“Best motel in seaside” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
“Best motel in seaside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

i stayed at the Belmont Motel with a bunch of my friends this past weekend. we were a little worried about staying in a motel in seaside but it turned out to be such a great experience. the rooms were very clean and cheap! the owner was very nice and friendly and treated us very well. i reccomend this motel to anyone who is looking to stay in seaside and doesnt want to spend a ton of money. also, the pool was very nice and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anonymous L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lebanon,pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Tammy
Young couple
Lebanon, United States of America
July 30, 2012

I booked the room through booking.com "guaranteed best price". A week after I booked it I saw the price was cheaper for the same room. I called booking.com they said they would talk to manager @ motel to lower the rate. Manager said no, even though their normal rates that are listed on their website are cheaper! Booking.com said it was the manager that made the decision, well when i got to the Motel the manager said I have to talk to booking.com. I will never stay at that motel or book through the booking.com site again.Also when i called to find out what my total was with tax the manager told me to hold, then he yelled at one of his employees! I rated this on booking.com site and thought it would show up here too but it didn't so decided to copy and paste to this site.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tamm_10
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

i went to seaside heights to see if i could find a Motel available for this coming summer season and came to find the Belmont Motel the only one open. when i went to the office i found out that i was able to place my reservations and also look at the rooms that would best suit my big family. i was able to insure that i would have 3 rooms for the two weeks i and family will be visiting seaside heights. i was also able to pay them for a reasonable price too. it also insured my safety to find that the Belmont Motel was not damaged by the big storm sandy. the manager was very nice and pleasant man to speak with, made me feel like i was family or a good friend. i will make sure to pass on this Motel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: all rooms are great weather u need bed for a personal touch or two bed/ couch for a close net family...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flo R
Albany, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We showed up on the 12th of Aug. with no reservation. The owner immediately showed me a room and I took it. When I told him it was for 3 nights, he gave me a better price than was listed.The room was very clean, beds were big although not the most comfortable.Pool was good size and clean.Each morning they put out bagels cereal,juice and coffee.It was located a short 2 blocks from the beach and boardwalk and right across from the police station.Staff was always very friendly. You read all the bad reviews but we had nothing of the such.If we go back to Seaside Heights, this would be my choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
White Plains, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Showed up to this motel in July and was disappointed. I have two kids and it was so dirty. They have bed bugs and the rooms were musty. There was nothing nice aout this motel and I hope people stop going. I will never go back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Michelle M
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I paid a little over $200 for a Aug 26th overnight stay. Considering that this motel was one of the top 5 highly recommended in the area, i had so much expectation. The room is average, nothing to impress me, although the beds are really bigger for 2 adults. The room is clean but the place is ageing, including the appliances. Breakfast is bagels and cereals and juice and coffee/tea, nothing fancy. The reason i got this motel is the proximity to the shore and the boardwalk. Considering that there are a lot fo parking pay stations right in front of the boardwalk that costs $2 per hour, I suggest that you take a nicer hotel/motel that is far from the shore that would cost you a lot less and just drive to the shore and pay the parking. That way, you get a very nice room and enjoy the beach for much cheaper.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The manager treated me and my friends like dirt! He was completely rude! We walked in to this family perfect motel to a group of managers smoking god knows what in their office. When we first got there they made us wait until they were ready to give us a room. The room was a gross discussing mess. There was hairs all over the ground and the shower wad pitch black. The need covers had white dots all over it. THE BELMONT MOTEL IS THE WORST PLACE EVER SERIOUSLY SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T GO THERE!!

• Stayed August 2012