WINNER WONDERLAND

“Rooms looked like they were never cleaned from before us!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantic Inn

Atlantic Inn
Ranked #38 of 41 Hotels in Seaside Heights
“Rooms looked like they were never cleaned from before us!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Yes, this place was cheap just for 1 night stay but it looked like they never cleaned from the people before us ! Bathrooms was so small !!! The door weren't fully seamed so the cracks brought in bugs and you can here everything from inside the room on the outside ! Never again!!!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rater101

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed a couple nights everything was great. Hotel is older but was very clean. Not sure about past reviews I guess they made changes. Staff was perfect room was good. Close the the beach. Close to the boardwalk. Price was the best over all the other hotels. All of Seaside are older motels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have never reviewed anything before but this place was so disgusting that I had to stop anyone from paying money to stay there!
It was dirty, no toilet paper, no shower curtain, burn holes in the sheets, stained floors, rusted bathroom the list is endless.
We were told that this is normally used for section 8 housing in the off season, and yet they charge almost 200$ a night for pure disgust!
Do not....I repeat do not stay here!
Do not waste your money! You are better off sleeping in your car!

3 Thank SCambria

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Newburgh, New York, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the pits (at least my room). We arrived at 6:00 pm. The room wasn't ready. When we got in, it was actually two tiny rooms with a small air conditioner in one, which couldn't cool either room ( it was in the 90s). The furniture was broken and there was residue of duct tape on one piece. There was no wifi ("the IT guy is working on it"). The staff was nice but the place was terrible. Now I'm trying to get my $ back from Hotels.com.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nonsense1
Troy, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was, by far, the worst hotel experience we have ever had!! The room was dirty, and smelly, which only got worse after you turned on the air conditioner. We had three rooms reserved..and according to the rest of our group...ours was the best one! We had a tub that didn't drain...so you were knee deep in foul water - we had to go to the office and ask for toilet paper and towels, and the bathroom was just gross. We made no attempt @ getting any food or coffee from the office...the prospect was just too scary. Check out time was 10am...we were long gone by then!! I would not recommend this place to anyone...we ended up paying $100.00 + per room just so we could have the worst time of our lives....@least we only stayed for one night!

Room Tip: There are absolutely no tips for finding a good room here!!! The picture posted showing two happy pe...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is deplorable! The pool is dirty and not available for use, we were told no hotel could open their pool as of yet this year, only to find out all other pools were open. Lame excuses were what we got for everything. The furniture was falling apart, sheets didn't fit the beds, had to ask for towels, curtains falling off rods, microwave was ancient, the lock on the door was a joke, no WiFi as promised. The list goes on and on. I was so disgusted with the conditions it actually effected my ability to enjoy my trip. We all wore shoes the whole time, the floor stayed slippery from the moisture in the room. Who tiles an entire hotel room????
Avoid this place!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kat112370
Chevy Chase
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Knights Inn Seaside was pricey for a 1-star hotel ($156, plus $10 pet fee), but I booked it and ignored the horrible reviews because it was the only pet-friendly option I could find close to the beach other than its 1-star sister hotel down the street, La Fontana, which has even worse reviews. Our goal was only to find a clean, safe place for one night.

We got to the hotel shortly after 10 pm after a day at the beach. There was no parking available and we were told to check at La Fontana. After no luck we followed the hotel owner's son over to a vacant hotel 5 blocks down the street (also owned by the same owner) and then drove us back, which was thoughtful. We did not feel great about leaving our car there, but we had no choice given the hour.

The first thing we noticed when entering room #21, which was smaller than a comparable 1-star Times Square, NY rooms, were long black hairs on the floor and on the sheets when I pulled off the comforter (to stash in a corner). The room appeared to have been cleaned because there was an unopened roll of TP and soap in the bathroom. Then I noticed the swarm of ants eating an unidentifiable liquid on the floor. The front desk apologized and offered us a can of Raid. We requested another room and then waited 20 minutes in our first room for them to confirm it had been cleaned. The owner tried to offer us $20 back, but said we would receive an email from Priceline reporting us as a no-show and to just ignore it. We thought he may be trying to avoid Priceline from permitting us to post a review if we were reported as a no show so we did not accept the refund. I’ve submitted a similar review with Priceline.

We finally got into room 27 after midnight. The front desk did not offer to help us move our stuff. This room was slightly bigger, but just as dirty (dried urine around the toilet rim and hairs on floor). The fridge was not plugged in and smelled moldy. The door jam was cracked and the door would not close without slamming it. It appeared to have been kicked in at some point and management did not bother to fix it. Given the hour and how exhausted we were, we just decided to sleep in our clothes - what fitful sleep we got.

For those of you traveling with a pet, the hotel's small print says a pet fee may apply. Priceline called to confirm it would only be a $10 fee before I booked the room. Upon check-in they tried to charge me $30, and blamed Priceline for the error. I refused to pay the additional amount. At departure, I complained again to the front desk. The front desk guy looked at me like I had two heads and said he would talk with housekeeping. Also, watch out for the roaches coming from the trash dumpsters located right outside the front office. The hotel offers breakfast in the front office, but after you see how dirty the office is you probably will not want to eat there. And, think twice before jumping in that pool – or at least take a look at what might be floating in it first. Gross.

In summary, I question why this hotel has not been condemned. And in my Priceline review I recommended that they pull it from their bookings until it passes inspection. I typically rely heavily on hotel reviews, yet this is the first time I have ever take the time to write one. I thought it was important that I carefully relay my experience at this horrible hotel so others could avoid a similar experience.

Room Tip: Pay more to get a 2 double bed room. It will be a bigger room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple