“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
White Plains, New York
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Showed up to this motel in July and was disappointed. I have two kids and it was so dirty. They have bed bugs and the rooms were musty. There was nothing nice aout this motel and I hope people stop going. I will never go back!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Michelle M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I paid a little over $200 for a Aug 26th overnight stay. Considering that this motel was one of the top 5 highly recommended in the area, i had so much expectation. The room is average, nothing to impress me, although the beds are really bigger for 2 adults. The room is clean but the place is ageing, including the appliances. Breakfast is bagels and cereals and juice and coffee/tea, nothing fancy. The reason i got this motel is the proximity to the shore and the boardwalk. Considering that there are a lot fo parking pay stations right in front of the boardwalk that costs $2 per hour, I suggest that you take a nicer hotel/motel that is far from the shore that would cost you a lot less and just drive to the shore and pay the parking. That way, you get a very nice room and enjoy the beach for much cheaper.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The manager treated me and my friends like dirt! He was completely rude! We walked in to this family perfect motel to a group of managers smoking god knows what in their office. When we first got there they made us wait until they were ready to give us a room. The room was a gross discussing mess. There was hairs all over the ground and the shower wad pitch black. The need covers had white dots all over it. THE BELMONT MOTEL IS THE WORST PLACE EVER SERIOUSLY SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DON'T GO THERE!!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Kristenj1
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Just returned from a week at the Belmont. My family was in the older part of the motel, but the room was spotless. I have NEVER met a nicer owner. Benjamin and Heidi went over and ABOVE the call of duty to make us happy. We have tried MANY different motels in Seaside, but I found the one we will be returning to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donna74693
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Belmont this past week We got there to early to check in, However, Ben the man that runs the place said no problem. He got one of our rooms ready very quickly. He then gave us our beach passes and before we knew it we were changed and on the beach! The entire staff were very friendly and polite. We had several requests which they took care of without hesitation. The rooms were VERY clean and a nice size. I can't say enough things about this motel and the people who work there. Ben takes alot of pride in doing anything he can to help his guests. If you are going to Seaside, stay at the Belmont. you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Suite # 207 is large with plenty of space to move around if you want more room than a traditional ro...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rich R
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This being rated the 4th best motel in seaside heights, i was extremely disappointed. The day we arrived it was raining and the manager made us wait outside in the rain until he was "ready". Once we got to getting my keys, i asked a question about the security deposit and then he demanded 150 dollars. The room was dirty and dated. Our bathroom door was broken and didn't even close. At the end of the trip when I was turning in our keys, the manager told me he took the security deposit because I was being a difficult customer and because I asked about it. Then he went on how he didn't need my money because he makes so much already. What a extremely rude individual and spent most of my time at my friends hotel instead. Would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank kmiranda17
Thornhill, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

For the price, we really weren't expecting 5-star. We just wanted a clean place, enough beds for five travelers, parking and air conditioning. We opted for the suite, which included a fold-out bed and a sitting room. It also had a coffee-maker, microwave, mini-fridge, toaster, some counter space and kitchen supplies. But without a range, I wouldn't call it a kitchenette. But the room and amenities met our needs. The owner and the staff were great. They checked us in early. We didn't use the pool, but it seemed like a nice little family gathering place. Someone was even barbequing last night. We felt quite safe with the Seaside Heights Police Department right across the street. The best feature besides the considerable family value: the location close to the boardwalk and the beach. Narly waves!! The Belmont's not fancy or luxurious. But if you wanted fancy and luxurious, you probably wouldn't vacation here in the first place. Seaside Heights is all about beach, clubs and tackiness. Perfect spot for the area's niche market, ages 19-24. We Love the area nonetheless. As Arnold said: we'll be back.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family