“So-so”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Prices were average for waterfront dining but the food was bland and not the quality I would expect for a local lobster house at the beach. It wasn’t a restaurant I would recommend to someone coming to the area. Maybe it was an off night.

1  Thank groffy

Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is the second time I've been to Maries and was terribly disappointed. The best thing about it was the atomosphere. It sits out on a doc over the bay and in nice weather is open air. We had beautiful weather but not such good food. My friend had the $36 crabcakes that were very small and dry. I had the $40 broiled seafood platter and I have never seen such small portions on this type of platter, plus it was dry. My husband had the tilapia special and he did enjoy his. Our other friend had a chicken parmigian that was just so-so. Our waitress was distracted and had trouble remembering our orders which was also frustrating. We all thought the prices were outrageous for the quality of the food. Would never go back.

1  Thank lovetonenana
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went to Marie's twice during our recent vacation and was not disappointed. Food is consistently good - my lobster fra diablo and my husband's crab stuffed flounder were very tasty - and kids meals are healthy (go for the seafood and pasta options) and cheap! Service staff is always nice (and accomodating with children) - and the chef often comes out to check in. It's occasionally steamy out on the deck, so if you want a/c, go elsewhere. And they don't have a liquor license so remember to bring your wine and beer. Or order takeout - the meals are GREAT value for money in comparison to other seafood places at the South Jersey shore and you can sit on your own deck and crack open a beer at your leisure :)

Reviewed July 20, 2011

We went to Marie's Lobster House on our last night in Sea Isle City. While the food was very good, I don't feel that you get a large enough portion for the price you pay. The service by the wait staff was slow, however, I cut them slack because they were all college kids who were just starting their summer jobs. I would recommend Marie's if you're looking for a good seafood meal while in SIC (because there aren't many other options) as long as you don't mind spending some money.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

I have been going to Maries for almost 20 years. They have the best Crab Cake on the Jersey shore, it is the size of a softball and 100% lump crab meat. No fillers. I take friends and family there as often as possible and nobody has ever had a bad meal. The owner Butch is there ever night overseeing everything while his son runs the kitchen. They are a family that cares, thats why all the locals come to Maries. I will be visiting their take out market today to stock up on crab cakes to make it through the winter.

4  Thank AmericanManufacturer