“Best Motel In Seaside!!”
Review of Belmont Motel

Belmont Motel
Ranked #19 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Best Motel In Seaside!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My Family and I have been staying at the Belmont for years. And here are some of the many reasons why we continue to come back. We arrived early. Ben (who runs the Motel ) told us our rooms were not ready, but gave us a room so we could change . 15 mins. later we were changed had our beach badges (free) from Ben and were on the beach. After spending a great day at the beach, we returned to the Motel. Ben told me only two of the rooms were ready. We said no problem, we will wait in one of the other rooms. After about 2 hrs. Ben told me our third room was still not ready. We said we will continue to wait. Ben said NO, he will take care of it. He came back 5 mins. later with a key to a room and thanked us for being so patient. He took us to the room. He upgraded us to one of the biggest rooms in the Motel and just said....Enjoy!! The rooms are clean the place is great, and as I've said before, Ben will do ANYTHING to make sure his customers are happy. For a good time in Seaside Heights...... The two things you need to know are.... How to get to the Belmont Motel and how to get to the Beach!!

Room Tip: Room 202!!!!! Trust me on this........
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The motel was very clean and the staff was friendly when I arrived. I was worried about MDW in seaside but it was rather nice. The boardwalk is rebuilt nicely. I had loads of fun with the family. Rooms are clean and the property is well kept. Ben and I talked about the Hurricane and the how the town was. Belmont Motel helped the community with lodging and he is now a volunteer firefighter. Overall, I have to give this place an A+. The owners were there they spoke with us to make sure we were enjoying our stay. We can tell the management and owners care to make there guests feel at home. The location of Belmont is probably the best, its close the restaurants, 7-11 and a block from the beach. Only bad side was that it was a cold weathered weekend. Ben I will be back in July, when the weather is warmer!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kenny H
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
Reviewed May 19, 2013

i stayed at the Belmont Motel with a bunch of my friends this past weekend. we were a little worried about staying in a motel in seaside but it turned out to be such a great experience. the rooms were very clean and cheap! the owner was very nice and friendly and treated us very well. i reccomend this motel to anyone who is looking to stay in seaside and doesnt want to spend a ton of money. also, the pool was very nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anonymous L
Lebanon,pa
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Tammy
Young couple
Lebanon, United States of America
July 30, 2012

I booked the room through booking.com "guaranteed best price". A week after I booked it I saw the price was cheaper for the same room. I called booking.com they said they would talk to manager @ motel to lower the rate. Manager said no, even though their normal rates that are listed on their website are cheaper! Booking.com said it was the manager that made the decision, well when i got to the Motel the manager said I have to talk to booking.com. I will never stay at that motel or book through the booking.com site again.Also when i called to find out what my total was with tax the manager told me to hold, then he yelled at one of his employees! I rated this on booking.com site and thought it would show up here too but it didn't so decided to copy and paste to this site.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tamm_10
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed January 17, 2013

i went to seaside heights to see if i could find a Motel available for this coming summer season and came to find the Belmont Motel the only one open. when i went to the office i found out that i was able to place my reservations and also look at the rooms that would best suit my big family. i was able to insure that i would have 3 rooms for the two weeks i and family will be visiting seaside heights. i was also able to pay them for a reasonable price too. it also insured my safety to find that the Belmont Motel was not damaged by the big storm sandy. the manager was very nice and pleasant man to speak with, made me feel like i was family or a good friend. i will make sure to pass on this Motel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: all rooms are great weather u need bed for a personal touch or two bed/ couch for a close net family...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flo R
Albany, New York
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We showed up on the 12th of Aug. with no reservation. The owner immediately showed me a room and I took it. When I told him it was for 3 nights, he gave me a better price than was listed.The room was very clean, beds were big although not the most comfortable.Pool was good size and clean.Each morning they put out bagels cereal,juice and coffee.It was located a short 2 blocks from the beach and boardwalk and right across from the police station.Staff was always very friendly. You read all the bad reviews but we had nothing of the such.If we go back to Seaside Heights, this would be my choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Showed up to this motel in July and was disappointed. I have two kids and it was so dirty. They have bed bugs and the rooms were musty. There was nothing nice aout this motel and I hope people stop going. I will never go back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family