“Loved Breakwater Beach” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casino Pier & Breakwater Beach Waterpark

Casino Pier & Breakwater Beach Waterpark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Casino Pier welcomes children, families, thrill-seekers, and boardwalk pleasure admirers. Stroll through the variety of rides our amusement park offers situated on a classic Jersey Shore pier, extending into the heart of the Atlantic Ocean. Whether you are looking to take your family to experience the rides for the first time or you are a returning visitor, with plenty of rides, cool ocean breezes, and a spectacular view, the Casino Pier amusement park has something for everyone! Breakwater Beach is a state-of-the-art water park with one of the largest interactive play area on the North Atlantic Coast. The renovation of “Jenkinson’s Breakwater Beach Waterpark at Casino Pier” (Formally Water Works) offers our customers a fun and exciting family attraction. The Casino Arcade is jam packed with all of the latest video & redemption games of chance, along with all of the classic slot machines, skee ball and pin ball games. No matter what your age, you will appreciate the variety of games in our arcade. You can win tickets that are redeemable for great prizes, take a ride on our antique carousel or compete against each other in one on our numerous racing video games.
Clifton Park, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Loved Breakwater Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stayed a block from the park. We got there first thing and the park was filling up then a thunder storm passed and the place cleared out. After the storm the park was les than 1/2 full. What a great time we had!!!! Can't wait to go back again!!!

Visited July 2013
CBPLLC, Public Relations Manager at Casino Pier & Breakwater Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for visiting our park. We are thrilled to hear you had a great time. See you next summer!

Orlando, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Making Memories!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I cried for days after Sandy hit the shore on October 29th. I was clued to the TV here in Florida. I couldn't wait till summer rolled around so that I could visit the Shore and see first hand the restoration efforts that I knew "my" Jersey would do, and Casino Pier didn't let me down. Just a few weeks into July they opened part of the Pier for rides and once again new memories were being mad. It was so nice to see a lot of the old familiar places still there. My daughter loves going to Breakwater with her friend every year and once again, she was not disappointed. We look forward to next year when hopefully the Pier will be in full operation. See you then...

Visited July 2013
CBPLLC, Public Relations Manager at Casino Pier & Breakwater Beach Waterpark, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you Darlene for your review. It was a devastation after Hurricane Sandy but we are open and glad to see you made it this year! By next season we look forward to having more rides open on our upper deck to attract more guests! See you then!
Point Pleasant, New Jersey
“We love Breakwater Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Going to Breakwater Beach is one of our favorite things about summer. We usually go with a large group of parents and kids and stay all day. The park and water are super clean and there are plenty of things to do for all ages without being overwhelming. There is a wide selection of food available and the prices are average for meals and snacks, My favorite is the Lazy River. I could spend all day there! We purchase ticket books during the Easter weekend sale so we can go several times over the summer. We end our day at the Go Karts which are a lot of fun too. The staff are friendly and helpful. Give it a try, you'll have a great time!

Visited August 2013
Toms River, New Jersey
“Always a go-to place, and I LIVE HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I've been going to Casino Pier most of my life as a tourist, and now I live within miles of it and it is still a place I go to regularly for food, fun, comfort, laughs with the crew, video poker tournaments, and rides (and I'm older, too). The way they put everything back together post-Sandy with limited resources is amazing. The fact that they rebuilt the ride pier in time for some summer action is wonderful. Should it be your go-to place for highfalutin activities? No. But come for some perfect NJ shore charm and you will be glad you did!

Visited September 2013
Toms River, New Jersey, United States
“PATIENCE”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We here at the shore all need to be patient for the modified recovery to become established. It will never be the way it was, hopefully in some ways better. There is an element that needs to be removed with the debris. I am hoping for a more family oriented destination rather than we take anyone's money destination. My son got ringworm from the mats at Breakwater Beach, its been remedied but disappointing. The boards were nice and the limited rides were expected. The atmosphere is priceless! There is an entirety required for a positive restoration and a safe clean environment. I believe it can be better. Don't rush it or it may all burn down!
Bear24th

Visited August 2013
Hi Mario,
Thank you for your review. After a long recovery from Hurricane Sandy - we are working around the clock to get Casino Pier to reflect what it was. We have always portrayed to be a family destination and welcome all ages.

I would like to inquire about the ringworm your son got? We did not receive any phone call or email about other people receiving ringworm from our property. Are you positive it came from BWB? If so, it would have been extremely helpful to know and have our mats treated ASAP.