and I decided that this location was the best deal. Our recent trip affirmed and solidified our opinion of the place.

Boardwalk Seaport Inn is also in a fabulous location. It is right on the boardwalk but away from all of the commotion, as it is on one end of the boardwalk. It also has a third floor roof balcony open to all residents that overlooks the ocean and provides a fun place to hang out with friends.

An unexpected plus at Boardwalk Seaport Inn is their helpful and personable staff. From the planning stages of our trip they were very gracious in answering all of our questions. Throughout the weekend our manager Ziko spent time with us, whether getting to know our friends or telling us about himself. However, our manager did not only take a liking to our room, but many. Throughout the weekend I saw him interacting with all his clients. This of course was completely unnecessary, but an additive to our trip. His kindness came off as genuine, instead of strictly business. The friendly staff extended beyond the manager. The security guard was also great company, while very understanding of our needs. I must have had about 20 requests or more over the course of 4 days, whether it be more toilet paper or even dish soap, and our manager and staff complied faster than google can turn up search results.

This motel is definitely one of the nicest (if not the nicest in the area) with an incredible staff. Every dollar was well spent when considering the location, room accommodations, and staff.

If I ever need to stay for the night in Seaside Heights, I will never consider looking into another place because this is truly the best bargain. In fact, my friends and I are already planning another trip back to the hotel in the coming months!

Room Tip: recommend the beachfront rooms or suites
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank dsmonkey623
CranburyInn, Guest Relations Manager at Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent, in-depth review of our property. We strive to have our guests feel as you did when staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us and appreciate you booking with us again. Don't worry, we'll try to get that oceanview room for you! We will see you again in Seaside Heights!

Reviewed May 27, 2011

My stay at the hotel was great the rooms were exsreamly clean an they made it feel at home the beds were really comfey too everything about the place was nice best part was the hotel was directly on the boardwalk everything was in walking distane

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank wakeboarder0183

Dear Guest,

We are very glad with the title you have posted. Those are the three ideas that we are trying to accomplish at the Boardwalk Seaport. I am very glad you enjoyed yourself with us and are looking forward to you staying with us again. We will continue to make your visit as stress relieving as possible.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

A group of us stayed for memorial day weekend! It was the best room I've ever stayed in! The people working were very kind and accommodating and made sure we were comfortable at all times! The room was very big and clean and the beds were very comfy also :) I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to stay in seaside!

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Beachgoer123456

Dear Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Boardwalk Seaport. We appreciate your visit and hope you enjoyed your stress free visit to Seaside Heights. We look forward to you choosing to stay with us next year!

Reviewed May 23, 2011

This motel is right on the boardwalk, it has an awesome view, a cool roof deck, but what is really outstanding is their staff! If you are kind and courteous to them, you will get the same respect back and then some!

My husband and I stayed there this weekend on a mini honeymoon, and the staff were so kind to us.

We had a very serious incident that happened in town, and they did more than you would excpect to accomadate our needs, they went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of.

I would highly recommend any of my family and friends to stay here, it's nice to know that there are still kind people out there.

Zeeko (sorry if i spelled your name wrong), we will never ever forget how much you helped us and next time we go to seaside we will definitely come back and stay at the boardwalk seaport inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tcrouse612

Dear Guest,

We are very glad that everything worked out for you. Thank you for your kind words and hope that everything with the incident has been resolved. We appreciate you recognizing our trained employees (Ziko especially) and are very glad everything was excellent on your mini-honeymoon.

Have a great Summer and hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2010

Stayed here with my whole family this year. This is not the first time we stayed here. Apartment was big enough and was right on bottom floor. Easy access to boardwalk, beach. Staff was really nice. Everytime we needed something we had no problem. Everyone was soo nice. We will def be back next year. Thanks for everything!!! See you next year!!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank Cassielina03
CranburyInn, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Dear Satisfied Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to write this review. We always appreciate it when a happy patron expresses their satisfaction. We are very happy to see that you will be returning and will work even harder to make your stay as relaxing as possible.

Management at the Boardwalk Seaport Inn

Reviewed August 24, 2010

If you are there for the ocean, its your safest bet for excellent service, best location, and great value. Easy in and out to your car, to the boardwalk and straight to the beach. Staff is available at all times if you need so much as a towel and they keep an eye on everything with security cameras including the free parking area. Their kindness has been priceless as I go there alone with a special needs child. Also, this is an excellent location if you want to catch a glimpse of the MTV Jersey Shore crew. Location is well-managed by local security as well. Motels are not meant to be fancy, so talk to the staff in advance and arrive with appropriate expectations. I've been all over the country, all over Seaside Heights and I say it's plenty clean enough for a beach trip

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alvaan

Dear Family,

I am glad to see that you enjoyed yourself with our establishment for the past three years. Do know that we are continually working to improve our hotel and will make sure that you will find us the best destination for your family when you visit the Jersey Shore! I am glad that you are satisfied with our security and safety is our Number 1 Priority with our guests. Even if you are not on property and need any assistance, we are only a phone call away!

Management at the Boardwalk Seaport Inn

Reviewed July 21, 2010

I stayed there on 4th of July weekend. The location was amazing right on the boardwalk. And there they have this deck on the third floor for all the guest to use. Came in handy to relax and also when there were a sea of people were on the boardwalk to watch the fireworks. I had quite a good experience.
The rooms were pretty good compared other years I stayed in seaside. The price was satisfactory compared to the quality. I was not displeased with my stay at all.
Oh let me add, they offered me free beach passes and I opted for the breakfast package which gave me breakfast At the cafe in front of the hotel. Service was good, the manager was very nice!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank supiverson2003
CranburyInn, General Manager at Boardwalk Hotel Charlee & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review on our property. We hope to improve continually improve our rooms and services to help our guests enjoy our stay.

We welcome you next year when we update our deck and continue our excellent Room Quality.

Management