“It is what is it”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Canberra
“It is what is it”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here so we could see a different part of New Jersey for on night - was a little hesitant after reading some previous reviews. Checkin was smooth and easy and yes the room was tiny, but we don't come on holidays to stay in our room. The location was great a quick walk to the boardwalk but well enough away so you can't hear it. The only one problem was we did have paper thin towels and our hand towel was looked dirty (marks and even was plastering on it), small little things like that make a difference.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dash T
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate that you enjoyed the area and the room for the most part. We do understand that you had an issue with the size of the room and we hope we can provide a larger room for you during your next visit. As per the hand towel, we apologize for the issue with marks on it. We have already spoke to housekeeping about verifying that the hand towels are not damaged. We look forward to your next visit!

Guest Relations - EconoLodge Seaside Heights / Toms River

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Jersey
Reviewed May 30, 2014

This Hotel was absolutely a tremendous surprise. Great rooms, the place was updated to the fullest! Like a modern boutique, I truly enjoyed the vibe. If you get a chance check this place out! My stay in Seaside Heights was great, will be traveling there again as soon as I can!

Oh yeah let me add, Housekeeping was phenomenal.

I was very pleasantly surprised with entire experience.

Room Tip: My family really enjoyed the spacious 2 bedroom suite, it was HUGE!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank supiverson2003
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. We appreciate you sharing and look forward to your future visit!

Guest Relations
jc
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Everything was updated - room wise
Outside still had construction going on
Comfortable beds
Not far from boardwalk or food places
Few blocks from seven eleven
Clean pool
Enjoyable stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jess r
Dear Satisfied Guest,

Thank you for sharing about your wonderful experience at our great hotel! Our staff work hard to keep all the wonderful amenities available for our guests and to help guests have how you so well described as an enjoyable stay. We sincerely appreciate your sharing of a great experience, as so many have, but few will write about!

Guest Relations - Hotel Charlee Seaside Heights
Seaside Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I stay here at least a few times a month all year round when I go to visit family. I am always taken care of by the very attentive and polite manager during my stay. They are very reasonably priced and provide fresh tea and coffee which is very convenient. I recommend that anyone going to Seaside should stay here and take advantage of the great value and service provided.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank iluvursmiles24
Dear Guest,

We are so happy your enjoyed your stay with us. Though we do host so many guests, few take the time to share their great experience. So bravo to you for this, we sincerely appreciate you!

Guest Relations - Hotel Charlee Seaside Heights
South Boston, Virginia, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We Stay here pretty much every year or every time we visit seaside , i love the renovations every thing looks pretty new i highly recommend this place , friendly staff and nice management made feel like home

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kareem B
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight our excellent stay at our great hotel. Our staff really appreciate your support and look forward to having you stay with us again very soon!

We are dedicated to continually improving our hotel so we may always be an excellent hotel for your stay!

-Guest Relations Manager, Hotel Charlee
Newton, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Under new management... used to be called the Sands. Let me just say that our room/motel was a dump. I've stayed in Seaside before, so I certainly wasn't expected luxury or anything close to it, but this was bad. Got a room with a double bed and didn't expect the room to be so small. There was hardly enough room to move my belongings in. Room was maybe 10" x 12" with a decent-sized bathroom... like a small bedroom. The room itself (#206) was a terrible location. Our window opened directly to a shared terrace. With paper thin walls, you could hear other guests' every word from outside as they hung out and smoked on the patio. My room guest went out to the balcony to see if he could hear me talking in my room from the patio' and yes, he could. So yeah, no privacy. Also, low security. Our room window had an A/C unit in it that could easily be pushed in from anyone on the balcony. Anyone could easily break into our room through the window and rob us. Luckily, our stay was after labor day so there weren't too many other guests, so I wasn't too worried about it. Had it been much busier and filled with teenagers (sorry to pass judgment), like prom weekend, I definitely would have requested a different room. Upon arrival, I inspected my room. Immediately noticed the bedsheets were not clean; there were long brown hairs and several pubic hairs under the blanket. Eww. Grossed me out. I requested clean sheets at the front desk and they were happy to have the maid get me clean sheets, although there was no apology for this oversight. I also noticed there was a used dirty bathroom towel still hanging on the back of the bathroom door. It's now obvious to me that the maid did not do her job. As if the room could not get any worse, when me and my guest went to bed, we noticed the A/C unit did not work. Sleeping that night in hot humid Jersey weather was not too comfortable. The next day I asked for it to be replaced, and the front desk graciously did so as I spent the day at the beach. When I got back to room hours later, I noticed that upon replacing the A/C unit, dirt, dust and lint from the old unit had gotten all over my bed blanket. Again, no one seemed to notice this or have courtesy enough to clean this off. I also noticed that our room did not have a microwave as their website stated it was supposed to have. Fortunately, I didn't require it's use so it wasn't big deal, but still... it's not right to say your room has something and then it doesn't. The next morning, I put one of those "Maid Service Please" hangers on our door. When we got back from the beach, our maid had 'serviced' our room by merely putting two clean towels on our bed. She did not remove any of our used towels which I had placed in a pile on the bathroom floor; she did not make our bed. Seriously, do the maids here do anything? And lastly, I thought it was strange that our motel room did not have a phone. Sure, everyone has a cell these days, but I find it very convenient to have a room phone for dialing room to room or to the front desk. The only positives I can note about Hotel Charlee are that our room had a flat screen TV with HBO, the room had a contemporary (albeit cheap) décor, it had a close location to the beach and boardwalk, and the showers had hot water. Although this is America, so that last one is obvious. I would never stay at Hotel Charlee again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank songgirl84
Guest-Relations08751, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge - Seaside Heights / Toms River, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Traveller,

We see that you had issues with your stay. We will look into all the issues you mentioned so as to provide the best for our guests. As many guests have mentioned before, we are their favorite in Seaside Heights and are sorry you did not feel the same.

Travelers are raving about these Seaside Heights hotels

Brooklyn
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was excited to visit Seaside Heights to support the businesses that are coming back from Super Storm Sandy, but Hotel Charlee only looks ready on the outside. When you walk up, it looks colorful and fresh and modern, but our room was in a state of mild distress. The bathroom was a DIY mess with tiles that didn't go all the way to the walls or connect to each other in all spots; the shower floor was grubby; the television didn't work. The place was very close to the beach, though, so it had that going for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing about our hotel. We understand you had some minor issues. Our hardworking staff would have loved to assist you with those issues. We will continue improving our hotel during this off season so our guests will enjoy the hotel even more on your next visit! :-)