“Yikes”
Review of Atlantic Inn

Atlantic Inn
Ranked #39 of 39 Hotels in Seaside Heights
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We arrived at the Knights Inn around 9 o'clock on a Friday night in the rain. After checking in we were informed that we would have to park down the street at another motel because there wasn't enough parking there. We got our first room and there was sand on the comforter. We pulled the blanket back to expose the sheets where there were hairs and stains. Upon looking in the bathroom there were shaved hairs around the faucet. Then, looking in the closet area, was a lovely dead bug. Near the bed post there was dust bunnies along with what looked like little black dots...possibly bugs, but at this point I was already grossed out enough I didn't look any closer. So, we went and complained to the man in the office who then gave us a different room. Unfortunately, it was not any better. This room had clean sheets, but there was a condom wrapper and an empty beer can in the fridge!!! We refused to stay there and didn't get charged. On top of all that, the remotes in neither room worked. They charge way too much money to stay in a slum...Just don't go there.

Room Tip: Don't do it. Yuck!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank StephanieMarie292929

Reviewed July 21, 2012

This hotel, shouldnt even be advertised, it was a hot mess, and I was totally shocked at what we were stuck in. When we arrived, we had to wait, for the lady to finish "cleaning" the room. When we were allowed in, I wanted to vomit. The room had two beds, but should have had only one. The floor had sand all over, which was understandable to a point, but for just being mopped, it was nasty. The bathroom, if you were small enough to fit, was missing tiles, hence mold growing in the shower. When you sat on the toilet, your knees touched the wall in front of you, and Im only 5ft 2in. There were no towels, wash cloths, soap or shampoo, luckily we had brought a bunch of beach towels. After we had settled, there was a knock at the door, asking if we had towels, and we were left with 4. We used them to cover the floors to walk on. I pulled down the bed spread and found black hairs all over the bed, and decided against pulling it down to sleep on, so we slept on top of the covers. Channels were limited, and a few channels we could watch, I woke up to my husband rushing to turn it off, due to nudity. We decided to spend the entire day at the beach, so we didnt have to sit in the filth. Upon coming back, it was dark, there were a ton of moths covering the porch from the lights being on. We got into the room, and closed the door to find that there was a 1 1/2 inch opening at the top of the door, and all the bugs and moths were getting into our room. There were no storm windows and my 2 year old was able to open slide windows herself. I coulndt imagine staying there when it was cold! It was gross, and there was so much filth, Im sure Im forgetting to mention something. I would not recommend this room to anyone but crack sellers, and even that is pushing it. We almost just slept in our car- oh, and the free parking they promise? If youre not there before 9, they park you, and other cars, so you cant get out of the hell-hole the next morning. We had to drive up over the curb, to get out! I have seen some reviews for this that claim its ok..well, they must be some of the crack sellers, because this was disgusting!!!! Do not get a room in this hotel, bogus advertising.

Room Tip: as long as you dont get a room here, you are good!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Autumn W
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I'm by no means a hotel snob, but this hotel was so unacceptable that I refused to stay--even for a party town like Seaside Heights. In addition, the management is dishonest and unethical. First, the guy at the front desk is always on the phone. It appears that he is having a personal conversation (i.e. not with a customer) because he is speaking in a foreign language. He made me wait for him to finish his call before he would even acknowledge or assist me. Second, he did not have a room with a double bed even though that was what I had a reservation for. Third, he proceeded to offer me a room that appeared to be someone's private apartment. There were personal items (e.g. razors) in the bathroom, there were no locks on the doors, the bathroom window was completely missing, and the toilet was dirty. My travel companion and I were appalled and asked the manager for a refund. He told us that he couldn't refund the money and that I would need to contact the central office. I've now contacted the central office for Anchor Inns and they are telling me they need to contact the hotel manager to issue the refund.

Room Tip: Stay at the Seaside Beach House instead. It is cheaper than this place, and it is run by honest, dec...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Keith0399
Reviewed June 25, 2012

BED BUGS AT THE HOTEL ALERT!
WARNING: THE ATLANTIC HOTEL (Knights Inn Seaside Heights); 1000 Central Avenue; Seaside Heights, N.J. 08751 HAS BED BUGS!! These nasty people had a nasty blanket with bed bug stains all over it on the bed. They didn't have a smoke detector in our room. Then refused to give my $200 back for a room I wouldn't pay $50. This hotel is all run down, posting blurry pictures on the web so they can get customers and is a festering sore to the whole Seaside Heights community. Even our neighbors said their room was nasty! Don't go there or take some bed critters home with you...Horrible isn't worse enough of a word to describe this place. Shut down should be the words used to describe this place.

Room Tip: Never, ever stay at this place. Your baggage might not be the only thing that comes home with you...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobfromRollestonSt
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Awful overall. Lacked bare needs( hair dryer, tissues, extra toilet paper, working fridge). One bed was so dented in the middle it was impossible not to be on top of the other person. No place to hang anything, not a single shirt. It is very close to the beach and the manager was nice.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank eremington
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Upon arriving at Knights Inn I went into the "office" to check in. The smell just about knocked me off my feet. I did not even feel comfortable putting my suitcase on the floor because it was so disgusting. They had old comforters draped over the furniture, the "complimentary" breakfast was an old tub of cream cheese, and the roof was caving in. The hotel staff spoke very little English and was very rude even from the beginning. I was given a room key and told in broken English that the room numbers weren't on the door yet and just to try the door down the hall?????? The pool was dark green and had beer bottles and trash floating in it, the stairs to the room were very unstable and the carpet with flithy and barely hanging on, the door to the room was not secure and this is just the beginning. Inside, the room smelled like someone had just passed away in there! There was still food and stains AND MOLD in the fridge and microwave, hair dirt and bugs littered the floor, there was no toilet paper, the shower curtain was dirty and the shower had brown stains, and the toilet was just the cherry on the cake- it was filthy. After taking photos of the room, only because I knew my family would think I was exaggerating, I returned to the office and explained to the hotel staff the room was unacceptable and I wanted a refund because I was not staying. The manager offered me another room and I declined because it would more than likely have been in the same condition or worse. I was told by the two men that there would be no issue getting a refund but I had to contact travelocity. I promptly called travelocity to explain the situation. When the travelocity agent called to confirm that it was okay to refund, a woman answered and refused. Several times travelocity tried to call for a refund. I even tried calling back and was hung up on several times. The staff is EXTREMELY RUDE and told me never to call back again, that I could write whatever review I wanted, and that no matter what I did that I would not get my refund. Most of the conversations go like this:
Staff: Hello
Me: Hello, I would like to speak to a manager please.
Staff: Who is this?
Me: Yes, I would like to speak to the manager regarding one of your rooms.
Staff: Who is this? You called me so who is this?
Me: This is ..... I just left the hotel a moment ago and have a quick question for the manager.
Staff: He not here
Me: Is there a different number I can reach him?
Staff: No
Me: Can I leave him a message for him to call me back or is there an assistant manager available?
Staff: Listen. Listen. Listen. We not give you refund. You stayed in hotel room for ONE HOUR. We no give you refund. You can write whatever you want. Don't call back. <click>

Not once was I able to speak to these people like an adult and have my concerns listened to. After days of waiting for a manager to call back, I called the hotel again and was given a cell phone number to reach the manager which did me no good. He YELLED at me and said I wasn't listening to him and then he hung up. PLEASE, PLEASE do not go to this hotel. I am in the process of working with my bank AND health department! Take your family elsewhere, sleep in your car, sleep ANYWHERE but here!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel! You will lose your money and your mind dealing with these people!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LaurenDiGallo
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed at atlantic motel 2 years ago for one night and last week i went down again with my family.My family and i enjoyed our stay at atlantic motel (KNIGHTS INN).The room were newely renovated and i was really satisfied. The room was clean.The distance to the bordwalk is just 2 blocks.The staff was really nice to us and manager told me they are converted to this motel in franchise knights inn so in this summer i am defenitely going back with my family.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family